Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,288 reviews
on August 21, 2016
Finally, after 20 years of cutting my own hair, I upgraded from my old Wahl clippers to the Oster Classic 76 with an assortment of metal clipper blades. Yes, this was an expensive upgrade when you add in the expense of all the blades, but, in combination with the metal blades, the Classic 76 does a much better job in 1/3 the time than the Wahl clippers ever did, so I feel it's money well spent. I wish I'd invested in these clippers years ago!

I've read in other reviews of people complaining about the clippers getting too hot. I imagine some of those folks did not take the time to read the instructions or watch the associated Oster Youtube videos on how to use and maintain the Classic 76. Prior to first use (and occasionally thereafter), there is a little ball bearing on the side that needs to be depressed with your fingernail and lubricated with the included oil to prevent the clippers from overheating from internal friction.

Also, when changing blades, the clipper needs to be running when you press the new blade into position. This probably seems counterintuitive, but that's how it's done properly to prevent eventual damage to the clippers.

Keep those tips in mind, and I can't see how you'd be dissatisfied with the Classic 76.
on May 8, 2016
This is a great piece of hair cutting equipment! For the past 10 years, I have been cutting my own hair, since my hair style is nothing more than a High and Tight. I've tried various cheap Wahl and Remington clipper kits and finally decided to upgrade my set to something more reliable and consistent, and I believe I'll never need another clipper now that I have this Oster Classic 76!

Pros:
* Even and consistent cutting of hair no matter how thick or damp.
* Interchangeable clipper blade is easy to remove and appears to be excellently manufactured.
* Removal of the clipper blade gives access to all the spaces where hair can get in, making cleanup easy with the supplied brush.
* Comes with 1 medium size tube of blade oil and 1 tube of grease. (Oil for the blade, grease for the motor).
* Stays relatively cool. It does warm up closer to the blade and you can feel warm air being ejected from the bottom, but this is normal operation.

Cons:
* Doesn't come with larger comb attachments. It comes with a standard #1 (1/8th inch) and 000 (0.5mm). Good for edge ups but you'll have to order a OSTER compatible comb set. I bought one with 20 attachments on Amazon for 26 bucks. Not a deal breaker.
* If you want the metal comb attachments, they are rather expensive. They range from $20-30 EACH SIZE, but you would be getting quality metal pieces. If you plan on doing nothing but two sizes, they may be worth it.

Obviously, the cons are really no fault of the actual clipper. The quality is sturdy and very nice to look at, it looks like it belongs at your local barber shop. Do yourself a favor and dump the cheap clippers that pull at your hair (I'm done with that) and get something that glides on your head like the Oster Classic 76!
on August 19, 2016
Anyone who cuts their own hair just buy it. It's more expensive than you'd like but the difference between this and pretty much anything else is incomparable. I have thick hair that grows fast and I like to keep short and this is the best that I've tried. And I've probably spent $150 on other clippers, $30-$50 at a time. If I knew then what I know now this would be the only clipper that I would buy.
on July 24, 2016
I have been using this razor twice monthly for the past 8 months (military), and have also used it on my dog. Whatever I put through it, it cuts beautifully and evenly. The razor is a little heavy but it feels very quality, and the finish is very attractive! This package comes with a small set of lube, oil, shorter blade, cleaning brush, manual, and sweet little bag. The cord is plenty long for professional use. I purchased a set of combs that are compatible with this razor, and I am floored by how good this razor cuts. My wife, who has never cut hair before, was able to pick this tool up and figure it out very easily, now I have a lot of my friends asking her to do their haircuts as well. The craftsmanship on this piece is very solid, and backed by a great warranty. I don't plan on buying any other brands! The only complaint I have is that maintenance is not explained in the owner's manual, such as the difference between the grease and the oil, is it submerisble, etc. I have developed my own system of care based on my previous knowledge, but I don't know how in line this is with what the company would recommend.

A standard toothbrush works great compared to the included brush for cleaning out the blade!
on June 9, 2016
This review is a first week review so take it within that limited assessment. I love this clipper. It's powerful and takes hair down like a champ. A word of note. Make sure to watch some you tube videos on repair and maintenance of this clipper before you fire it up. A common complaint is that the clippers run very hot but this is only true if you do not oil them properly before first use and so on. I made sure to get three drops of oil on the blades and multiple drops of oil within the side button as I used it.

First time I put one drop of oil into the side button while depressed and running as recommended by various experts. When I turned the clippers on they still ran hot so I added another drop of oil then one more drop. This brought the heat way down. I added one more forth drop for measure and the next day when I tried them again they were cool to the touch the entire time I used them.

Get a few drops of oil into that side button before you use them and keep adding oil as needed. Also, get three drops on the blades as well. There are also maintenance steps for the gears inside the blade head, watch some you tube videos to get that down.

These clippers are pure pro and built to last a lifetime.
on April 30, 2017
I have been waiting to buy this Oster73 for a long time & I finally have a my hand on one of these awesome clipper I love it. Everything on this Clipper is Unique and perfectly made it. Highly recommend this to every Barber... when it comes to a Very low haircut this is the Machine you deserve to have, saved you time & money đź’°
review image review image review image
on June 28, 2016
This clipper did not last me half a year , the motor stopped working after 6 months. I've had an Oster clippers before and lasted over 6 years but to waste $130 and one last 6 months it's insane and I can't return it no warranty I guess...
Would not buy again..
on May 6, 2017
I lusted after this thing for months. Should I buy it? I get the cheap conairs for like 25; they last a few years. The clips break and pop off. I deal with it. I buy replacements here. I save a lot of money. TREAT YOSELF. Upgrade. The LTV on this will exceed your Conair. You'll make your money back as this will last a lifetime. Yes, you will have to buy
More Metal guards. Yes. They cost as much as Normal haircuts. But that's just it. One haircut and you're even. This is a splurge that's worth it. Cut your own hair like a pro.
on June 12, 2017
Purchased my Oster Classic 76 approximately five (5) years ago, and this trimmer is still getting the job done. I cut my hair at least once-a-week since I've had these clippers, and not one problem have I experienced with them. I use the Oster (00000), blade which I purchase together at the same time with trimmer, and it still cuts my hair close to the scalp. Never replaced blade, and no maintenance with clippers to date. What else could you ask for with any quality purchase. if you take care of them, they will absolutely last a long time. One of the best and most reliable clippers you can buy.
on June 6, 2016
This thing is the real deal. I've been using a Wahl Balding Clipper for the last several years; while the Wahl is good, it doesn't hold a candle to the Oster 76. The motor on this machine is incredible--it just cuts effortlessly. I did have a little trouble switching the cutting blade (from the pre-installed "1" to the "000" that's also included) but once I figured it out, it was a breeze. I suspect the tongue on mine was just a little sticky but as soon as I un-stuck it, it was really easy. Also, the Wahl often cut my head. Not so the Oster 76. If you shave your head with any regularity, it's definitely worth the money.