Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
784 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
208 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2017
This is just what I needed! It was pretty annoying having to use and then clean a full sized blender when I was only making a single portion of smoothie. This takes up significantly less space and makes making a single serving a breeze. It doesn't have any buttons, all you do is line it up, and then twist to make it blend, so you do need to be holding it while it blends. Since you're making so little though, it's not really annoying at all. I love being able to twist, blend, take it off the blender, shake it a few times and then put it back on, lets me get a nice even blend.
I've read all the reviews here, and it seems like the best way to increase the lifespan of this blender is to realize its limits. It's not going to make super thick, milkshake consistency smoothies. It probably won't be able to handle huge chunks of frozen fruit. But if you give it a break and cut your fruit pretty small before freezing it, then it blends perfectly. I slice my bananas pretty thin and then freeze them, maybe just half inch slices or so- and it handles them with no issues. But I think a whole frozen strawberry would be too much for it.
Another thing I read in the reviews is to never let it run too long at once. If you take my advice and make your frozen fruit thin and easy to handle, this won't be an issue. But if you use huge chunks and keep it running it will burn out this poor little blender pretty dang fast. It's a small blender with a small engine, be easy on it.
Another thing I read is that it's best to, when done blending, unplug the machine before taking the cup off the blending engine. So you put it on the blender, twist, let it blend, unplug, take it off the blender. This means the engine isn't fighting you to keep the blades spinning, giving it a little more lifespan.
It's a blender, so it makes blender noises, but I don't consider it loud. Since it blends pretty fast (if you take my advice above) it shouldn't bother anyone in the morning. And if you have multiple people who like smoothies, you can buy multiple cups (in multiple colors!) so everyone can have their own. That's amazing. They don't have to clean out a huge clunky blender container just so they can have whatever smoothie THEY want.
Personally, I don't drink from the cup lid supplied, I just take it off and sip, or use a straw. It's mostly there to keep everything in. And the picture is a little weird, the lid goes where the blades are, so the bottle itself only has one opening. Don't know why they have the lid on top like that.
Overall, it's a great little blender. Would recommend if you have kids and you want them to eat healthier. It's pretty safe, since you can't reach your hand into the blades while it's blending. Teach them the limits of the machine and it'll work great for them.
My go to smoothie is frozen banana, almond milk, peanut butter and cocoa powder. Makes a nice, slightly sweet but not too sweet smoothie that rounds out at about 300 calories at most. Gives you things like potassium, iron, and protein, so it's a nice beginner smoothie for people who aren't a huge fan of fruit, like myself.
If this blender dies on me, I'll get back to you with how long it lasted with the measures I have taken. Hope this review was useful to someone!
17 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2017
I love this little blender. I purchased it for use in my camper van because I love getting extra healthy fruits and veggies in via smoothie. The simplicity and compact size of this blender is what won me over and it has proven to be a solid choice. It has enough power to blend fully frozen fruits with ease; I have not tried anything using ice but I imagine it would have a similar result - a smooth and fine puree. There is only one button - pulse - so I have to exact control over the process but that's fine with me. I don't need a big base with lots of fancy features, just a simple low wattage blender that easily blends frozen fruits and seems like it will stand the test of time. To boot it's fairly easy to clean - just don't leave the rubber/plastic top covered with smoothie for too long or it may dry into some hard-to-reach crevices.

