Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,003 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,450 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 592 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2017
This blender has been a lifesaver. No more washing the giant blender every day just to make one serving for myself. It's easy to clean (recommended to use a bottle brush to clean this), and I'm really excited to not have to disassemble a glass blender to get to the blades at the bottom, which in the humidity that I live in, catches mold really quickly.

The only thing I'm noticing about this is when you blend, you push to blend, and let go to stop blending. You have to be careful of how you're holding the bottle when you push down because if you're even slightly pushing down on the bottle when you let go to stop blending, you risk stripping the connecting points. Other than that, I love the colors it came in! I got a green set for me, and an extra blue bottle for my husband!
on March 24, 2017
I bought this blender feeling a little skeptical because of the other reviews and pics people posted showing the blender mechanism messing up. I have used my blender 6 times now and ive had no problem yet. I have blended fresh fruit, frozen fruit, a mix of both..and have had no issues. I always put my ingredients and cup on the blender before i plug it in because lining both pieces up so it locks in place easily can take some finese sometimes. But it blends smooth and usually only takes about 40 seconds to completely blend whatever ive put in it. I like this blender...plus...its green :)
on April 23, 2015
WOW. I've been using this for 2 weeks, everyday...

HOW. My friends might ask. I get out of bed with barely enough time to take a shower, roll into some clothes & get to work. Breakfast has never been high on my priorities list & I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a morning person.

Then my nutritionist told me I gotta start eating breakfast :(

Well this takes like 2 minutes to make a smoothie to go. Really, it's crazy. All I do is add almond milk, frozen fruit, protein/maca/chia/other magic powders, put the blade on - hold for 10-15 seconds, untwist, rinse the blades, twist on the cap & run out the door. It's even the right size for the drink holder thing on the side of my purse.

Awesome... Really, really excellent. I recommend this for everyone. I guess I'm now a breakfast person!
on August 4, 2014
Not dishwasher safe! I bought this with a spare bottle. Both of the bottles have deformed in the dishwasher. The plastic must melt at a very low temperature... just slightly above the temperature that a dishwasher runs at. Also, the little rubber washer in the lid of one of the bottles came out and won't seat back into the notch where it goes. It's almost like the rubber washer has grown slightly so it's now too big to fit. I really like the design but, as is true so often these days, a great design is ruined by awful manufacturing. I would steer clear of this unless you will always hand wash the bottles.
on June 1, 2016
I bought this one because I only use blenders for making smoothies, and I find traditional blenders to be too loud and too big for my needs. This blender is exactly what I needed for my purposes. A traditional blender would fling everything to the sides of the pitcher, creating an uneven blend and chunks of ice, but the Oster quickly blends through everything I need it to, like ice and frozen fruit, keeping it contained in the bottle I drink out of. No cleaning! The price is a steal, especially because the bottle alone could easily sell for $10 as a daily use water bottle.

One thing to keep in mind is that the blender will struggle with very thick smoothies, so be sure to put in an adequate amount of liquid every time. The Oster will still easily make creamy smoothies with a nice thickness, but I can see it burning out if you constantly push it to make borderline-sorbets. For example, I think the blender would get through some frozen berries, a banana and ice, but it would be really hard on it and produce an ice cream-like smoothie and probably be hard on the motor; I find I have to keep almond milk or orange juice on hand to loosen everything up. Still, I'm very happy with my blender and even found an extra bottle at Target (the bottles are good quality too).
on September 12, 2017
I can't believe the price on this! I love making smoothies with this. Easy to use and clean and is pretty powerful. I just make basic smoothies with soy milk and frozen fruit or no frozen fruit or ice. I don't have much counter space in my apartment so the size of this perfect. I did buy the warranty for a few bucks more ... why not. But so far it's working great.
on March 24, 2015
Only had this for a few days but I love it so far. Makes my breakfast smoothies much faster than my traditional blender and my immersion blender. Less mess because all you do is take off the blades and attach the lid instead of transferring the contents from the blender to a cup. This sport bottle fits in my car cup holders easily. I haven't had a problem with it not chopping the frozen fruit I use completely, it's pretty powerful. I suppose if the there wasn't enough liquid it might not chop everything completely. But since I use almond milk I haven't had a problem.
on April 26, 2015
edit: it has been a few months now and the blade has completely worn down and there is no replacement parts on amazon and I could not find them anywhere else. I tried Oster's customer service but they could not find replacement parts for model # BLSTPB-WBL My Blend 250-Watt Blender.

I suppose they expect you to just buy a new one when the blade wears out because it is so cheap? Sorry, I'd rather spend a few more dollars on one that I can keep for awhile and replace parts as needed...not just throwing it into a landfill every few months.