Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,887 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,310 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 507 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2017
I love this little blender. I purchased it for use in my camper van because I love getting extra healthy fruits and veggies in via smoothie. The simplicity and compact size of this blender is what won me over and it has proven to be a solid choice. It has enough power to blend fully frozen fruits with ease; I have not tried anything using ice but I imagine it would have a similar result - a smooth and fine puree. There is only one button - pulse - so I have to exact control over the process but that's fine with me. I don't need a big base with lots of fancy features, just a simple low wattage blender that easily blends frozen fruits and seems like it will stand the test of time. To boot it's fairly easy to clean - just don't leave the rubber/plastic top covered with smoothie for too long or it may dry into some hard-to-reach crevices.

This has been a great addition to my van and added lots of easy and accessible calories to my diet. Hooray!
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on June 24, 2017
I bought this blender 3 months ago exclusively for my morning protein smoothies. I didn't want the hassle of having to wash out my Ninja blender in the mornings for a single portion so I thought this would be perfect. I wanted to wait a few months before giving a review to be fair. I bought this blender due to the good reviews,the price, and the hands free option as i don't want to hold it down unti done. I found the blender works really well and super fast. I was truly suprises how well it crushed the ice leaving no chunks at all. Honestly it does a better job than my Ninja. It leaves a great smooth consistency. That being said there were a couple negatives. It was only the 2nd time I used the blender and I had not realized it had already thoroughly blended my shake when it started to smoke. I had read this in other reviews but in my case it was more user error not knowing yet just how fast it blends and crushes so pay attention when using this blender. The smoke was concerning though as it only took a couple of minutes for that to happen. Another disappointment was after only a couple of months the hands free feature no longer works. I now have to hold it down. Yes it works quickly but I bought this blender specifically because it would allow me to save time not holding it down to blend. I was going to buy this for my son also as a gift since I had liked it so much but now I wont. It makes me wonder how long this blender will ultimately last which is why I gave this blender a 3 star rating rather than the 5 star I would've given it.
on September 22, 2015
Stopped working after one use. The base spins but it doesn't catch on the cup to spin the blade. In process of contacting amazon for a replacement. Will update with the next one.
UPDATE: Received replacement, it didn't even work for one use. The bottom part was spinning but it wasn't catching the rungs to actually spin the blade. It even was smoking and smelled like burned rubber. Black pieces started flying out the bottom. Will be returning immediately and will be searching for a different product.
on March 23, 2016
This amazing piece of gadgetry has enabled me to make my morning routine much more efficient. It is excellent. It was recommended to me over a year ago and I wish I had paid attention sooner. It takes far less hassle to use and clean than a standard sized blender. Also, the container size and shape is perfect for me. The lid closes securely and is designed in a way that residue will not fall from it onto my (corporate) clothing, such as white blouses, as did the Blender bottle that I used to use for my daily smoothies. One minor negative thing is that there are no discernible measurement markings on the bottle, but I can live without that. I bought another container in case of days that I may have a container soaking before I wash it, which has proven to be very useful.
on January 28, 2016
I bought this a few months ago to keep at work to make smoothies. I used it 5-6x and today the motor actually started smoking!!! It is officially out of commission and no longer returnable!!!! I simply used it with ice, protein powder, almond milk and a banana!!!! SOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
on July 13, 2017
For this price range, this personal blender packs a pretty decent punch! If you are looking for a simple blender to make your daily smoothies, this blender works really well. I put it to the test using frozen fruits, ice, seeds and nut butters, and it did an amazing job blending each of those items. As long as I added enough liquid, I had no problems.
The blender base and cup are very easy to store and clean - HUGE PLUS when you live in a small space.
I really like the fact that I'm able to blend and go. The cover could have been designed a little better (it seems to leave a slight "ring" around the lip after you sip, and you have to be extra careful it is closed securely), but for the price, I am completely satisfied with this product.
on July 15, 2016
I don't write reviews.... Who has time with the number of items I order from Amazon, but I had to write a review of this Oster blender. I LOVE it. I make a couple of smoothies a day and it is awesome. I was going to get one more expensive and then I read the reviews on this one. Wasn't a lot of money so if I was disappointed, no big deal. The power is great. My granddaughter used it also and ended up buying her own for at home. (She bought pink).
Best money I ever spent.
review image
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
2929 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse