BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 604 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2015
Just got mine today!! I made a smoothie out of Frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana, milk, yogurt, Greek kale and frozen pineapples! No ice needed! Yummmm
review image
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2017
This blender, though convenient, will NOT withstand much ice. I had to go back and read the description again and I think it is deceiving. We have had ours a couple of months and do not use it daily and the motor started to smoke. The shape of the bottle lends itself to things getting stuck on the top, and then while waiting for it to blend the motor overheats. I give it three stars because it is a bargain for what it does do, you just have to recognize its limits. We bought a more powerful blender, which is what we needed.
on March 24, 2017
I bought this blender feeling a little skeptical because of the other reviews and pics people posted showing the blender mechanism messing up. I have used my blender 6 times now and ive had no problem yet. I have blended fresh fruit, frozen fruit, a mix of both..and have had no issues. I always put my ingredients and cup on the blender before i plug it in because lining both pieces up so it locks in place easily can take some finese sometimes. But it blends smooth and usually only takes about 40 seconds to completely blend whatever ive put in it. I like this blender...plus...its green :)
on April 23, 2015
WOW. I've been using this for 2 weeks, everyday...

HOW. My friends might ask. I get out of bed with barely enough time to take a shower, roll into some clothes & get to work. Breakfast has never been high on my priorities list & I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a morning person.

Then my nutritionist told me I gotta start eating breakfast :(

Well this takes like 2 minutes to make a smoothie to go. Really, it's crazy. All I do is add almond milk, frozen fruit, protein/maca/chia/other magic powders, put the blade on - hold for 10-15 seconds, untwist, rinse the blades, twist on the cap & run out the door. It's even the right size for the drink holder thing on the side of my purse.

Awesome... Really, really excellent. I recommend this for everyone. I guess I'm now a breakfast person!
on June 1, 2016
I bought this one because I only use blenders for making smoothies, and I find traditional blenders to be too loud and too big for my needs. This blender is exactly what I needed for my purposes. A traditional blender would fling everything to the sides of the pitcher, creating an uneven blend and chunks of ice, but the Oster quickly blends through everything I need it to, like ice and frozen fruit, keeping it contained in the bottle I drink out of. No cleaning! The price is a steal, especially because the bottle alone could easily sell for $10 as a daily use water bottle.

One thing to keep in mind is that the blender will struggle with very thick smoothies, so be sure to put in an adequate amount of liquid every time. The Oster will still easily make creamy smoothies with a nice thickness, but I can see it burning out if you constantly push it to make borderline-sorbets. For example, I think the blender would get through some frozen berries, a banana and ice, but it would be really hard on it and produce an ice cream-like smoothie and probably be hard on the motor; I find I have to keep almond milk or orange juice on hand to loosen everything up. Still, I'm very happy with my blender and even found an extra bottle at Target (the bottles are good quality too).
on September 12, 2017
I can't believe the price on this! I love making smoothies with this. Easy to use and clean and is pretty powerful. I just make basic smoothies with soy milk and frozen fruit or no frozen fruit or ice. I don't have much counter space in my apartment so the size of this perfect. I did buy the warranty for a few bucks more ... why not. But so far it's working great.
on March 24, 2015
Only had this for a few days but I love it so far. Makes my breakfast smoothies much faster than my traditional blender and my immersion blender. Less mess because all you do is take off the blades and attach the lid instead of transferring the contents from the blender to a cup. This sport bottle fits in my car cup holders easily. I haven't had a problem with it not chopping the frozen fruit I use completely, it's pretty powerful. I suppose if the there wasn't enough liquid it might not chop everything completely. But since I use almond milk I haven't had a problem.
on June 30, 2017
This thing is a champ. I have used it at least once daily since purchase (approx 6 months) and it is still going strong. The base has nice grips on it and the push-to-blend feature is nice. Although it slips sometimes, it is still a nice function to have. The bottle can be difficult to clean by hand, but does well in the dishwasher. I have yet to experience and warping or other similar issues from the heat int he dishwasher. All in all, this is a great purchase if you are in the market.