Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Oster FPSTHM2578 6-Speed Retractable Cord Hand Mix...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 41% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Oster FPSTHM2578 6-Speed Retractable Cord Hand Mixer with Clean Start, Black
|Price:||$24.43 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$5.56 (19%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 250 Watt Motor for maximum performance
- Clean Start Slow Low speed prevents splattering and provides greater control
- 6 Adjustable Speeds and Burst of Power button
- Retractable Cord for easy storage; Heel rest to add ingredients while mixing
- Includes Chrome Beaters and Whisk for a variety of mixing tasks
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Mix Up Memories
Discover new ways to make precious family memories for your loved ones by carrying on the tradition of special baking moments and joyous celebrations.
Bake Memories With Oster Mixers
Oster helps you prepare treasured family recipes for all to enjoy. Nothing shows fondness and devotion to sweet moments more than delicious treats baked with love and care.
Chrome Beaters and Balloon Whisk
The ruggedly built hand mixer comes with durable chrome beaters and a balloon whisk. Use the beaters to combine liquid and dry ingredients, beat eggs, cream butter and sugar, to prepare frosting, and more. The beaters promise quick and thorough results.
Switch the beaters out for the balloon whisk when it's time to make fluffy egg whites, hollandaise sauce, whipped cream, or anytime you need to beat air into mixtures. The beaters and the whisk attachments up the fun factor of the hard-working hand mixer, and they clean up easily by hand or in the dishwasher when it's time to call it a day.
6 Speeds, Plus Burst of Power
Equipped with a 250-watt (2.1 amp) motor, the reliable handheld mixer takes on a wide range of mixing tasks with blissful ease. Choose from six variable speed settings; a prominent lever on the mixer's handle makes it easy to change the setting anywhere from speed 1 to speed 6 with a simple press of the thumb.
For added convenience, the mixer's Clean Start function on low speed starts the hand mixer off slow, which helps prevent flour puff and unnecessary splatters. There's also a 'Turbo' Burst of Power button when needing a powerful surge of strength--great for getting through those heavier mixtures and dough. A flat heel rest allows the mixer to sit upright on the counter, and when it's time to remove the beaters, the speed lever doubles as a handy beater-eject button.
Uniquely designed, the hand mixer provides the added benefit of a retractable cord. Simply pull the power cord out to use, then, when finished, push the button to automatically rewind the cord up into the mixer and out of sight. The retractable power cord means neat and tidy, compact storage when not in use--and hassle-free removal from the cupboard, too--no unruly cord getting tangled up in other appliances or caught on cookie sheets and cooling racks.
Compare to similar items
This item Oster FPSTHM2578 6-Speed Retractable Cord Hand Mixer with Clean Start, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 3 x 8.75 in||5.7 x 8.3 x 9.2 in||4.25 x 10.13 x 9.75 in||3.5 x 8 x 6 in||4 x 9 x 5.5 in||4.2 x 8.4 x 7.3 in|
|Item Weight||3.9 lbs||3.35 lbs||—||2 lbs||2.5 lbs||1.7 lbs|
|Material Type||Plastic||Chrome||Nonstick||Plastic||Stainless Steel||—|
The Oster® FPSTHM2578 hand mixer offers a powerful 250-watt motor for exceptional performance with a 6-speed control for mixing versatility. The Clean Start™ feature is a slow first speed which prevents splattering and provides greater control. Power through thick dough with the Burst of Power™ feature, which gives extra power at the touch of a button. Whisk and chrome beaters are included to mix, beat, whip, and more. The heel rest is designed to stand the mixer on a flat surface so you can add those tasty morsels to your batter or dough. A convenient retractable cord makes storing this mixer as easy as pie.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It is heavy. . . much heavier than my last hand mixer. My arm gets tired long before the mixing is done.
2. The Turbo button is poorly placed. I find myself constantly pushing it on accident, because it's right where I want to put my hand to hold the mixer. This not only.startles me every time, but can make a mess, because suddenly the machine is going much faster than I wanted it to.
