Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,849 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,268 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 459 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on June 30, 2016
Only used twice, and the bottom looks like melting and It smelled like burning plastic.
review image review image
on June 21, 2015
This is possibly the worst blender that I have ever bought. After less than a week of using it, the rotational bottom no longer catches the blade. So essentially, the engine would be spinning, but the blade would remain stationary. This is under a week. I can't imagine how this product remains popular on amazon.
on May 10, 2017
Not great. But, it's cheap. If we wanted Nutribullet quality we woulda got that. Wife just needed a blender for mornings before work. She says it doesn't work well. You have to put the frozen fruit mixes in a few pieces at a time or else it gets stuck and doesn't blend it all up. Fresh fruit would maybe work better but the frozen mixes you add juice to (like what you get from Walmart) doesn't work great. Works okay but requires a little work, not great for busy mornings trying to rush out to work with the kids.
on September 22, 2015
Stopped working after one use. The base spins but it doesn't catch on the cup to spin the blade. In process of contacting amazon for a replacement. Will update with the next one.
UPDATE: Received replacement, it didn't even work for one use. The bottom part was spinning but it wasn't catching the rungs to actually spin the blade. It even was smoking and smelled like burned rubber. Black pieces started flying out the bottom. Will be returning immediately and will be searching for a different product.
on June 24, 2017
I bought this blender 3 months ago exclusively for my morning protein smoothies. I didn't want the hassle of having to wash out my Ninja blender in the mornings for a single portion so I thought this would be perfect. I wanted to wait a few months before giving a review to be fair. I bought this blender due to the good reviews,the price, and the hands free option as i don't want to hold it down unti done. I found the blender works really well and super fast. I was truly suprises how well it crushed the ice leaving no chunks at all. Honestly it does a better job than my Ninja. It leaves a great smooth consistency. That being said there were a couple negatives. It was only the 2nd time I used the blender and I had not realized it had already thoroughly blended my shake when it started to smoke. I had read this in other reviews but in my case it was more user error not knowing yet just how fast it blends and crushes so pay attention when using this blender. The smoke was concerning though as it only took a couple of minutes for that to happen. Another disappointment was after only a couple of months the hands free feature no longer works. I now have to hold it down. Yes it works quickly but I bought this blender specifically because it would allow me to save time not holding it down to blend. I was going to buy this for my son also as a gift since I had liked it so much but now I wont. It makes me wonder how long this blender will ultimately last which is why I gave this blender a 3 star rating rather than the 5 star I would've given it.
on June 12, 2017
I love this little blender. I purchased it for use in my camper van because I love getting extra healthy fruits and veggies in via smoothie. The simplicity and compact size of this blender is what won me over and it has proven to be a solid choice. It has enough power to blend fully frozen fruits with ease; I have not tried anything using ice but I imagine it would have a similar result - a smooth and fine puree. There is only one button - pulse - so I have to exact control over the process but that's fine with me. I don't need a big base with lots of fancy features, just a simple low wattage blender that easily blends frozen fruits and seems like it will stand the test of time. To boot it's fairly easy to clean - just don't leave the rubber/plastic top covered with smoothie for too long or it may dry into some hard-to-reach crevices.

This has been a great addition to my van and added lots of easy and accessible calories to my diet. Hooray!
on April 1, 2016
New Review: I ordered the orange blender and so far I have made smoothies with frozen berries, yogurt, ice, soymilk, etc. as well as banana shakes with milk, ice and vanilla. The frozen berries / yogurt blend comes out nice and thick, like a proper milkshake, though the motor has choked a couple of times on the frozen berry clumps.

I have made small, single-serve smoothies, never filling this bottle to capacity -- The smoothie blends thoroughly in about 20 to 30 seconds. This seems to work better than the old larger glass blenders I've used previously. I do wish that I had an option for a clear glass container, as seeing the smoothie I'm mixing provides information about the fruit-to-yogurt ratio and flavor, while I'm experimenting with recipes. Overall, this little machine does exactly what I need, and provided it lasts a few years, it will be a great bargain. I will update this review in the event of problems arising.

First review: The blender appears to be just what I was hoping for, except that the base is larger than I was expecting. Unfortunately, the unit I received had been used. There were dirty fingerprints on base and water spots covering the interior of the cup. I will update this review when I receive the new unit I just re-ordered.

My favorite recipe: 1 cup frozen (organic, unsweetened) whole strawberries; 1/4 cup soymilk; 1 Tablespoon honey (raw, organic); 2 to 3 drops of vanilla extract; 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt. *Mix the honey in a Tablespoon of warm or room-temperature water before adding it to the mix, so that it dissolves and blends throughout the smoothie. Blend for about 30 seconds and enjoy a healthful slush. **Add 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream for a "strawberry ice cream" flavor. :)
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
2929 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse