Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on September 11, 2014
Pros: 1. It makes excellent smoothies and frozen drinks
2. It doesn't cost as much as a 50" HDTV
3. It is a blender, not a suite of blending technologies.
4. When you hit someone in the temple with the thick glass pitcher, they stay down. They don't get up and stab you a minute later while you are catching your breath.

Cons: 1. It is LOUD. An assailant could easily sneak up behind you unheard, keep your head on a swivel and be ready to grab that thick glass pitcher.

I can't imagine what a person would do with a blender other than making smoothies and frozen drinks so if you decide to get creative you may or may not be disappointed.

Ice cubes, rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, pause all conversations, press the "Frozen Drink" button, deal with the ROAR, enjoy a silky smooth piña colada with no ice chunks clogging your straw like the drinks Steve made at that one party with a substandard blender.
88 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2016
Needed a new blender after my old one of 20+ years was giving out. Didn't want to spend a fortune but wanted something that would do the job including making iced drinks (crushing ice). This is perfect. Others state it is loud and quite honestly I don't think it is. It is no louder than my other blender or no louder than the food processor. I would recommend to anyone.
on July 13, 2015
This blender was doing okay, not great but I also didn't pay the price for a great blender so I was fine with that. However, about two weeks after owning the product I made a smoothie, per instructions as I had before, except for this time I found chunks of rubber in the smoothie. Turns out that the seal had somehow slipped and was blended up in my drink. What is confusing is that I secured it before making the drink so I don't even know how it happened. Luckily I was in the one month window and Amazon was great about letting me return it and get a refund. If you want a small blender that can handle small tasks then stick with Hamilton Beach or something like that (I got mine from Target works great for most things that aren't too hard). I ended up getting a Blendtec for my birthday and I must say that if you are wanting a blender then you should try to find a Blendtec or Vitamix...sometimes that have to refurbished ones for a steal. It handles making nut butters, gets my smoothies completely smooth and handles frozen fruit with ease. My Hamilton Beach blender does better than this with ripe fruit smoothies. The Oster blender I order may have been defective or maybe I didn't secure the seal as well as I should have, but either way with these other blenders you don't have to worry about it and they perform the same if not better than this product.
on November 21, 2014
I love this blender. I should as I helped design the control system. Nice to know these are still available so many years after the original product design work was done. Reversing ability is really novel. The program modes are great as well. The feel of this designs drive system vs the normal slide switch models is an amazing difference (you can really feel the power of the unit matching the given load).

The garage full of prototypes didn't make my last move, so I had to buy a new one.

Try this out (or its 'sister product' the Oster counterforms) and I suspect you will be happy. There really is nothing like it at anything close to this price point (but I am of course highly biased).

Enjoy!
So far I really love this blender. It crushes ice great and my smoothies and shakes come out with no chunks. Apples, bananas, pitted cherries, mango, pears - everything is perfectly pureed with no chunks or clogs. Chopping function is not very usable, it still mostly pureing food rather than chopping in chunks so it can't replace food processor if you want something lik a chunky salsa. Cleaning is easy, assembling and taking apart takes only seconds. Reversing blade technology is a great idea, it really prevents clogs! I remember my sister in law tried to puree some peaches in juice with some cheap blender with no blade reverse and it just kept clogging, with Oster Fusion I just have to push the button and wait a minute, it will do the job. It's very easy to find any spare parts online when I will need them (o-rings, blades...). All metal drive is a big plus. Motor has a lot of power, I use large ice cubes for my shakes (way bigger than standart ones from the fridge dipensers) and Fusion crushes them in seconds. I don't understand why to spend hundreds of dollars on blenders like Ninja or VitaMix unless you really need all these extra cups and attachments. If all you need is to make smoothies, shakes and purees, Oster will do the same great job for $50. And it comes with 3 years warranty for entire blender!
Top Contributor: Petson September 11, 2015
Works better than expected. I read all the reviews for this and other blenders and finally decided to try this one mainly because of the price differences. I really don't know how much better a blender could work....unless it also pours and serves you the drink. I add frozen berries to a protein drink, push 1 button, and zoom, I have my drink without standing there, changing speeds, etc. It makes a perfect smoothie, so if that's what you are looking to make, look no further. ( and spend no more)
It's easy to clean , and everything can go in the dishwasher if you like. The glass jar is too tall for mine, but it is so easy to clean, that it's not a big deal.
on August 2, 2015
Great blender crusher. Use often for ice making sorbets, pulverizing almonds, and shredding carrots for salad. Completely fills the bill. My last blender was a vitamixer. I had it for almost 20 years and it was superb in every aspect. I no longer need a blender to grind flour out of whole wheat or to make hot souos. I mainly want to make humus, fruit drinks, vegie spreads and sorbets. Might be the perfect blender. Very few have reverse gears like this one. Totally necessary for my needs. My street cred? Ive been to culinary school, worked in a commercial kitchen, and i play with food. Rock on Oster!
on November 23, 2015
I was looking for a reasonably priced glass blender for my new found love of making homemade soups. I did not want to use my old plastic one with the hot soup. Love this blender. The soup consistency is perfect and even. I use it every morning to blend up my fruit and kale smoothies. Works like a charm and I store half of the smoothie in the container to drink the following day. Cleans up very easily. I usually only notice when an appliance does not meet my expectations. This blender is worth taking the time to write a review.
on July 29, 2016
I bought this product over a year ago and think it is junk!!! It has plenty of power, but I think the blade is poorly designed. The blade spins so fast it bores a hole in whatever you have in the jar instead of blending it together. I've tried various combinations of layering items in the jar and adding liquid to encourage blending. Apparently there is some magic combination I just can't figure out. So, I replaced it with a Ninja and now have smoothies with blended and smooth ingredients. My suggestion is to not buy this item!
on May 22, 2017
This blender is effective, but absolutely deafening. The motor is powerful - I had the glass container nearly come unscrewed one time just from the action and vibration of the blender blades. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that I don't want to be anywhere near this thing when it's running. The pre-programmed frozen drink button works well. I actually fill the blender with my ingredients and then take the darn thing outside. It is louder than our table saw. Instead of taking it outside, my husband uses his professional hearing protection when he uses it and everyone else in the house clears the room or heads outside. As an aside, the metal band on the motor part is barely glued on and came right off and left a sticky residue.