Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(3 star). See all 324 reviews
on March 30, 2011
This blender is very good, it doesnt have dozens of speeds but it suits the purpose of a nice and basic blender. The glass jar has fallen once at about 3 ft onto hard stone tiles and it DID NOT break! So you know its a sturdy product.

The only fault I have with this blender is the bottom part that seals the blender should have metal threading so it does not strip out when you unscrew/screw it back on after cleaning the jar out. The base of the blender is also plastic even though it says its brushed nickle - thats just the color it is not actually metal.

Other than a few issues this is a really good blender and is quite durable.

-- Update 8/19/2011

The bottom black ring that tightens to the jar cracked; this seems to be a common theme with many of the reviews here. The part is cheap and very thin construction; I suspect vibration causes it to crack and eventually break. Search for 'Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base' replacement part here on Amazon; it is offered from GoodMan's, the part is made in Mexico and is about 3x thicker than the original Oster part; only around 4 bucks to fix the problem. Good blender otherwise.
on May 15, 2012
After reading several reviews on this product, and it being a top choice by consumer reports, I decided to give it a try recently. I am not sure what the big deal is other then it has a beautiful nickel finish. I find that this works great for blending dried foods (such as making bread crumbs) and freezes up a lot with large chunks of frozen fruit. I have to let my frozen fruit defrost some before putting it in the blender, otherwise I end up digging in the bottom of the glass (love that it is glass!) container and repeat until every chunck of fruit is blended up properly. I should have looked closer at the design of this object. It is very wide up top and narrow at the bottom, of course it is going to freeze up if I have frozen fruit half way up the container. The tiny blades at the bottom don't have much room to move the items around the blades properly. I am ranking this average because it preforms like my other blenders in the past. If you wanting a blender for protein shakes (nothing frozen) or for blending dried items, then this might be a good choice for you. But if you are wanting to make frozen thick smoothies, it is a waste of time! Good luck, just don't fall in love with the look of the product, buy based on your needs.
on December 5, 2010
I ordered this blender to make milkshakes for my sick husband. I had to stop the blender numerous times to get the blending going again. However, when the consistency wasn't too thick, it worked fine. The motor was not strong enough to blend ice cream and liquids, eventhough I followed Oster's directions and added the liquid first. I am happy with the product, because I did not spend a great deal of money on it and through Amazon Prime, the shipping was not a factor.
on December 20, 2013
We use this mostly for frozen drinks, and after a year+ of use, it still is going well, but it has always been a bit difficult to use. Ice doesn't get pulled down, so I usually have to stir, start, stop stir, start, stop, etc etc.
So broom line is it works, but perhaps is opt for something else now given our needs.
on November 25, 2015
I was able to chop up my spinach and ice cubes but I had to shake it side to side so that it would mix better. It is good to make mixed drinks and chop simple veggies for smoothies. It is good for the price range.
on May 14, 2016
The blender vibrates all over our granite counter top when blending anything. We must hold it down with both hands to keep it from vibrating off the countertop.
on December 28, 2012
Like similar reviews, when you turn it on you sometimes get the burning electronics smell. Pretty much throughout the course of the blending you will need to continually push the contents down in order for it all to blend, I pretty much just leave the center piece of the lid off while blending because you have to push it down so often. However, it is powerful and blends well once the contents reach the blades.
on April 16, 2011
This was a Consumer reports best buy. It is noisy but does what it supposed to do. I did not expect the chrome plastic bottom.
on June 26, 2012
Its loud! I would rather have a quieter one probably the KitchedAid, but its expensive oh well you get what you buy.
on August 24, 2013
It's a nice blender. The blender struggles on the low speed but is fine if you use the medium, high and ice crush speeds.