Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on January 11, 2018
Bought this as a gift for my arthritic mother. It functions great, looked lovely on her counter, but sadly was ultimately too difficult for her to function. We will, unfortunately, be returning this and forever be buying her screwtop bottles :|
on February 4, 2015
Initially thought it was broken after a couple of uses, but turned out a cork had split inside - took a few seconds to dislodge it, and everything is back to normal. I leave it in the charger, so can't speak of battery life. For those that are challenged by a normal corkscrew I find this hard to beat.
We've opened many bottles without any further issues. The cooler is lovely - crush up some ice and have your white kept cool all evening. Looks great in a formal setting too.
on September 5, 2017
Was a holiday gift for someone who drinks wine. They seemed to like it very much and think it was very cool.
on December 2, 2016
Nice looking unit and it does the job well. Powerful enough for the tightest corks.
on January 14, 2018
Great item! Works very well. Very easy to open any wine bottle
on February 23, 2013
Got this for Christmas for a grandmother who is starting to struggle with opening a bottle of wine. The rechargeable base looks great in the kitchen. You put one end over the end of the bottle, press the button, and it winds the cork up into the unit. Press the button again to extract it and it kind of "poops" it out. We laugh every time it does it. It's actually funny and enjoyable to watch. The elegant styling make it a great purchase and my mom couldn't be happier with it. She's been using it for 2 months now going through a bottle every 2-3 days so it's gotten plenty of use. Still working like the day we took it out of the box. Recommend recharging it for a full day. Battery life is great since we haven't seen an end to this one and my mom loves wine so it's been a great gift. Can highly recommend it if you want to add a little class to wine drinking for the one you love.
on July 25, 2016
Ordered for a birthday present a couple of months ago, it was packed and wrapped until the birthday day, plugged in to charge it didn't work, and after weeks charging It didn't work one single time! It never charged, the red light on the base indicates it is plug in but the top light never turned on and it never charge. Tried to return it but it already passed the one month warranty?!! Waste of money!
on September 26, 2017
Much easier than using conventional opener.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I purchased this set about 5 years ago and have used it over those 5 years pretty frequently. It works very well, even on synthetic corks, in my experience. It's fast and easy to use.

My two complaints after several years of use: the opener has never really held a charge... after a bottle or two it's done. I'm surprised to read the reviews of people opening 30 bottles. Perhaps I just got a "dud"... also, the plastic on mine has become very sticky. At first I just assumed some wine spilled on it at a party, but I've scrubbed it thoroughly and I now think that the plastic is somehow degrading... very strange.

A nice gift and a good convenience but I do wonder if there's a better option out there. If I were to do it again, I'd shop around and compare models.

Hope this helps.
on December 7, 2013
I love this!
I am a arm amputee, who wanted to drink wine without fighting the cork!

It is so easy to use. It came quickly as promised!