Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,161 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,294 reviews
on March 8, 2011
I don't know what I can say that others positive reviewers haven't said except that I too have used this corkscrew without fail many times on all different types of corks. I love it, my wife loves it, heck even the dog loves it and he doesn't have thumbs. I don't know what else to say, "it works for me". We keep it plugged in on the counter all the time. We don't even mind the glowing light.

But just in case someone wants to know more about this product and doesn't want to read the hundreds of older positive reviews here's my recent one.

How it works: Step 1 - Select a bottle of your favorite wine. White, red, rose, whatever, the corkscrew does not care. Step 2 - Look at the top of the bottle carefully. Make sure the bottle isn't a screw off cap. If it is, skip Steps 3 thru 5 and go right to step 6. Step 3 - Use the included (and this is important) "manually operated" foil cutter (works better than the other two I have) to remove the foil. And in case you've never removed the foil before, I know it can be a little tricky, but with the bottle sitting on your counter top or some other smooth hard surface (but not your expensive glass table top) place the foil cutter onto the bottle as it's intended, apply a little pressure by squeezing the foil cutter between your thumb and forefinger and, now here's the tricky part, SPIN THE BOTTLE, not the foil cutter and I guarantee it will work every time. Step 4 - Place the corkscrew on top of the bottle. Try not to get so hung up on if you you have it dead center on the cork, but do try to make sure that the corkscrew isn't leaning over one way or the other, and as straight up and down inline with the bottle as possible. If you have already had too much wine and your vision or judgment is impaired get some help or let someone else do it. Again, I recommend leaving the bottle on the same flat surface so you aren't misled in case you are starting to lean one way or the other. Step 5 - With mild downward pressure, press the button that removes the cork. When the corkscrew motor stops running it's finished and the cork should be completely removed from the neck of the bottle. Press the other part of the button to remove the cork form the corkscrew. Step 6 - Get your glass and enjoy your cork-particle-less wine.

I was a little apprehensive my first bottle but after two or three you too will be a pro and wonder why you ever doubted something so simple could make your life so easy. I've used and still own some pretty cool corkscrews including the rabbit type and they all worked as intended. The difference between them and this little gadget is my wife can open wine bottles now too and while that may sound ridicules to some people it wasn't to me. My wife is as intelligent as the next person but she lacks the physical strength to use those other types. Independence is a major building block in any relationship. And hey, I don't mind being served a glass of wine unexpectedly from time to time either. This tool is so simple and works so well that with practice and determination, you could use it with one hand. Imagine what that means to physically challenged persons. I'm just sayin'.........

I highly recommend this tool and it works as others have stated, without question. The chiller is very sleek and works as intended too. I'm a stainless steel freak so both are appreciated in my house. If you are a traditionalist you may not want the set. I keep the chiller in the refrigerator and move it to the freezer hours before using it. It won't keep your wine as cold as the refrigerator but on a warm night it will keep it cooler than not using anything. I recommend the set though because separately, they would cost more.

Please drink responsibly, save some for me.
Rob
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2015
Loved it , but I just got it about a month ago. It was great, and it broke today!! I missed the return date by (1) day. What a bummer.
I can't believe that they won't stand by it when I just found this out today. So beware , as it works, but it didn't last that long. I
feel like that they should stand behind this. Today is only March 14. So I guess you have to do more research. I thought that Oster was
a reputable company. I could see it if I had had it for 2 or 3 months, but come on. So I am very disappointed with the way they are not standing
up for this product. By the way the return date was March 13!!!! Not a happy camper!!
on December 27, 2015
I got this as a gift for my fiancé for Christmas and she was pleasantly surprised! I have had multiple electric wine openers up to this point that have all had their flaws. But mostly we have needed to purchase a new one every year. While it has not been a year of me owning this one I am feeling pretty good about the purchase thus far and do think it is quality made.

Pros:
- This is well made. Even though it is plastic feels good in your hand and can take some of the drops that may happen.
- The dock is easy to use. Fits perfectly without much fiddling to get it back where it belongs.
- Good power for uncorking the wine. I have had a few that seem to struggle with stronger bottles.

Cons:
- This doesn't necessarily take away from the product review but this is the tallest wine opener I have owned. Fits just fine in my kitchen but if you have low cabinets this thing will be real close to clearing.

