Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,739 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,148 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2016
I rarely am one to write a product review but after blending up my morning smoothie with this little Oyster mixer, I decided to let others know what a great product this is! I've had this blender for over 1.5 years. It is used every morning by my husband & I to blend protein smoothies with ice & frozen fruit added. This mixer does an amazing job, especially for the price!!! I have used much more expensive products, but the Oyster My Blend does a great job.
What I love about it: you blend right in the bottle so you can throw a lid on & take it with you. You can purchase extra bottles separately & this makes it even more handy. Then just throw your drink bottle in the dishwasher & clean-up is easy!
Other reviews have complained of the lid leaking??? It is not a completely sealable lid so that you would throw the bottle in your gym bag! HELLO! Use some common sense! Consider it more of a lid like a coffee mug. No one is throwing that in a gym bag!
The lid does not leak at all with normal use. It's not going to leak in the car as you drive & it's great for kids to drink from also.
Fantastic product!!!
on January 21, 2016
Purchased Sept 14, 2015
Dead Jan 21, 2016

This product is a piece of junk!! Worked (and I use that term loosely) for four months and then I died. I used this to mix protein powdered smoothies and such, so basically milk, bananas, yogurt, berries and powder. When it did mix, the blades would spin but not really mix anything. I would take the bottle off the base, shake it and then put it back on the base and start again. Some reviews said it would mix ice, but after a few attempts with frozen raspberries, I would def say NO FROZEN ANYTHING. This unit just doesn't have the power. On it's final run, I mixed my ingredients as usual, placed the bottle on the base unit, pressed down; then the base started whizzing out of control and some then a lot of smoke came out of the base unit. Once I unplugged it and moved it; there was black bits ( like eraser/rubber shavings ) under the base unit.

Save yourself the $$$ and headaches, skip this product
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
3030 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2016
This review is by way of comparison to the Magic Bullet. Both seem to be personal blenders with comparable functionality, but the Oster is head and shoulders better. I was introduced to the personal blender concept when my wife bought a Magic Bullet and let it sit around. I like starting my day with a bullet proof coffee but I found that the Magic Bullet cups cracked after a few exposures to hot coffee, but the Oster blender cups shrugged off the heat – which is what you'd expect from cups made of PCB-free Tritan. The Magic Bullet drive shafts leaked; no problems with the Oster. The Magic Bullet leaks flowed down into the motor space, and the only way to clean up was to run water through the motor space (unplugged, of course). Seemed creepy. The Oster, on the other hand, has a molded drain hole that safely bypasses the motor; this is still untested, because I haven't had any leaks or spills. The Magic Bullet couldn't handle frozen fruit when making smoothies, but the Oster whizzed right through the fruit and yielded a smooth result. I don't know if the Oster motor is more powerful or spins faster, but whatever the reason there is a noticeable difference in favor of Oster. The Oster cups are blow molded and must be made of Tritan; that lets them be slim and slimmer in the middle; they also hold 20 oz, rather than the 16 oz Magic Bullet cups, yet they seem smaller and fit better into bottle carriers. Their caps have a loop that could allow them to be hung from a carabiner. They readily lock into the motor while running, but the Magic Bullet cups have switch tabs that are too fat to allow them to be locked down – you have to press the Magic Bullet cups down to keep the motor running. The Oster has a different means of locking the cups and preventing the blades from running if no cup is attached. Finally, the overall design of the Oster is superior; there is more vibration damping so it's noticeably quieter than the Magic Bullet, there are three legs instead of four so the drive unit is always balanced, even on tile surfaces. And the appearance of the Oster is more stylish, whereas the Magic Bullet looks like ancient industrial design from the 50's. And the Oster costs half as much. I'm glad I kept looking until I found the the Oster personal blender, because it delivers on the value of the concept.
on August 7, 2015
Update: After a year of very occasional use (maybe 10-12 uses?) the bottle/lid lid broke clean across the top, for no discernible cause, rendering the blender useless. I always handwash the container and haven't mishandled. I guess just poor quality and can't take much stress.

It needs a little liquid to blend, so not the most powerful things ever. I have had it a couple of weeks and have made a green sauce, smoothies, and pina coladas for two in it. The drinks came out without any big ice chunks, but it is a bit tricky to get frozen drinks realllly thick. It is not messy to poor and adjust measurements, fast, small and compact. The size of the bottle can make a good size drink for one or two people. I don't usually drink out of the bottle because I don't like the sippy cup top. I wish the bottle was clear rather than colored so that you could get a better view of how things are blending inside. It can be a little tricky to clean for someone without a dishwasher as the bottle is long and skinny and hard to get a good scrub inside. For $20 bucks, can't be beat for price, speed, or convenience in terms of everyday use.
on July 22, 2015
The blender part that goes in the base strips easily and became useless. I would order a replacement but there doesn't seem to be one. The bottles don't seal at the lid closure flap and can leak. The part of the lid closure that should (but doesn't) seal the drinking opening will collect liquid which you can get on your nose if you're not careful when you drink. The picture isn't really an accurate representation of how it works. You fill the bottle with your stuff, screw on the blender part and then invert into the blender and twist to blend. Then you take the blender part off and switch it with the cap/drinking part. The picture shows the bottle with the bottom in the base, apparently just for show. It's a really good design because you're not carrying around a cup with blender blades in it, but it's made with cheap parts and flaws with the drinking lid. Had to go back to the Hamilton Beach and drinking from a cup with blender blades in it.
on February 14, 2016
Pros:
-Initially it was a great product. It crushes ice extremely well, and it was simple to use.
-Moreover, the serving size is perfect, so you don't make just the right amount.
-Unlike other blenders that are big a bulky, the small size of this one allowed me to use it with very little effort.
-The price tag is unbeatable.

Cons:
Although this product was amazing in almost every single aspect, it broke after ~15 uses.
Being the cheap price that is, I didn't have unrealistic expectations about it's life span.
However, 15 uses is way too little to justify the cost, no matter how wonderful the product is.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 24, 2016
If I could give this ZERO stars, I would. Bought it 01.26.2016; less than 9 months later, it does not work AT ALL. The blender piece that screws onto the sports bottle has been chewed up by the gear in the base (which is also chewed up), rendering the entire contraption worthless. Went to the Oster website to check on availability of replacement parts; it would cost more to fix the one I have than it would to purchase a new one. VERY disappointed in this purchase!

(I bought a second unit for my office, and while it doesn't get as much use as the original, it's starting to wear in EXACTLY the same way!)
on February 8, 2017
Admittedly, I'm a bit disappointed. After paying $36.59 for the product, it arrived with a price tag of $24.99 marked down to $12.49. While I have a complete understanding of purchasing in bulk and reselling, I would have been thrilled as punch had I not seen this huge sticker on the side of the box. Now I feel like a schlub for paying 3x the cost.

As for the product itself, a strange aroma arises as it's blending. A little difficult to turn off once it gets going, but I definitely got a good drink from it.

UPDATE: After using it eight times, it's stopped working. Now I understand how they're getting them at $12.49.