Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on September 14, 2014
have ordered one and retuned as the based stopped taking charge this one seems to have lasted longer . but unfortunately just long enough to put it out of warrantee. so now Im just stuck with it. Really neat when it works. just doesn't hold a charge. would entertain a new replacement but its probably out of the question at this point . I do like the device
on February 27, 2016
I bought this for my sister and she says she loves it. I'll just take her word for it as I am not a wine drinker and have no reason to use for wine drinking gadgets. I also ordered the product in the hassle-free packaging, which I think is code for 'we've repackaged this in our box because the original got damaged' or perhaps it means 'this is a return that we've repackaged because the previous customer damaged the box.' Who knows? It was about $20 cheaper than the product with the brand box and I am a frugal consumer.
on September 6, 2014
Worked for eight bottles then died. Since the item is not returnable after about six weeks, we will simply let others know that the product is junk and should be taken off the Amazon site. I have used similar items from other vendors at my other homes which continue to work well, so this brand must be a cheap knockoff.
on July 12, 2017
easiest opener ever. push to remove cork, reverse to get cork out of opener. Effortless. Bought for my 80 y/o father, and he likes it. I don't leave it on the counter, because we don't use it every day. There is a red light on the base and on top of the opener and it tends to be distracting (to me)
on February 4, 2015
Initially thought it was broken after a couple of uses, but turned out a cork had split inside - took a few seconds to dislodge it, and everything is back to normal. I leave it in the charger, so can't speak of battery life. For those that are challenged by a normal corkscrew I find this hard to beat.
We've opened many bottles without any further issues. The cooler is lovely - crush up some ice and have your white kept cool all evening. Looks great in a formal setting too.
on January 27, 2012
Our purchase of the Oster Electric Wine Opener was a gift for one of our adult children, but our choice was based on our own year's use of the same opener given to us by generous in-laws. While the styling details are a bit "zoinky," the operation of the opener is excellent, and the Amazon on-line pricing is unbeatable. The foil cutter works well, too. We have pulled dozens of corks, including the synthetic types, on a single charge! Possible improvements we'd suggest: an LED indicator to show when the opener is fully charged; an LED indicator to show when the opener needs to be recharged. If the body of the opener were square or even octagonal, it might be a bit easier to keep a grip on it; the rocker-type operating switch should be plainly labelled "PULL CORK" and "EJECT CORK" or something to that effect.

Note: we just received an electric wine opener (as a gift) sold by Sharper Image. It is 2" shorter than the Oster (same diameter) and has internal blue LEDs that light up in use and when charging; also the lower portion of the opener is transparent so you can see the cork at all times (reassuring) and the compact base is actually a foil cutter. It has the same type of rocker switch as the Oster product, and similarly lacks labelling. We don't know if the Sharper Image unit is available online or not; we suspect it may cost about $15 more than the Oster.
on September 5, 2017
Was a holiday gift for someone who drinks wine. They seemed to like it very much and think it was very cool.
on December 2, 2016
Nice looking unit and it does the job well. Powerful enough for the tightest corks.
on February 1, 2013
The opener for this works great. I haven't had a cork that it wasn't able to open yer (even synthetic once). The foil cutter that has a storage place on the charging base of the opener is also nice. One annoyance about the opener is that the light indicator on the device is always on when its in the charging base. The light is rather large and red. As for the chiller, well I don't see much use in it. Honestly I didn't read the instructions for it, so I am not even sure how it is supposed to chill the wine. It is simply a tin bucket with no cooling device or even insulation to it. With most bottles of wine, there wouldn't even be any room to add ice to it. My best guess is that you could chill the thing in the freezer before putting the wine bottle in it. Perhaps just the nature of the metal absorbing the cold from a chilled bottle is supposed to help keep the bottle from warming up so quickly. I really didnt care about the chiller -- I never intended to use it.
on August 25, 2013
This is my second Oster rechargeable wine opener. I upgraded and added the chiller wine bucket. We moved from another state last February. And in the move the cord to my Oster was misplaced. Well, my mom always complains that charging units should be labeled with at least the name of the product they charge! I thought I was using the right charger but it burned up the unit.
I like the opener, use the foil cutter, use the "charged" opener place on the cork, press the down button continually until the cork comes out! Then to dispense the cork push the down button till the opener drops it in your hand.! Really easy but friends have had a difficult time because once the opener is wedged in the cork they switch to the up button which of course disengages the opener. Hope this review helps and don't forget to label your charging units!