As for the Chiller it does its purpose. Its a snug fit if you use non traditional bottles of wine but it fits just about all of them that I have tried. As mentioned I would recommend this product.
on August 28, 2016
Very easy to use electric wine opener, no more struggles when it's time to open that bottle of wine! It is cordless so easy to move around and it looks very nice in the kitchen with the black and metallic design. Works very well on all type of cork, and you won't have to worry about pieces of cork falling into your wine because of difficulties with manual wine openers.
on April 28, 2017
The opener works very well, I have opened several bottles now without issue. The Chiller also works well, we haven't put it in the fridge or freezer just placed the chilled bottle in it and it kept it chilled very well. Very happy with both of these.
on December 16, 2014
I ordered this on November 1, 2014 for $26.88 (presumably because it came with a wine chiller -- a fairly useless add-on, in my opinion.) It worked great at first, removing the cork from the bottle and then disgorging the cork from the opener effortlessly. However, after a little more than one month, it became inconsistent. The main problem was that, though it would still remove the cork, the corkscrew tended to enter off-center, and when I tried to reverse the action in order to disgorge the cork, it would not respond. For a time, I managed to coax it into functioning properly, either by repeated trials or by placing it on the charger for a while. It's not clear to me whether the problem is that it is underpowered, that the battery soon begins to fail, that the corkscrew gets out of alignment, or something else. All I know is that it became totally unreliable and, by December 15, ceased to work altogether.Fortunately, Amazon processed the return without any question (even though I was outside the normal 30-day return period.)

One side note: the foil remover tool is excellent: by far the best I have ever used. It cleanly cuts and removes metal or plastic foil cork covers with ease and consistency. This, however, is not enough to justify the cost of buying the entire wine opener, as it will fail in short order, based on my personal experience.
on December 2, 2016
I really really really wanted this to work. I was so excited. I have a friend who recommended this brand name and said she had hers for several years. Maybe they were better made back then? I got on here and asked questions because I could get the insert to go into the cork but it wouldnt pull it back out for anything and I ended up having to use my manual cork remover to get it out. Very upset about this. the info said it wouldnt only take out a regular cork but the new type of corks. I tried it on both. No go. If ANYONE has information on one of these rechargeables that actually work. Please let me know. Because I DO want one. :(
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Read instructions before you use this opener or you'll think it does not work like me! You have to press the opener straight down on the cork, press the down button and let it finish turning to remove the cork. I was making the mistake of pressing the up button midway thinking that was the way to remove the cork from bottle but that just pulls the opener out of the cork. Initially, that made me think that I had a defective unit but I was just doing it wrong. A quicker way is to press the down button till you're sure the screw is wedged in the cork all the way down - then give it a gentle tug upward while still keeping your finger on the down button. Sucks the cork right out like magic. Then you press the up button to extract the cork from the opener. I keep it charged all the time, as it's easy on the wrist rather than trying to open a bottle with a manual opener. It has been used for a year now and is still going good! This opener does not work very well with synthetic corks, you will have to use the manual opener for them as they need firmer pressure.

If you drink wine regularly, or serve wine at parties this is a must have. If used the right way it eliminates the problem of broken corks and the effort involved in trying to get the cork out from a wine bottle.

I am using the chiller as a cooking spoon/ladle holder as it's a heavy base and looks good in my kitchen.
on December 26, 2016
Admittedly, buying one's self a toy is gauche, but it looked sweet and the reviews appeared positive. I used it once, carefully holding it perpendicular to the cork. After an awkward grinding like sound and a tug It felt wrong. I backed it out and beheld a cork destroyed at a 45% angle and what appeared to be a little sensor with a wire attached, jammed into the side. Using my electrical engineering background, I deduced that I shouldn't be seeing any wires in a precision device. Santa, please make some oenophile toy happy on your Isle of misfit devices and give him/her this gift.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this item for my aunt who is getting older but still enjoys drinking wine every now and then. This item is two fold and is great for any wine drinker.

With it being a cordless wine opener you can relax and let this device do the work for you. Instead of trying to have to pry a tough bottle of wine open, this device will take care of it. You don't have to worry about spillage, possibly staining clothing or carpet and worry about tools or pulling a muscle.

Next it is a wine chiller, so you can enjoy the bottle of wine at a good temperature.

I'm not much of a wine drinker but the portable seems important. Being able to take this indoors or outdoors and just relax or chat with friends seems like something valuable.