Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,190 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,326 reviews
Read instructions before you use this opener or you'll think it does not work like me! You have to press the opener straight down on the cork, press the down button and let it finish turning to remove the cork. I was making the mistake of pressing the up button midway thinking that was the way to remove the cork from bottle but that just pulls the opener out of the cork. Initially, that made me think that I had a defective unit but I was just doing it wrong. A quicker way is to press the down button till you're sure the screw is wedged in the cork all the way down - then give it a gentle tug upward while still keeping your finger on the down button. Sucks the cork right out like magic. Then you press the up button to extract the cork from the opener. I keep it charged all the time, as it's easy on the wrist rather than trying to open a bottle with a manual opener. It has been used for a year now and is still going good! This opener does not work very well with synthetic corks, you will have to use the manual opener for them as they need firmer pressure.

If you drink wine regularly, or serve wine at parties this is a must have. If used the right way it eliminates the problem of broken corks and the effort involved in trying to get the cork out from a wine bottle.

I am using the chiller as a cooking spoon/ladle holder as it's a heavy base and looks good in my kitchen.
on May 1, 2017
bit cumbersome to follow the directions, still not impressed with the cork removal. After having it for 6 months or so, totally useless in my opinion. Getting the cork screw to go into the cork is no problem, but it's practically impossible to pull it out, since the diameter of the unit is rather thick and the one time, causing the bottle to "fly" across the floor spilling wine everywhere. Better use a traditional manual corkscrew.
on April 28, 2017
The opener works very well, I have opened several bottles now without issue. The Chiller also works well, we haven't put it in the fridge or freezer just placed the chilled bottle in it and it kept it chilled very well. Very happy with both of these.
on December 26, 2016
Admittedly, buying one's self a toy is gauche, but it looked sweet and the reviews appeared positive. I used it once, carefully holding it perpendicular to the cork. After an awkward grinding like sound and a tug It felt wrong. I backed it out and beheld a cork destroyed at a 45% angle and what appeared to be a little sensor with a wire attached, jammed into the side. Using my electrical engineering background, I deduced that I shouldn't be seeing any wires in a precision device. Santa, please make some oenophile toy happy on your Isle of misfit devices and give him/her this gift.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this item for my aunt who is getting older but still enjoys drinking wine every now and then. This item is two fold and is great for any wine drinker.

With it being a cordless wine opener you can relax and let this device do the work for you. Instead of trying to have to pry a tough bottle of wine open, this device will take care of it. You don't have to worry about spillage, possibly staining clothing or carpet and worry about tools or pulling a muscle.

Next it is a wine chiller, so you can enjoy the bottle of wine at a good temperature.

I'm not much of a wine drinker but the portable seems important. Being able to take this indoors or outdoors and just relax or chat with friends seems like something valuable.
on February 17, 2017
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday last year (March 2016). We drink 1-2 bottles of wine on average daily and use this opener EVERY time. No issues whatsoever! I would absolutely recommend this item to everyone who drinks wine. It's convenient and easy to use. The chiller has been nice as well and it's great for using outside on a nice day. Large bottles fit perfectly and stay chilled. We add a little ice and water when putting the smaller bottles into it to assist in keeping those chilled.

If it ever breaks I will replace it with the same item.
on January 28, 2016
Bought over 40 of these as part of gifts baskets my company gave out. So many recipients made comments of how much they loved this. I also received several comments from employees who saw them in my office and mentioned that they had this product at home and how much they liked it. Seems like everyone who uses this is a big fan.
on February 12, 2017
I had one of these openers for years, and was happy with it. When this came, it had instructions for the opener, but nothing mentioning the chiller. The chiller does NOT seem to chill. The opener broke in a month. Every other order in my history has a "return or replace", but not this one!
on September 4, 2017
The charging port and the chiller work awesome. The actual device is easy to get on the bottles but it's tricky to get off becusse there's no actual leverage in which to help pull? Idk it's strange for me. If it wasn't a gift I wouldn't buy it for myself again
on August 10, 2011
I bought this back in March 2010 and it's worked like a charm ever since. It is, without question the easiest wine bottle opener I have ever used. Peel off the foil with the foil cutter, put opener on bottle, press down on the lower part of the button on the side, wait for the motor to stop, take off the opener, Press the upper part of the button, the motor stops when the cork comes out. Seriously, a chimpanzee can do it! No broken corks, no pulling, no tugging. The person who created this handy little item is a genius.

UPDATE: March 2017 Here it is seven years later and the opener finally died. Not bad. By the way, in spite of what others have mentioned, it worked just fine with plastic corks and well and real corks.