Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on April 28, 2017
The opener works very well, I have opened several bottles now without issue. The Chiller also works well, we haven't put it in the fridge or freezer just placed the chilled bottle in it and it kept it chilled very well. Very happy with both of these.
on December 26, 2016
Admittedly, buying one's self a toy is gauche, but it looked sweet and the reviews appeared positive. I used it once, carefully holding it perpendicular to the cork. After an awkward grinding like sound and a tug It felt wrong. I backed it out and beheld a cork destroyed at a 45% angle and what appeared to be a little sensor with a wire attached, jammed into the side. Using my electrical engineering background, I deduced that I shouldn't be seeing any wires in a precision device. Santa, please make some oenophile toy happy on your Isle of misfit devices and give him/her this gift.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this item for my aunt who is getting older but still enjoys drinking wine every now and then. This item is two fold and is great for any wine drinker.

With it being a cordless wine opener you can relax and let this device do the work for you. Instead of trying to have to pry a tough bottle of wine open, this device will take care of it. You don't have to worry about spillage, possibly staining clothing or carpet and worry about tools or pulling a muscle.

Next it is a wine chiller, so you can enjoy the bottle of wine at a good temperature.

I'm not much of a wine drinker but the portable seems important. Being able to take this indoors or outdoors and just relax or chat with friends seems like something valuable.
on February 17, 2017
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday last year (March 2016). We drink 1-2 bottles of wine on average daily and use this opener EVERY time. No issues whatsoever! I would absolutely recommend this item to everyone who drinks wine. It's convenient and easy to use. The chiller has been nice as well and it's great for using outside on a nice day. Large bottles fit perfectly and stay chilled. We add a little ice and water when putting the smaller bottles into it to assist in keeping those chilled.

If it ever breaks I will replace it with the same item.
on February 12, 2017
I had one of these openers for years, and was happy with it. When this came, it had instructions for the opener, but nothing mentioning the chiller. The chiller does NOT seem to chill. The opener broke in a month. Every other order in my history has a "return or replace", but not this one!
on September 4, 2017
The charging port and the chiller work awesome. The actual device is easy to get on the bottles but it's tricky to get off becusse there's no actual leverage in which to help pull? Idk it's strange for me. If it wasn't a gift I wouldn't buy it for myself again
on April 9, 2017
When our previous opener died, I chose this as a replacement. Great choice for the money! No concerns at all! We'll be enjoying many bottles with this opener!
on December 29, 2013
I purchased this when it was a Gold Box deal as a "just in case" gift last Christmas. Since I didn't need to gift it, I kept and used it myself. The opener works well and has yet to have a problem. The charge holds for maybe 20 uses. The little wine chiller is useful, if a bit narrow. Still, it works perfectly and comes in handy from time to time. It's just wide enough to slip a bottle of champagne into.

This set exceeded expectations and is used on a weekly basis.

UPDATE:
This opener saw regular use with myself, my wife, my friends all being wine lovers. I'd say this opened 4-6 bottles/week for 3 1/2 years before it finally died. I always stored it on the plugged-in charger. I think the motor finally died. Only rarely did I encounter a synthetic cork that required a manual opener.

My wife had already replaced it with a fully automatic version from another brand. I'll probably replace with another one of these when that one breaks. The chiller is still in perfect shape and is used frequently. Great value.
on March 28, 2014
Got this as a present. For what it is, it's a bit of work.

The unwrapper needs to be better designed. For it to work you need a death grip and some finess. Fine for me but the person I got it for didn't like it. The instructions sucked so I just winged it. Till I got it down

When I went to show her, it was just too much work for something that's supposed to make it easier.
on March 24, 2014
UPDATED REVIEW 5/14: No longer works. This seems to be consistent with several other reviews. We used several times a week for about 4 months, and then it just stopped...would get about 1/2 way down the cork and die. Would recommend if you don't use it often, but if you're a regular wine drinker you need to anticipate about $75 a year to maintain service with replacements.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Love this! It does better with newer than aged wines (and that would be to expected!). It works easily, we haven't had any problems, and the price was fantastic! I saw the same item (different brand) in another store 3X the price. I don't think the wine holder is necessary, and we use it as coin collector, but still very much worth it! I had the Rabbit, before, which I thought was awesome, but it doesn't even compare in ease to this. It really is as easy as holding this over your bottle and waiting without effort. Highly recommend.Cheers!