This has been a great addition to my van and added lots of easy and accessible calories to my diet. Hooray!
12 people found this helpful
on September 4, 2017
Works pretty well, but frustrated because I saw it at King Soopers today for $14.99...just got mine on Saturday.
review image
12 people found this helpful
on January 17, 2018
This little blender works pretty good. It’s a little on the weak side, so don’t expect it to blend a lot of ice without some issues. However, with enough loose liquids, it should work just fine. I have used this blender everyday for the past 3ish months that I’ve had it. It still works just like when I got it out of the box. Be sure and read the instructions on the order of ingredient placement. It definitely helps to get a better blend if you do, and is probably easier on the motor/blades. It’s not as noisy as I expected, but it still makes quite a bit of noise (it is a blender for goodness sake). Overall this has been a great purchase!
7 people found this helpful
on May 16, 2017
The blender was delivered December 30th. I was using it to make smoothies in the morning with milk, protein powder, and frozen fruits (no ice). I wasn't using it every day of the week- 3 days on average. I tried making my smoothie this morning and it started smoking. It's been less than 5 months and it stopped working. I know it's cheap and I wasn't expecting much that's why I never put any ice into it but I was hoping to work at least a year.
9 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2016
I give it 4 stars because I just got it and used it once. I don't add a lot of things in my smoothie, just juice, powder, fruit (not even ice). Fair disclosure, I can't speak to how it does with ice and other stuff. One thing in terms of functionality you place the bottle to the bottom part (the machine part is what I mean), turn and it (like you are twisting on a cap), then automatically starts once you twist it in. So there is NO BUTTON. So unless you are ready to turn it on, make sure you are ready to use it. Just something to make you aware. This is different functionality. Also, it has the arrow from the bottle with an arrow on the blender part to indicate to line the two up. MAKE SURE TO LINE UP THE TWO ARROWS before you TWIST the bottle to the blender part. Because it will start the minute you twist it on. Other reviewers complained about this. I didn't have any problems, but I can see if you are not paying attention to LINE UP THE ARROWS, as you TWIST it into the bottom, and if it is not all the way in, sure it can be problematic. And mess up. Yeah.

So far, it's sleek design, colorful (picked the orange one), and fits on my kitchen counters without taking up too much space. I like the blender is a bottle, can twist of the blades part and add top, then go. I like that.

Once I use it for longer, I will update the report.
8 people found this helpful
on July 14, 2016
This is really good with ice! I was kind of iffy when people said that they smelt smoke while using this. I put about ice in about half of bottle for my protein shakes and it is fantastic. I do kind of count and try not to go over 30 seconds when blending, but that is not necessary at all because it is done blending with in 10 seconds! I would definitely rebuy this. It sits on my very small counter and takes up about a 5'' square which is great. I added a photo of what I usually put in and it blends the ice, strawberries, water, and protein powder in about 10 seconds (after taking the picture I added ice into the remainder of space In the cup). Also, I did use this with food, just to see if it would work with my cooking to keep me from having to chop so small. This was great with chopping food for cooking! If you add a little water it actually purées the food which would be great for babies when they are starting to have textures like apple sauce and you want to make your own at home mixture! This is perfect.
review image
23 people found this helpful
on September 28, 2017
Blender Hunt

Being a busy college student, I knew that I needed a blender that was going to fit into my lifestyle. Between classes, club meetings, and working it is often hard to find time to eat. I knew I needed a blender that was dishwasher safe, durable, easy to use, and portable. I did plenty of research, read reviews on different products, and decided that the Oyster My Blend was the perfect blender for me.

About My Blend

The Oyster My Blend is offered in a variety of colors and has a recipe book included in the manual. The bottle is made up of a durable, BPA-free plastic that can withstand the wear and tear of being carried around day in and day out; it is also dishwasher safe. It is operated with a motor that, if overheated, has a built-in fuse for automatic revival. It comes with the opportunity to purchase a two or three-year warranty in case of breakdowns or malfunctions. This is a great option for active children and adults who are especially hard on their water bottles. The Oyster company offers the option to purchase additional bottles that are compatible with the base of the blender, so you never run out of clean bottles.

How to Use

To use this bottle is quite easy. Simply fill the portable bottle with your desired mix-ins. I use a variety of foods such as frozen fruit, yogurt, vegetables, or juice. Next, screw on the bladed lid, line up the arrows on the lid and base, and blend away. Lastly, just twist of the bladed lid, give it a quick rinse, and screw on the portable cap. Toss it in a bag, or carry it around; whatever you decide, the portable size is flexible for any lifestyle. Follow those easy steps and you are ready to take on the day.

Why to Buy

The Oyster My Blend is a great option for the on-the-go consumer or even just for those with a love of smoothies. I use this product three to four times a week and am extremely happy with this purchase. It is incredibly easy to use and the perfect size for my breakfast. I have even tried a few of the recipes that were included in the manual and they were delicious. Thanks to the leak-proof lid, it can easily double as a water bottle when I am going to the gym. Overall, the Oyster My Blend is the perfect blender for those with a busy lifestyle, such as myself. If you are considering purchasing a portable blender, this product will not disappoint.
5 people found this helpful