Oster BLSTET-C Ice Shaving Blender, Brushed Nickel
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Premium brushed nickel finish
- 5-Cup dishwasher safe and scratch resistant glass jar is thermal shock tested to withstand extreme temperature changes
- Both manual and pre-programmed electronic blending and ice-shaving settings for results with one touch that takes all the guess work out
- Shave ice for smooth frozen drinks with high performance ice crushing blade
- Pulse for precise blending control
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Compare to similar items
This item Oster BLSTET-C Ice Shaving Blender, Brushed Nickel
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||16.88 x 10.5 x 16.18 in||10.7 x 16.1 x 22.2 in||11.6 x 16.3 x 22.1 in||7 x 9.8 x 17.6 in||20.1 x 20 x 20.1 in||8.69 x 14.13 x 12 in|
|Item Weight||—||—||23.3 lbs||10.4 lbs||34.1 lbs||9.35 lbs|
|Material Type||glass||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Glass Blender||Plastic|
Unique Product Offering
With the Oster Ice Shaving Blender, you can enjoy a smooth, icy drink every day of the week and turn your kitchen into a vacation destination all weekend long. Either way ice doesn't stand a chance.
The high-performance, ice-crushing blade makes true shaved ice for restaurant quality frozen drinks.
Pre-programmed time and ice-shaving settings let you mingle while it mixes.
Quick & Easy
Step 1: Fill the ice hopper with ice
Step 2: Add your favorite ingredients to the blending jar
Step 3: Shave the ice into the blending jar
Step 4: Place the blending jar on top of the base and blend your drink
Top customer reviews
As the main use will be for this machine is to make shaved ice drinks, it definitely performs splendidly. I feel that is is pretty equal in consistency to a Margaritaville machine, but at a fraction of the cost. If you are considering a Margaritaville machine, I would highly suggest this to save some money.
We did try using the machine as a blender for a fruit smoothie and it was adequate but not anything especially amazing. The fruit was pureed but still a little "grainy" and not completely smooth. Really where this shines is in its ice shaving abilities.
Break down of rating:
Blender - 3 stars
Ice Shaver - 5 stars
Build Quality - 4 stars
Overall - 4 stars
I've tried several different types of ice. Below are my personal opinions and observations:
Overall, I like using crushed ice from the fridge. It makes perfect snow cone/Hawaiian Shaved Ice/ White powdery fluffy-goodness!
Using the cubed ice from the fridge makes LOTS of noise (understandable); though if I'm making enough to fill up the separate blender carriage the engine smells a bit over worked. It works well, though I wouldn't do this on a daily bases.
If you buy commercial ice Don't buy the kind with the hole in the middle- it makes for an uneven shave and is not good for continued usage. The other kind of store ice works well when you let it warmup a bit first- I keep it out on the counter for about 20 mins or in a small plastic cooler.
AND if you are able to, buy Sonic ice (or an equivalent-if there is one) & it is best of the best!
Cons- The blender, not the shaver, is glass. Not a real con, but if I have to find something I suppose that would be it. I'm not sure how durable it is, therefore it makes me a bit jumpy since I don't want to test its impact-ability...
*Also, the shaving blade is not adjustable and I'm not sure if it can be replaced;however, altering the ice to fit the wonder-widgit as above is as close to equivalent as small ones go; however, I know that probably will matter to some.
Hope this helps and you love it as much as we do!
- great build construction
- works fine with my ice from the freezer even though they recommend store bought ice
- nice wide chute for shaved ice to come out, and I can just hold up paper cone to it and pulse
- nice catch for melted ice water (but I do wish it was a bit bigger)
- not really all that loud if you ask me
- nice setup to shave ice first on top of fruit, and then swap shaver and blender and perform more blending.
- great price versus other devices I looked at
- nice looking
- wish it held maybe a bit more ice
- if you leave ice in too long, the small water reservoir will overflow, should be bigger
- pretty tall, if space is a concern
I've still not mastered my margarita's to compare to restaurant bought, and the ice shavings are very fine but still bigger than restaurants. I didn't double blend it though so will try that next.
Kids loved for snow cones!
The first night we got it I was able to unpack it, give it a quick wash, assemble and within 10 minutes my entire family (2 adults, 3 kids) were enjoying delicious snow cones that were every bit as good as the ones we buy from the beach vendors.
This is a much better alternative to those cheep plastic ice shavers you can buy at the store.
Easy to use, but is a little bulky and a little noisy but I think it is worth it!
Most recent customer reviews
And now I'm shopping for another one.