Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on March 8, 2011
I don't know what I can say that others positive reviewers haven't said except that I too have used this corkscrew without fail many times on all different types of corks. I love it, my wife loves it, heck even the dog loves it and he doesn't have thumbs. I don't know what else to say, "it works for me". We keep it plugged in on the counter all the time. We don't even mind the glowing light.

But just in case someone wants to know more about this product and doesn't want to read the hundreds of older positive reviews here's my recent one.

How it works: Step 1 - Select a bottle of your favorite wine. White, red, rose, whatever, the corkscrew does not care. Step 2 - Look at the top of the bottle carefully. Make sure the bottle isn't a screw off cap. If it is, skip Steps 3 thru 5 and go right to step 6. Step 3 - Use the included (and this is important) "manually operated" foil cutter (works better than the other two I have) to remove the foil. And in case you've never removed the foil before, I know it can be a little tricky, but with the bottle sitting on your counter top or some other smooth hard surface (but not your expensive glass table top) place the foil cutter onto the bottle as it's intended, apply a little pressure by squeezing the foil cutter between your thumb and forefinger and, now here's the tricky part, SPIN THE BOTTLE, not the foil cutter and I guarantee it will work every time. Step 4 - Place the corkscrew on top of the bottle. Try not to get so hung up on if you you have it dead center on the cork, but do try to make sure that the corkscrew isn't leaning over one way or the other, and as straight up and down inline with the bottle as possible. If you have already had too much wine and your vision or judgment is impaired get some help or let someone else do it. Again, I recommend leaving the bottle on the same flat surface so you aren't misled in case you are starting to lean one way or the other. Step 5 - With mild downward pressure, press the button that removes the cork. When the corkscrew motor stops running it's finished and the cork should be completely removed from the neck of the bottle. Press the other part of the button to remove the cork form the corkscrew. Step 6 - Get your glass and enjoy your cork-particle-less wine.

I was a little apprehensive my first bottle but after two or three you too will be a pro and wonder why you ever doubted something so simple could make your life so easy. I've used and still own some pretty cool corkscrews including the rabbit type and they all worked as intended. The difference between them and this little gadget is my wife can open wine bottles now too and while that may sound ridicules to some people it wasn't to me. My wife is as intelligent as the next person but she lacks the physical strength to use those other types. Independence is a major building block in any relationship. And hey, I don't mind being served a glass of wine unexpectedly from time to time either. This tool is so simple and works so well that with practice and determination, you could use it with one hand. Imagine what that means to physically challenged persons. I'm just sayin'.........

I highly recommend this tool and it works as others have stated, without question. The chiller is very sleek and works as intended too. I'm a stainless steel freak so both are appreciated in my house. If you are a traditionalist you may not want the set. I keep the chiller in the refrigerator and move it to the freezer hours before using it. It won't keep your wine as cold as the refrigerator but on a warm night it will keep it cooler than not using anything. I recommend the set though because separately, they would cost more.

Please drink responsibly, save some for me.
Rob
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 28, 2017
The opener works very well, I have opened several bottles now without issue. The Chiller also works well, we haven't put it in the fridge or freezer just placed the chilled bottle in it and it kept it chilled very well. Very happy with both of these.
on March 24, 2014
UPDATED REVIEW 5/14: No longer works. This seems to be consistent with several other reviews. We used several times a week for about 4 months, and then it just stopped...would get about 1/2 way down the cork and die. Would recommend if you don't use it often, but if you're a regular wine drinker you need to anticipate about $75 a year to maintain service with replacements.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Love this! It does better with newer than aged wines (and that would be to expected!). It works easily, we haven't had any problems, and the price was fantastic! I saw the same item (different brand) in another store 3X the price. I don't think the wine holder is necessary, and we use it as coin collector, but still very much worth it! I had the Rabbit, before, which I thought was awesome, but it doesn't even compare in ease to this. It really is as easy as holding this over your bottle and waiting without effort. Highly recommend.Cheers!
on February 12, 2018
I purchased this wine opener for my wife. She loves it. We are both as you call it wine-o's lol! Oster makes quality products and I knew I was going to get quality as soon as I bought it. There has been NO issues with it yet and works to perfection.
I purchased this set about 5 years ago and have used it over those 5 years pretty frequently. It works very well, even on synthetic corks, in my experience. It's fast and easy to use.

My two complaints after several years of use: the opener has never really held a charge... after a bottle or two it's done. I'm surprised to read the reviews of people opening 30 bottles. Perhaps I just got a "dud"... also, the plastic on mine has become very sticky. At first I just assumed some wine spilled on it at a party, but I've scrubbed it thoroughly and I now think that the plastic is somehow degrading... very strange.

A nice gift and a good convenience but I do wonder if there's a better option out there. If I were to do it again, I'd shop around and compare models.

Hope this helps.
on January 28, 2016
Bought over 40 of these as part of gifts baskets my company gave out. So many recipients made comments of how much they loved this. I also received several comments from employees who saw them in my office and mentioned that they had this product at home and how much they liked it. Seems like everyone who uses this is a big fan.
on February 15, 2014
I've never used an electric wine opener before and honestly thought they seemed a little silly. However, I purchased this for a wine lover in my life and I've got to say i was pretty impressed. I can't speak to the quality long term, but, the couple of times it has been used, it's worked very well. It's a streamlined design, which is nice but I don't care for the light thing on the top - I think it makes the unit look a little cheap. The "chiller" isn't anything fancy...just a small metal bucket, but even without being in the fridge or freezer, i must say, it was pretty cold to the touch (not sure how that translates into keeping a bottle chilled). All in all, if you're looking for an electric opener...this one seems to be a pretty good pick!
on February 23, 2013
Got this for Christmas for a grandmother who is starting to struggle with opening a bottle of wine. The rechargeable base looks great in the kitchen. You put one end over the end of the bottle, press the button, and it winds the cork up into the unit. Press the button again to extract it and it kind of "poops" it out. We laugh every time it does it. It's actually funny and enjoyable to watch. The elegant styling make it a great purchase and my mom couldn't be happier with it. She's been using it for 2 months now going through a bottle every 2-3 days so it's gotten plenty of use. Still working like the day we took it out of the box. Recommend recharging it for a full day. Battery life is great since we haven't seen an end to this one and my mom loves wine so it's been a great gift. Can highly recommend it if you want to add a little class to wine drinking for the one you love.
on February 4, 2015
Initially thought it was broken after a couple of uses, but turned out a cork had split inside - took a few seconds to dislodge it, and everything is back to normal. I leave it in the charger, so can't speak of battery life. For those that are challenged by a normal corkscrew I find this hard to beat.
We've opened many bottles without any further issues. The cooler is lovely - crush up some ice and have your white kept cool all evening. Looks great in a formal setting too.
on December 4, 2015
Works great - quality is quite good. The chiller is added bonus! We keep it right on our counter -- my only negative is that for the true wine connoisseur - there's nothing quite like popping the cork with a traditional wine opener -- but if you have arthritic hands, fibromyalgia, some other ailment that would make opening a wine bottle an obstacle -- it is a great get -- ease of use is effortless. And it's an impressive show piece for entertaining!