BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 609 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
2929 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2015
Just got mine today!! I made a smoothie out of Frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, milk, yogurt, Greek kale and frozen pineapples! No ice needed! Yummmm
review image
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2017
Works great. No problem. If you expect this to work like a full size, full power blender then don't buy this blender, but if you want to make single serve smoothies, fruit drinks, or bulletproof coffee, this blender is perfect. Don't be a tool and spend 4 or 5 times the price. Its a blender. It blends. Don't believe some brands marketing hype to part you with your money. And Oster has been blending for ages, even if this is now made overseas- I think they all are.
So quick looking, this is the best deal you will find, and a 90 dollar bullet shaped blender wont make your smoothie taste any better.
on October 16, 2017
This blender, though convenient, will NOT withstand much ice. I had to go back and read the description again and I think it is deceiving. We have had ours a couple of months and do not use it daily and the motor started to smoke. The shape of the bottle lends itself to things getting stuck on the top, and then while waiting for it to blend the motor overheats. I give it three stars because it is a bargain for what it does do, you just have to recognize its limits. We bought a more powerful blender, which is what we needed.
on May 16, 2017
The blender was delivered December 30th. I was using it to make smoothies in the morning with milk, protein powder, and frozen fruits (no ice). I wasn't using it every day of the week- 3 days on average. I tried making my smoothie this morning and it started smoking. It's been less than 5 months and it stopped working. I know it's cheap and I wasn't expecting much that's why I never put any ice into it but I was hoping to work at least a year.
on March 18, 2017
Like others here, I bought two of these units. I love the ease of use and taking my bottles to work for breakfast and lunch.

However, both units had the mechanism that grips the blade wear down within a month. I make four smoothies each morning (2 for both my husband and I) and neither unit lasted long.

It's packaged and designed perfectly for people who drink smoothies every day. The construction quality and materials just don't live up to that kind of use.
on March 24, 2017
I bought this blender feeling a little skeptical because of the other reviews and pics people posted showing the blender mechanism messing up. I have used my blender 6 times now and ive had no problem yet. I have blended fresh fruit, frozen fruit, a mix of both..and have had no issues. I always put my ingredients and cup on the blender before i plug it in because lining both pieces up so it locks in place easily can take some finese sometimes. But it blends smooth and usually only takes about 40 seconds to completely blend whatever ive put in it. I like this blender...plus...its green :)
on April 26, 2015
edit: it has been a few months now and the blade has completely worn down and there is no replacement parts on amazon and I could not find them anywhere else. I tried Oster's customer service but they could not find replacement parts for model # BLSTPB-WBL My Blend 250-Watt Blender.

I suppose they expect you to just buy a new one when the blade wears out because it is so cheap? Sorry, I'd rather spend a few more dollars on one that I can keep for awhile and replace parts as needed...not just throwing it into a landfill every few months.