Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,997 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,440 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 590 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on September 16, 2017
This blender has been a lifesaver. No more washing the giant blender every day just to make one serving for myself. It's easy to clean (recommended to use a bottle brush to clean this), and I'm really excited to not have to disassemble a glass blender to get to the blades at the bottom, which in the humidity that I live in, catches mold really quickly.

The only thing I'm noticing about this is when you blend, you push to blend, and let go to stop blending. You have to be careful of how you're holding the bottle when you push down because if you're even slightly pushing down on the bottle when you let go to stop blending, you risk stripping the connecting points. Other than that, I love the colors it came in! I got a green set for me, and an extra blue bottle for my husband!
on March 24, 2017
I bought this blender feeling a little skeptical because of the other reviews and pics people posted showing the blender mechanism messing up. I have used my blender 6 times now and ive had no problem yet. I have blended fresh fruit, frozen fruit, a mix of both..and have had no issues. I always put my ingredients and cup on the blender before i plug it in because lining both pieces up so it locks in place easily can take some finese sometimes. But it blends smooth and usually only takes about 40 seconds to completely blend whatever ive put in it. I like this blender...plus...its green :)
on April 23, 2015
WOW. I've been using this for 2 weeks, everyday...

HOW. My friends might ask. I get out of bed with barely enough time to take a shower, roll into some clothes & get to work. Breakfast has never been high on my priorities list & I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a morning person.

Then my nutritionist told me I gotta start eating breakfast :(

Well this takes like 2 minutes to make a smoothie to go. Really, it's crazy. All I do is add almond milk, frozen fruit, protein/maca/chia/other magic powders, put the blade on - hold for 10-15 seconds, untwist, rinse the blades, twist on the cap & run out the door. It's even the right size for the drink holder thing on the side of my purse.

Awesome... Really, really excellent. I recommend this for everyone. I guess I'm now a breakfast person!
on March 15, 2017
I ordered this blender to use when I am not at home. I was nervous to try this one as I use a ninja at home that chops up everything perfectly and cost me much more money than this one (of course that means it works better right?). Honestly, I don't even miss the ninja. This blender is much more quiet and works just as well, it just takes a few seconds longer! I make protein shakes twice a day using ice, protein powder, and water and have not had an issue with it yet! The only thing I would change is how thin the cup is, making it a tad difficult to clean but not too bad.
on June 23, 2017
This blender is just awesome. I make smoothies constantly and there is such little work/ cleanup involved. I read some reviews that complained about it the motor crapping it out, but I just don't see how that can happen unless you are over stressing it. I just toss everything I need in, give it a good shake, brief blend, take it off and give it another good shake, blend again and bam. Perfect smoothie to take on the go. The whole process takes just a few minutes for a perfect smoothie. Just make sure to rinse the bottle out soon after or it can be difficult to clean. I usually just make a smoothie to take to school and when I am done, I rinse it out thoroughly and use it as a water bottle for the rest of the day.
on April 7, 2016
I love this blender! It's so easy just put all you ingredients in the bottle put the blending lid on and start blending up your smoothie once done just switch lids and off you go! I make smoothies for me and my boyfriend and we love them! We either use kale or spinach and add a little lite yogurt, sometimes some milk if it's too thick and usually some frozen bananas and/or strawberries sometimes apples or mangoes or oranges just anything we think sounds good mixed in and they turn into some delicious super smoothies. I usually have to take them off the blender and shake the bottle a few times to get the fruits toward the bottom because of the narrowness of the bottle it's hard for it to pull it down to the blades which is not a big deal at all. For the price it works amazingly the quality of the blender and the cup is wonderful we've both dropped our cups several times and haven't cracked or busted the bottle yet. He did drop his and it just chipped a piece on the corner of the lid off (he's really hard on things) but it's still fully functional no leaks or any problems. This blender is so quick and easy and you don't have to dirty up an extra blender glass which I love since I hand wash all our dishes. I liked it so much that this is the second one I bought! It's such a great price! We've now got two bottles each so I can make one for the next day while we're still finishing up this days. I love using this blender! I'm very happy we got this and I'm sure my body thanks me as well!
on September 13, 2017
I make a frozen fruit smoothie every day with a Vitamix 5200. But I'm moving into a campervan and need a machine who's watts work with a yeti 400. I've been testing this Oster for a week now and it's been great. As with the Vitamix you need to place frozen items in order of easiest to hardest to blend. I love how theres one less thing to clean (which is great for being in a van with a limited water supply) because the container to mix is what you drink out of. And to wash I do a light rince and then close up the container with soapy water and shake. Being easy to clean is a huge plus!!!
on April 18, 2017
Update:

First blender malfunctioned and they sent me a replacement at no extra cost. Customer service was excellent. The replacement blender works fine.
______________________________________
Malfunctioning after 3 uses. Made the first 2 fruit smoothies on separate day fine and on the 3rd day tried to make a fruit smoothie and there was smoke coming from underneath and a burning smell, the rubber insider the part with the blade looks like it has come off, cannot open the bottle. I'm just confused right now, I have requested a replacement and will see how that works out I guess.