Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 625 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2015
Just got mine today!! I made a smoothie out of Frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, milk, yogurt, Greek kale and frozen pineapples! No ice needed! Yummmm
review image
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2017
I bought this blender feeling a little skeptical because of the other reviews and pics people posted showing the blender mechanism messing up. I have used my blender 6 times now and ive had no problem yet. I have blended fresh fruit, frozen fruit, a mix of both..and have had no issues. I always put my ingredients and cup on the blender before i plug it in because lining both pieces up so it locks in place easily can take some finese sometimes. But it blends smooth and usually only takes about 40 seconds to completely blend whatever ive put in it. I like this blender...plus...its green :)
on November 22, 2017
This blender does a great job of grinding up ice and frozen fruit. I have the occasional tiny bit of ice in my drinks. I've had full-size, pricier blenders not work as well as this item does. It loses one star as I can't really get my hand into the bottle to clean it, so there's a lot of shaking with soap and soaking. I really need to get a bottle brush to properly clean this item.
on June 30, 2017
This thing is a champ. I have used it at least once daily since purchase (approx 6 months) and it is still going strong. The base has nice grips on it and the push-to-blend feature is nice. Although it slips sometimes, it is still a nice function to have. The bottle can be difficult to clean by hand, but does well in the dishwasher. I have yet to experience and warping or other similar issues from the heat int he dishwasher. All in all, this is a great purchase if you are in the market.
on June 24, 2016
I'm very happy with this blender! I have used it every morning for the past 9 days to make my protein smoothies. The size of the the bottle (20oz) is more than adequate for plenty of liquid, vegetables and fruit. The size of the blender unit takes up very little space on my kitchen counter and all the parts are quick and easy to clean. Don't forget to read your instruction manual first, but have no fear because it is simple to operate. I have blended ice cubes and frozen fruit with no problem. I put the liquid in first (almond milk) and I cut the fruit and veg into bite size pieces. I then blend for 15 seconds, remove and shake and then blend another 15-30 seconds. The result is a smooth and creamy consistency. The travel lid is great and doesn't leak a bit. After i drink my smoothie, i use the bottle to drink water out of the rest of the day whether at work or home. I recommend a bottle brush for cleaning because a sponge and my hand could not get to the bottom of it. I was so pleased with its performance that i purchased another one for my daughter. This blender has been a great value for the price and i look forward to many more smoothies!!!
on November 14, 2017
For $15, you can't go wrong. I purchased another brand in the upper 20's and it was good until the blade assembly came apart in the dishwasher. Most of these blenders do not have replacement parts readily available. The orange color was on sale, so I bought one. It blends my protein shake for breakfast. I bought a second as backup. I need it every morning.
on October 29, 2015
This blender started strong and impressed us, but only lasted about 45 days. After 45 days the bottom of the blade attachment started to wear away (its made of hard plastic) which makes it impossible to blend a drink. We were forced to press down hard to get the teeth to fit which in turn put pressure on the motor which led to a strong burning smell. My wife and I both make about 2-3 drinks a day containing yogurt, protein powder, chai, oats, frozen berries, soy milk, all normal ingredients for smoothies. Going to be returning and upgrading to something else.
on September 22, 2015
Chronicles of my blender experience:

I've owned a blender for as long as I can remember. I love smoothies and shakes. And I tend to cling to a blender when I've gorged on food 9 times too many and need to focus on clean eating for a while (i.e. diet). I've always had a giant one enough to make smoothies for 4-6 as it's used for the family. It's always been a hassle to clean around the blade. And taking a smoothie with me requires an extra step of pouring it into another bottle. If I just want to make a small smoothie for myself, it seemed like a lot of work. So I bought another individual small blenders a few years ago. The product was so underwhelming that I forgot the brand. It looked like my big blender but miniature size and I can make an individual smoothie with it. It died on me within a few months. I then went try the BlenderBottle, which was a craze at the time and I see everyone with one. Personally, I didn't like it. It's just a plastic bottle with a metal ball. The bottle wasn't high quality and always felt flimsy to me. The metal ball was no magic ball and didn't do anything in terms of blending. Even a simple powder and almond milk tasted super clumpy. So in a week, it was demoted to obscurity... I don't even remember where it went. Maybe storage in the garage.

I've went back to my big blender since then but don't use it as much as I want to. I recently stumbled upon this blender and decided to purchase.
I've had this blender for about 10 days so far and now can't see myself without it. It's super convenient and perfect for those needing a smoothie or shake on the go. And the blade is small and easy to clean. It takes me a few minutes to make a smoothie and I'm out the door.It's also the perfect blender for one. I like that there are individual bottles for sale so the whole family can have individual bottles to use. Since I received mine, I've been using it to make a smoothie right before I head out the door. It's also perfect for going to the gym. I like the shape of this as it's thin and tall and saves me space on the kitchen counter. It sits nicely nice to my giant blender and doesn't take up much space. The bottle also looks durable and easy to carry around. Highly recommended!