Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,696 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,106 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
44 comments| 362 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 24, 2011
I like to make protein smoothies in the morning for a quick breakfast. I thought this blender would be perfect for blending on the go and since the price was so reasonable I gave it a try. The blender blends very well. I typically use frozen fruit in my smoothies and it blended them without a problem. My only issue with the blender and the one thing that stopped me from giving it 5 starts is the lid that comes with the cup. The lid has a very poor design. It is very wide at the top and the way the opening on the lid is lined up, liquid pools on the top and drips down on the back side of the cup. If it came with a better lid, this would be a 5 star product. Oster needs to rethink the lid design.
4040 comments| 619 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2015
I was a bit hesistant to buy this, because some reviewers said it smoked and overheated, but I have had no such problems with it. I don't let it run continually when making smoothies, I pulse it. Maybe that's the difference.

I make smoothies every morning with this - yogurt, frozen fruit in 2 in. chunks, ground flaxseed, and 3-4 ice cubes. Pulse a couple of times and get a nice, thick, healthy smoothie. Stick a straw in it and I'm ready to go!

The bottle/container travels well and will not spill. The opening has a flap that clicks into place and keeps the contents from spilling if it's knocked over. There is also a handle on the top, making it easy to carry - if you have issues with your fingers not being able to touch extremely cold things (like if you have Raynaud's Disease, as I do), that's a really important feature.

It's attractive and easy to clean, but you will need a bottle brush to clean it if you make drinks that contain seeds (raspberries, blackberries, etc). Otherwise they tend to stick to the sides. And this is not the kind of blender that will pulverize seeds, so be aware that if you use berries in your drinks you will have seeds. I don't consider that a problem, but you might.

I love this little blender and am going to buy some for presents. It's a great buy!
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
2727 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2016
I rarely am one to write a product review but after blending up my morning smoothie with this little Oyster mixer, I decided to let others know what a great product this is! I've had this blender for over 1.5 years. It is used every morning by my husband & I to blend protein smoothies with ice & frozen fruit added. This mixer does an amazing job, especially for the price!!! I have used much more expensive products, but the Oyster My Blend does a great job.
What I love about it: you blend right in the bottle so you can throw a lid on & take it with you. You can purchase extra bottles separately & this makes it even more handy. Then just throw your drink bottle in the dishwasher & clean-up is easy!
Other reviews have complained of the lid leaking??? It is not a completely sealable lid so that you would throw the bottle in your gym bag! HELLO! Use some common sense! Consider it more of a lid like a coffee mug. No one is throwing that in a gym bag!
The lid does not leak at all with normal use. It's not going to leak in the car as you drive & it's great for kids to drink from also.
Fantastic product!!!
on October 5, 2016
I use this every day. I didn't want to burn out my Bullet blender by making smoothies every day so I got this.

Stuff I love
1. It holds more than the Bullet
2. The color is awesome. I have the pink one. Everything in my kitchen is black. Everything in my cubicle at work is black. So at home or at work , BAM there is my pink blender/sports bottle.
3. The base is really light so I can easily transport it from home to work. It stays at work during the week, then home on the weekends. I may consider buying a blue one for home.
4. Did you know there is a matching personal coffee maker?!? I found this out by accident. I saw a white and pink Mr. Coffee personal coffee maker on sale somewhere, thought it was great because it matched my blender, and bought it. The coffee maker comes with a pink 16oz thermos with a lid similar to this sports bottle. You can look super cool with your matching coffee and morning smoothie OR you can throw some milk and ice into your coffee thermos, put on the blade attachment, and put the thermos on the blender base to make a blended iced coffee! Yeah, yeah, there are products out there that do this in one, but like I said, I found this out on accident. And in my world of black I have a matching pink coffee maker and blender.
4. I have been using this everyday for 5 months and it is still going strong.

Stuff I don't love
1. The lid does not snap closed very tight. Don't expect to throw your smoothie in a bag and go. I put on the blade attachment to transport liquid in my backpack.
2. The blades are not sharp. Don't expect to get your smoothie perfectly smooth. For me this is fine for fruit and some leafy greens, but if I want to make a smoothie with raw veggies like carrots, I go back to my Bullet blender.

Overall, 5 enthusiastic stars.
on June 2, 2016
I've never made smoothies or owned a smoothie maker before. I generally really like the Oster blender, but it's far too easy to break. I've owned two so far (first was a gift). You have to rinse these cups out immediately after use because they're really tough to clean after the leftover bits dry up. I don't like the mechanism used to start/stop the blender at all. To start the blender you push the cup/blade down and twist it to lock it into place. To stop it you untwist it, but you have to either pull it off really quickly or tilt it slightly to disengage the motor. I wish there was just a button to start/stop the motor. I owned the first one for about 3 months. I guess ground the teeth that spin the blade down by not pulling it off the motor quickly enough. My fault sorta, I guess. If the design had been better, it wouldn't have been an issue. I never had a problem with it overheating and didn't experience any burning smell. However, the second one I bought had the burning smell after 2 uses. I've always used plenty of liquid (generally 1.5 cup) and never run it over 30 seconds. I've had this second one for about 4 months now, using it 5-7 times a week. The burning smell still occurs occasionally and lately there's a shrill sound when blending that has me a little more concerned. I may try out a different blender next time. Most of the time I'm making something like this: 1.5 cups frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 cup apple juice, .5 cup mango nectar, 1-2 ice cubes.

Update 7/25/2016 - I've had it with this blender. I ended up buying a 3rd one. This morning, the seal on the plastic piece with the blades fell off. I want to like this blender, but the quality is just not there. I'm not going to buy one every other month when it keeps breaking for various reasons.
on January 21, 2016
Purchased Sept 14, 2015
Dead Jan 21, 2016

This product is a piece of junk!! Worked (and I use that term loosely) for four months and then I died. I used this to mix protein powdered smoothies and such, so basically milk, bananas, yogurt, berries and powder. When it did mix, the blades would spin but not really mix anything. I would take the bottle off the base, shake it and then put it back on the base and start again. Some reviews said it would mix ice, but after a few attempts with frozen raspberries, I would def say NO FROZEN ANYTHING. This unit just doesn't have the power. On it's final run, I mixed my ingredients as usual, placed the bottle on the base unit, pressed down; then the base started whizzing out of control and some then a lot of smoke came out of the base unit. Once I unplugged it and moved it; there was black bits ( like eraser/rubber shavings ) under the base unit.

Save yourself the $$$ and headaches, skip this product
on August 7, 2015
Update: After a year of very occasional use (maybe 10-12 uses?) the bottle/lid lid broke clean across the top, for no discernible cause, rendering the blender useless. I always handwash the container and haven't mishandled. I guess just poor quality and can't take much stress.

It needs a little liquid to blend, so not the most powerful things ever. I have had it a couple of weeks and have made a green sauce, smoothies, and pina coladas for two in it. The drinks came out without any big ice chunks, but it is a bit tricky to get frozen drinks realllly thick. It is not messy to poor and adjust measurements, fast, small and compact. The size of the bottle can make a good size drink for one or two people. I don't usually drink out of the bottle because I don't like the sippy cup top. I wish the bottle was clear rather than colored so that you could get a better view of how things are blending inside. It can be a little tricky to clean for someone without a dishwasher as the bottle is long and skinny and hard to get a good scrub inside. For $20 bucks, can't be beat for price, speed, or convenience in terms of everyday use.
on September 1, 2015
I am enjoying this item, I am just one person and this is perfect for one person. It works good except if you put in any fruit that has skin like grapes the skin wraps on the blades and slows it down. That is why it didnt get 5 stars. I use frozen bag of fruit mix so there are usually a few grapes and that is my problem with this thing. Amazon had it 1.00 cheaper than Kroger.

Update, this item will no longer sit in the spin cycle without being held and the vibration to my hand is rough to hold it. This didnt last long and when I tried to replace it, the return/replace time had expired which I was not aware of so dont expect it to work well for long and its not really meant to blend much but liquids. The picture shows fruit and ice but the skins of the fruit will tangle on the blades and slow it to a stop.