Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on September 14, 2014
have ordered one and retuned as the based stopped taking charge this one seems to have lasted longer . but unfortunately just long enough to put it out of warrantee. so now Im just stuck with it. Really neat when it works. just doesn't hold a charge. would entertain a new replacement but its probably out of the question at this point . I do like the device
on September 6, 2014
Worked for eight bottles then died. Since the item is not returnable after about six weeks, we will simply let others know that the product is junk and should be taken off the Amazon site. I have used similar items from other vendors at my other homes which continue to work well, so this brand must be a cheap knockoff.
on July 12, 2017
easiest opener ever. push to remove cork, reverse to get cork out of opener. Effortless. Bought for my 80 y/o father, and he likes it. I don't leave it on the counter, because we don't use it every day. There is a red light on the base and on top of the opener and it tends to be distracting (to me)
on February 4, 2015
Initially thought it was broken after a couple of uses, but turned out a cork had split inside - took a few seconds to dislodge it, and everything is back to normal. I leave it in the charger, so can't speak of battery life. For those that are challenged by a normal corkscrew I find this hard to beat.
We've opened many bottles without any further issues. The cooler is lovely - crush up some ice and have your white kept cool all evening. Looks great in a formal setting too.
on September 5, 2017
Was a holiday gift for someone who drinks wine. They seemed to like it very much and think it was very cool.
on December 2, 2016
Nice looking unit and it does the job well. Powerful enough for the tightest corks.
on February 1, 2013
The opener for this works great. I haven't had a cork that it wasn't able to open yer (even synthetic once). The foil cutter that has a storage place on the charging base of the opener is also nice. One annoyance about the opener is that the light indicator on the device is always on when its in the charging base. The light is rather large and red. As for the chiller, well I don't see much use in it. Honestly I didn't read the instructions for it, so I am not even sure how it is supposed to chill the wine. It is simply a tin bucket with no cooling device or even insulation to it. With most bottles of wine, there wouldn't even be any room to add ice to it. My best guess is that you could chill the thing in the freezer before putting the wine bottle in it. Perhaps just the nature of the metal absorbing the cold from a chilled bottle is supposed to help keep the bottle from warming up so quickly. I really didnt care about the chiller -- I never intended to use it.
on August 25, 2013
This is my second Oster rechargeable wine opener. I upgraded and added the chiller wine bucket. We moved from another state last February. And in the move the cord to my Oster was misplaced. Well, my mom always complains that charging units should be labeled with at least the name of the product they charge! I thought I was using the right charger but it burned up the unit.
I like the opener, use the foil cutter, use the "charged" opener place on the cork, press the down button continually until the cork comes out! Then to dispense the cork push the down button till the opener drops it in your hand.! Really easy but friends have had a difficult time because once the opener is wedged in the cork they switch to the up button which of course disengages the opener. Hope this review helps and don't forget to label your charging units!
on March 9, 2015
Absolutely love this wine opener. A friend of mine bought me one as a housewarming gift last year, and I didn't think I would enjoy using it. I was wrong! It is sooo easy to use, and in a couple of seconds, you can uncork any bottle of wine without all the muss and fuss. We enjoyed ours so much, that I bought one for my mother-in-law for Christmas, because she was always struggling with her expensive rabbit corkscrew. She loved it, and the wine chiller was a great bonus!
on June 30, 2017
I STARTED to return this item immediately after receiving it reason being the description is misleading, it says a cordless wine opener with a wine bottle chiller, problem is the bottle chiller is not electric or cordless the way they instruct how to use it makes it pointless I could do the same with the bottle alone.