Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 666 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
0Comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 7, 2015
Just got mine today!! I made a smoothie out of Frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, milk, yogurt, Greek kale and frozen pineapples! No ice needed! Yummmm
review image
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 29, 2016
Love this! It's so easy and convenient when I am in a rush in the morning but need to have my protein shake. I also put some ice water and powdered juice packets (crystal light) and make almost like a slush to take with me to the gym.
The only "con" I can say about this product is that it doesn't have measurements on the cup. I have to use a separate measuring cup when making my protein shake.
on September 20, 2016
Great product if the plastic seals didnt fall out of the water bottles and then never go back the same and constantly leak or even come out while mixing and getting tangled in blender. Other than that great just fix the seal rings from falling out
on June 24, 2017
I love this blender, and you really can't beat the price. I was about to buy a name brand one when I saw this one while shopping on Amazon and I'm so glad I did. I make smoothies with it all the time and they always turn out well blended with no big chunks (I can't stand having chunks in my smoothie). The only problem I really have with it is that the separate lid it has for taking the bottle places either doesn't have an air hole or it's not big enough to be effective. So I just pour my smoothie into a travel mug instead of taking the blender bottle, but it's really not a big deal. If/When this blender breaks, I'm definitely going to buy another.
on March 13, 2015
I use this for my green smoothies, which has:

Spinach
Pineapple
Strawberries
1 banana
1/4 C orange juice or almond milk

Really easy to add the ingredients and it amazingly pulses through amazing despite its little size! Just one tip, let all the liquid accumulate at the bottom before blending. It'll make the blenders job much easier, that way you don't have to take it off and give it a couple of shakes.

When I first tried it, I had a little difficulty trying to get it to start. The directions say to match the arrows, push down and turn clockwise. I must have done this a few times before the blender actually started. But after a couple of uses it was easy to use.

The travel cup is amazing. I wish the spout was a little bigger; sometimes I catch myself sucking the bottle like an infant since the opening is so small (in my opinion). The lid closes perfectly and doesn't spill.

Recommended for blender junkies like me :)
on July 4, 2016
I have been using this blender 6-7 days a week and it has been working well. I use this blender to make protein shakes and it blends the ice well, occasionally there will be a piece of ice left but does well for the price. As others noted the top should be re-designed. I would recommend this product.
on October 11, 2017
Nice way to make a smoothie on the go for one without having to clean an entire blender. It will still leave chunks of larger pieces and ice, but it works for me perfectly. You put in your ingredients, blend, then drink 'n go. Now if i could remember to pick up ingredients when im getting groceries.
on November 26, 2017
For the price, it gets the job done. The blade is not very sharp. The shape of the bottle makes it difficult to blend everything without having to shake the ingredients to flow down half way through. It also stars to emit a burning smell after a strenuous blend. But for $25, it's worth dealing with. It's super convenient to not have to transfer smoothies into a different container.