Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,896 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,320 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 520 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on July 13, 2017
For this price range, this personal blender packs a pretty decent punch! If you are looking for a simple blender to make your daily smoothies, this blender works really well. I put it to the test using frozen fruits, ice, seeds and nut butters, and it did an amazing job blending each of those items. As long as I added enough liquid, I had no problems.
The blender base and cup are very easy to store and clean - HUGE PLUS when you live in a small space.
I really like the fact that I'm able to blend and go. The cover could have been designed a little better (it seems to leave a slight "ring" around the lip after you sip, and you have to be extra careful it is closed securely), but for the price, I am completely satisfied with this product.
on July 15, 2016
I don't write reviews.... Who has time with the number of items I order from Amazon, but I had to write a review of this Oster blender. I LOVE it. I make a couple of smoothies a day and it is awesome. I was going to get one more expensive and then I read the reviews on this one. Wasn't a lot of money so if I was disappointed, no big deal. The power is great. My granddaughter used it also and ended up buying her own for at home. (She bought pink).
Best money I ever spent.
review image
on July 14, 2015
I purchased this blender for traveling purposes. I will be traveling around Europe and not sure how accessible a blender for morning smoothies will be. It was a little heavier and just a tad heavier than what I was hoping for but it's still portable enough to be carried in my luggage it's about 3lbs. I love how the cup is used for both blending and taking it on the go. It simple an easy to use . I used it to make to make a few smoothies to see what I was working with everything seems to work fine. I will admit that I
am a little hesitant to use frozen fruit or ice. The blades seem to be delicate and there is a smoky smell that it leaves behind after blending. Doesn't seem like it can blend extremely frozen fruit without breaking. I will usage my review after using it for a longer period .

Edited review: as I mentioned in my first review I had purchased this for a trip to Europe well I was able to use it maybe 3 times before the blender went out. The motor part started making this loud noise then I could see sparks and then smoke ... Ended up returning the blender when I got back.
on April 1, 2016
New Review: I ordered the orange blender and so far I have made smoothies with frozen berries, yogurt, ice, soymilk, etc. as well as banana shakes with milk, ice and vanilla. The frozen berries / yogurt blend comes out nice and thick, like a proper milkshake, though the motor has choked a couple of times on the frozen berry clumps.

I have made small, single-serve smoothies, never filling this bottle to capacity -- The smoothie blends thoroughly in about 20 to 30 seconds. This seems to work better than the old larger glass blenders I've used previously. I do wish that I had an option for a clear glass container, as seeing the smoothie I'm mixing provides information about the fruit-to-yogurt ratio and flavor, while I'm experimenting with recipes. Overall, this little machine does exactly what I need, and provided it lasts a few years, it will be a great bargain. I will update this review in the event of problems arising.

First review: The blender appears to be just what I was hoping for, except that the base is larger than I was expecting. Unfortunately, the unit I received had been used. There were dirty fingerprints on base and water spots covering the interior of the cup. I will update this review when I receive the new unit I just re-ordered.

My favorite recipe: 1 cup frozen (organic, unsweetened) whole strawberries; 1/4 cup soymilk; 1 Tablespoon honey (raw, organic); 2 to 3 drops of vanilla extract; 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt. *Mix the honey in a Tablespoon of warm or room-temperature water before adding it to the mix, so that it dissolves and blends throughout the smoothie. Blend for about 30 seconds and enjoy a healthful slush. **Add 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream for a "strawberry ice cream" flavor. :)
on March 5, 2016
I've had it for exactly one month and it worked perfectly. Then literally on the 31st day (the day after the deadline for return), it stopped working in the middle of me making a smoothie. Tried over and over again to fix the problem but it was simply a case where the bottom spinner had rubbed out and could no longer turn the blades. It's disappointing.
on March 28, 2015
If you are just using this to mix a protein shake it will be fine, but not so much for smoothies. I have been using this for over a month now and have not been impressed. It is fine if just mixing a banana with some milk and protein powder, but if you want a thick smoothie, it struggles. It does not have enough power to mix a thick smoothie with berries. I use Blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, and banana’s and the banana's are not an issue, but all the other berries are. The blender is quite noisy and the lid on the to go cup does not lock sealed, so is fine if you are carrying it, but you could not throw this in a back pack.

I think a blender, with a good to go cup, which locks shut would be a better way to go.
on September 16, 2015
Got it today and tested it out. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! McDonald's Frappe worshiper has converted! Bought the mocha mix at Costco for $10 (Frappe Freeze, 40 serving). Even a double serving (to fill bottle) costs me over HALF what I'd spend at McDonald's (not to mention the gas!)! Bought my mom one a few minutes ago! Got 4 stars due to no on/off button (locking and turning to blend can be kind of tricky) and it's kind of loud.

EDIT: replaced machine due to smoking and not blending. Appears that 'prongs' disenigrate. Since return was past date, I'm out of $20 ($40 since I bought 2 and they both broke). Trying a different brand!
on June 17, 2017
My mom's blender exploded an I'd thought I'd buy her a new one. She only uses it for smoothies so I went for a personal blender but was overwhelmed with the options. I wanted something under $50, but the problem is there's no clear cut "best" blender based solely off reviews ratings (except in the $100+ option). The more expensive units don't necessarily have higher ratings, and I didn't want to pay more for something that's not going to last any more than the cheaper ones. I settled on this one and it was a good choice. Blends frozen berries well and with a very smooth consistency. She doesn't use ice in hers. I've read reviews that it's common for most personal blenders to burn up (smoke) if overworked (ice) so I bought the 4year warranty for $5. Paying 20 bucks for a blender that actually lasts 4 years is a great bargain these days when nothing is made very well, regardless of the price - so I'm happy. She loves the bottle, replacement bottles are affordable, blender is easy to use and intuitive, small & doesn't take up tons of counter space.