Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,945 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,377 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 554 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on May 15, 2017
Works wonderfully - until a few weeks after warranty runs out!
The part that connects the knife-piece to the engine-piece is made of softish, rubbery plastic. It seems designed to wear out! The blender costs 25$, that piece costs 17$!!!
Even though the rest is still in full working condition, most people might just throw this item away when it stops working after a year or two. What a waste of material!!!
on March 23, 2017
I enjoyed this product the first three times I was able to use it. I was hesitant to purchase it because of the reviews saying it overheated, but there were other reviews saying they had no problems so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, mine did overheat and became unusable. During the first use it was fine, but the second day it made a loud grinding noise and burning smell. I stopped it immediately, unplugged it, fiddled with the blades, and tried again. It worked. The third day it worked fine. The fourth day, as much as I took it apart and put it back together, and spoke sweetly to it, the spinner part burnt down to nothing and could not spin the blades. This was not because I kept it running. This happened over a matter of about one second. I opted for the full refund. My hopes we're high, but ultimately my smoothie dreams were shattered. Very disappointing...
on August 7, 2017
I love this thing. I've had it for several months now.

I love it so much in fact that I had to slow down using it. I was making so many smoothies that I realized I was eating about half of my daily calorie intake in smoothies! Not ideal, haha. I like how I can blend ice into anything and get a nice, smooth texture. I also like that I can pop off the container to shake it so that I can ensure that the ingredients are being well-blended.

Overall, definitely recommend this item, especially for the price.
on June 17, 2016
After using the older Oster model for years, the one I purchased three months ago has stopped working. The motor, base and cup assembly just don't function together at all. I'd read customer reviews and was careful not to overload it, run it too long, etc. This was for light duty only and it is a huge disappointment. Back to the food processor for breakfast smoothies until a more reliable, affordable choice appears.
on March 9, 2014
So far I have only good things to say about the Oster My Blend. I make a smoothie every morning which includes either frozen or fresh fruit, and it has no problem blending everything right up. I put the fluid in first, then powdered greens, and finally my fruit and anything else I might want to add. You do need to follow the directions and leave about 1/4 from the top empty for room to blend, and make sure you add enough fluid. Clean up is easy--just rinse the top with the blades right after use with some warm, soapy water. The sports bottle is the perfect size and also cleans easily--I use a bottle brush to make sure you get down into the bottom. The directions say the bottle and lids are dishwasher safe, but I haven't put them in it yet as it's so quick to just handwash. The Oster My Blend is extremely quick and easy to use--just align the markings on the bladed lid with the base and give it a slight turn to start the blending. By pressing down as you turn, you can blend hands free. Overall, I'm very pleased with this small blender. I had initially planned to purchase a NutriBullet, but really like the way other Oster products had performed in the past. Also, I like that you just keep your smoothie in the sports bottle and don't have to dirty/clean more dishes. I really think that with a price approximately 50% less than the NutriBullet, you can't go wrong buying the My Blend if you want a good, powerful personal blender with minimal attachments.
on February 24, 2016
Nine months of daily use and still going strong, this blender fits my needs like a glove. Every morn., rain or shine, I throw in some frozen fruit, almond milk, chia seeds and protein powder, give it a buzz and BAM! one portable drink for the car is ready!
I got a spare cup since I kept leaving one at work, then my youngest threw out the lid of one so I got another one, then my youngest (again) dropped one (they don't bounce btw) and so I got one more...so you might expect to get extra cups here and there. Blender itself is a MACHINE though, really impressed and especially if you consider the price compared to some of the more "vogue" ones out there.
on November 5, 2015
After having it only a couple weeks it started smelling funny dieing a use and the blades stopped spinning. Customer service was great about returning and I recorded a new one in only a few days. Apparently type not supposed to use it for more than a couple ice cubes and type supposed to let the ice sit for 5 minutes at room temp first. Thought the idea of the product was convenience. I was using this for meal replacement shakes (7 cubes plus liquid) and it smells like burning after every use just like it did when the forest one stopped working. Just waiting for it to break on me!
on August 21, 2017
i love this blender. i was skeptical about a single-serve one at first, but realistically, it's all i ever need. There's no post-smoothie regret from staring at a pile of sloppy blades and lids. You just blend in the cup and put on the lid. The base is small enough to tuck away on the counter or unplug and put in a cabinet. No issues with the motor, i blend ice regularly with no complaint. i was worried it would work great and then fizzle out but i've been using it for a couple months and its still fantastic.