3. The retractable cord was awesome. . .for the first 2 times I used it. I pulled it out the 3rd time and I heard it spin and break, and now it won't go back in.
Overall, I don't love this mixer, but I may still use it because of the slower speed that I haven't found on any other mixer. In my opinion, 3 stars is being generous.
"The reason the cord is difficult to retract is because there are two tiny pieces of tape (one red and one green) wrapped around it. They are close to the last part of the cord to come out, are about a foot or so apart, and they are sticky. There doesn't appear to be any sense for them to be there, but who am I to question today's manufacturers. The tape comes off very easily, but if you don't run the length of the cord between your fingers, you don't realize the sticky is still there. I took a piece of paper towel and gave the cord a good scrub and now, with help, it retracts all the way in. As soon as the spirit moves me, I am going to apply some Lift Off to a cloth or paper towel and scrub some more to make sure I got all the sticky off."
It's a terrific mixer -- in fact it's so good, the beaters kind of scare me when on the #6 setting. Keep fingers far, far away. I say that because I hold the bottom of the mixer, toward the back, with my left hand and the handle with my right because it is so heavy.
The cord is long enough to use it where I can't easily use my stand mixer. I love the retractable cord. I am glad it doesn't retract all at once, because that could be painful to be hit by the cord, or knock something off my work space. I'm always watching out for cords knocking over liquids or sharp knives.
The beaters insert easily and eject just as easily. I wash them by hand because I don't have a dishwasher and I prefer to wash all the parts of my appliances by hand. I dry the beaters by hand as well. I haven't used the whisk because the beaters worked fine for eggs and whipped cream. The base also is easy to clean.
The mixer has enough power for everything I've made so far. Some reviewers felt it was too powerful, but I haven't found the power overwhelming. With any mixer, care is taken so you don't end up wearing the flour or eggs. A powerful mixer makes it possible to mix more quickly, saving time for other things. Whipped cream, clafoutis, eggs, egg whites, waffle batter, were all simple to make because the mixer is intuitive to use. I sometimes neglect my stand mixer to give this hand mixer a thorough workout during the 30 day return period. Although I was convinced long ago that one mixer wasn't enough, I'm still surprised how much I rely on mixing in one day. I can get my recipes done and in and out of the oven more efficiently.
There are less expensive hand mixers I could have bought, since this isn't my only mixer. But the Oster name, and retractable cord won my purchase. The mixer looks good on the counter with my other Oster appliances. I use it too often to put it away in the cabinet. One concern I had about this purchase is the weight, but that hasn't been an issue so far.
I don't regret this purchase at all and wish I hadn't waited. I planned to buy an immersion blender/stick mixer but never could make up my mind which to buy. A hand mixer is more practical for me as it is more useful if my stand mixer stops working. This mixer seems durable enough I should be using it for years.
1) Retractable cord means no more sticky splattered cord wrapped around your mixer.
2) Turbo boost button. Love the option of revving up the speed for a quick burst without having to adjust the settings.
3) Beaters and balloon whisk attachments fit in both of the openings -- no need to identify the one with a collar like on my old mixer.
4) Relatively quiet
5) Seriously sturdy build quality
So why doesn't it get 5 stars? There are two main drawbacks for me, and I've subtracted a star for each:
1) This machine is heavy. The body alone (without the beaters) weighs in at 2lbs, 7oz. This is not a big deal for shorter sessions, but when you're blending a merengue over a hot water bath for over 7 minutes straight, it becomes very tiring.
2) The retractable cord doesn't always retract all the way. You kind of have to coax it along by feeding the cord back into the machine (reminds me of similarly imperfect retractable cord hairdryers), and if you have sticky fingers after blending the aforementioned merengue, it somewhat offsets the convenience factor of having a retractable cord in the first place.
Neither of the above is a dealbreaker. For example, if you don't mind a heavier mixer, or don't mind if the cord doesn't retract perfectly, then this is a solid choice.