Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 139 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on September 3, 2016
This thing is powerful. It is also quite loud. It works very well so far though! Definitely recommend for the price. Used it about 5 times so far so I will update if I change my mind about the rating.

Update at 9 months:

Still use it every single day for a smoothie that fills the whole thing to the top. The power hasn't dropped much at all. I have put this thing through the wringer with the amount I pack into it. I'm very surprised that the power is still at least 90% of what it was initially. Definitely recommend especially for the price.
on December 16, 2013
I ordered this blender in October 2013. It worked for about 45 days then became very sluggish. I knew it was not going to make it much longer so called Amazon about returning/replacing. Amazon could not do anything since it had been 30 days. They did give me the 800 to Oster. GOOD NEWS! Oster is sending me a new blender!! Oster and Sunbeam have been purchased by Jarden. Jarden is aware of the Oster quality problems and they are looking into this. Hopefully soon we will have our old Osters back. But, I can say one thing, Jarden/Oster does have excellent customer service. They answered the phone quickly and resolved the problem quickly. Now, let's hope the new blender they are sending me works!
on July 6, 2017
I have a much older version of the same product, which still works like a charm. Based on that experience, I expected this one to be relatively equivalent. However, I am disappointed in overall quality. It is very noisy, sounds very high pitched, almost like it is struggling, and the housing feels very cheap. It can barely blend frozen fruits, even with plenty of liquid (e.g. water) added. The cord is exceptionally short and can barely reach an outlet. I am not sure how long it will last, but I hope to get a year out of it. It certainly doesn't sound like an appliance that would have any decent longevity.
on May 3, 2017
Has a bit of a smell to it but I bought it specifically to use with regular mouth mason jars. It does exactly what I wanted. I can prepare my smoothies in the fridge and when I'm ready to go, pop them on the blender for a minute or so and off I go.
on June 2, 2017
Works great, looks nice and very good price.
on October 17, 2013
This is proving to be a workhorse.
As the title suggests, the carafe/pitcher is glass.

I make at least one pitcher of smoothies daily. Frozen fruit, kale, liquid, seeds.
The blades take it all on and the motor sends the ingredients dancing together.
Large chunks of frozen stuff will chop, but it takes less liquid that you'd think. Too much liquid and the frozen chunk (peach slices in my case) swirls around but doesn't contact the blades. Poured off some liquid and once the blades made good contact, it was only a few pulses before I could add the liquid back into the pitcher.

Only issue is noise. Warn people before you start.

Easy cleaning.
on February 13, 2017
Struggles with anything more than protein powder, but that's what I bought it for. My review for this product is specifically for this price point. If it were just a bit more expensive I would rate it significantly less. But again, for its price the Oster 6684 does what I need it to do.
on February 28, 2010
Ordered with my fingers crossed. Over the years I have owned too many wimpy blenders that get that burn-y smell when I try to make something heavy duty, like hummus! This is the ultimate test of a blender's muscles. Well, this one passed the test! It did its job and I was relieved. It is easy to clean, easy to use a rubber spatula to get everything out too. We were a bit disappointed that this item took nearly a week to arrive here--probably the result of two major snow storms that his New Jersey just when we ordered. I think that this item is well worth the price. Try it, you will like it!
Additional information posted on December 11, 2011: We threw this blender out! It started leaking. And it was spinning around when the blender was on, unless I held it in place. Finally we realized that the base was broken. The black part that screws on was cracked. Don't know why. It wasn't dropped or abused. It just gave up the ghost!
on August 16, 2008
During the past few years, I have really grown to like banana milkshakes and was very disappointed when our old blender bit the dust. After spending a lot of time reading reviews on blenders, I was ready to buy a Waring blender for just under $[...]. The reviews were quite good, and they seem to last a long time. However, after spending a bit more time, I stumbled on this Osterizer for under $[...]. The ratings were all excellent, so I figured I could buy 2 or 3 if needed. It arrived quickly, and except for one issue, has been superb. I really like having 12 speeds - it turns out that the 2nd lowest works great for the banana milkshake (2 bananas and a bit of milk). At that speed it is much quieter than our prior blender. It has also worked well for my wife and daughter in making fresh fruit smoothies (really good). It sets up a great vortex. I didn't give it 5 stars because it has started making an odd noise at a higher speed. I am waiting to see if that ultimately leads to a problem or if I can just avoid that speed. Given that it is used every day and has been for 3 months, I am not too worried.
on April 4, 2017
I've used the blender just twice and every time is in use smells like is burning plastic. I even tested the base motor without any jar to see if the problem was the plastic ring but it doesn't. Gonna return the item and write back if I get a replacement.