Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,281 reviews
on March 8, 2011
I don't know what I can say that others positive reviewers haven't said except that I too have used this corkscrew without fail many times on all different types of corks. I love it, my wife loves it, heck even the dog loves it and he doesn't have thumbs. I don't know what else to say, "it works for me". We keep it plugged in on the counter all the time. We don't even mind the glowing light.

But just in case someone wants to know more about this product and doesn't want to read the hundreds of older positive reviews here's my recent one.

How it works: Step 1 - Select a bottle of your favorite wine. White, red, rose, whatever, the corkscrew does not care. Step 2 - Look at the top of the bottle carefully. Make sure the bottle isn't a screw off cap. If it is, skip Steps 3 thru 5 and go right to step 6. Step 3 - Use the included (and this is important) "manually operated" foil cutter (works better than the other two I have) to remove the foil. And in case you've never removed the foil before, I know it can be a little tricky, but with the bottle sitting on your counter top or some other smooth hard surface (but not your expensive glass table top) place the foil cutter onto the bottle as it's intended, apply a little pressure by squeezing the foil cutter between your thumb and forefinger and, now here's the tricky part, SPIN THE BOTTLE, not the foil cutter and I guarantee it will work every time. Step 4 - Place the corkscrew on top of the bottle. Try not to get so hung up on if you you have it dead center on the cork, but do try to make sure that the corkscrew isn't leaning over one way or the other, and as straight up and down inline with the bottle as possible. If you have already had too much wine and your vision or judgment is impaired get some help or let someone else do it. Again, I recommend leaving the bottle on the same flat surface so you aren't misled in case you are starting to lean one way or the other. Step 5 - With mild downward pressure, press the button that removes the cork. When the corkscrew motor stops running it's finished and the cork should be completely removed from the neck of the bottle. Press the other part of the button to remove the cork form the corkscrew. Step 6 - Get your glass and enjoy your cork-particle-less wine.

I was a little apprehensive my first bottle but after two or three you too will be a pro and wonder why you ever doubted something so simple could make your life so easy. I've used and still own some pretty cool corkscrews including the rabbit type and they all worked as intended. The difference between them and this little gadget is my wife can open wine bottles now too and while that may sound ridicules to some people it wasn't to me. My wife is as intelligent as the next person but she lacks the physical strength to use those other types. Independence is a major building block in any relationship. And hey, I don't mind being served a glass of wine unexpectedly from time to time either. This tool is so simple and works so well that with practice and determination, you could use it with one hand. Imagine what that means to physically challenged persons. I'm just sayin'.........

I highly recommend this tool and it works as others have stated, without question. The chiller is very sleek and works as intended too. I'm a stainless steel freak so both are appreciated in my house. If you are a traditionalist you may not want the set. I keep the chiller in the refrigerator and move it to the freezer hours before using it. It won't keep your wine as cold as the refrigerator but on a warm night it will keep it cooler than not using anything. I recommend the set though because separately, they would cost more.

Please drink responsibly, save some for me.
Rob
on March 14, 2015
Loved it , but I just got it about a month ago. It was great, and it broke today!! I missed the return date by (1) day. What a bummer.
I can't believe that they won't stand by it when I just found this out today. So beware , as it works, but it didn't last that long. I
feel like that they should stand behind this. Today is only March 14. So I guess you have to do more research. I thought that Oster was
a reputable company. I could see it if I had had it for 2 or 3 months, but come on. So I am very disappointed with the way they are not standing
up for this product. By the way the return date was March 13!!!! Not a happy camper!!
on August 10, 2011
I bought this back in March 2010 and it's worked like a charm ever since. It is, without question the easiest wine bottle opener I have ever used. Peel off the foil with the foil cutter, put opener on bottle, press down on the lower part of the button on the side, wait for the motor to stop, take off the opener, Press the upper part of the button, the motor stops when the cork comes out. Seriously, a chimpanzee can do it! No broken corks, no pulling, no tugging. The person who created this handy little item is a genius.

UPDATE: March 2017 Here it is seven years later and the opener finally died. Not bad. By the way, in spite of what others have mentioned, it worked just fine with plastic corks and well and real corks.
on March 11, 2017
Love this opener!! Although made entirely of plastic it opens my wine collection with ease. Just cut off the foil and press the button. It also keeps the corks intact for my cork collection, what a bonus. I have used it a dozen times with no issues. I hope the battery and charge keep up.
on March 18, 2017
I had a rabbit before and was disappointed as it was a gift. It works amazingly and is very nice looking. I keep it out on my kitchen counter. Love it.
on March 12, 2017
Bought this for my Mom and she still thinks it is one of best gifts I ever got her! She bought me one last year and I love it too - as long as I charge it before I need it!
on April 16, 2015
Works great, just be patient when you use it and let it do it's complete job! I use it every time I open a bottle with a cork!
on March 24, 2017
I have had several of these wine openers and they are awesome, my mom drinks wine every evening with dinner and can't open a bottle without it.
on March 17, 2017
very nice and make opening the bottle easier.
on March 15, 2017