- File Size: 472 KB
- Print Length: 148 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Connie Suttle (November 24, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 24, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GWP09YO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #350,405 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Other Worldly Ways (Anthology 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
● “Solstice Trials” - *The fiery redhead Devin finalizes her training by Crane and Dragon by going to Falchan to compete in the annual Solstice trials, which is a competition of swordmastery. This is tied for my favorite story in the anthology. Many fans want to know more about the mysterious famous Warlord and his General, as well as Falchan, and they'll be happy with this short story!
● “Merrill’s Turning” - This is a quick take on the events leading up to Merrill becoming a vampire, including who and what he surprisingly was as a human. You also, by association, learn more about Wlodek, including his real name.
● “M’Fiyah” - Another brief story about Merrill, showing how he first saw Kiarra and knew he'd have to wait for her, explaining why he turned Lissa down before even meeting her.
● “Tracking Merrill” - This is a longer tale about one of Adam Chessman’s missions while serving under Wlodek as his Chief of Enforcers, so set pretty far back as the history of her books go. The Seer, Xavier, sends him after Merrill to kill him. Joey Showalter is told to help him, but has unknown skills and a different agenda. Merrill’s old friend from the Saa Thalar lets him know and gives him a hand.
● “Bladework” - *This is my third best favorite story in the anthology. It’s set after Kiarra has finally mated Merrill and Pheligar, in addition to Adam. Her adopted son Mack asks for her help as First of the Saa Thalar and more importantly, her skill with swords, in order to help out his dad with a challenge. It’s interesting to see how the relationship dynamic has changed, as well as how much her mates care for her, to the point of being worried when she's gone. Even when upset with her, they treat her right. (Some of Reah’s and Lissa’s mates could take lessons!) Very cute and funny story!
● “Cottage” - I absolutely hated this story, and not because it wasn't set in the same universe as the rest. It’s basically a story about the revenge of vegetation.
● “Linked” - Here is a story about Conner on Earth in her pre-Guardian days, when she's “just” a human with special psychic powers. We get a better understanding of what her gifts entail, and she uses her powers to help police find a murderer. Note that the story “How I Met Your Mother” mentioned in the preceding notes don't appear in the books mentioned (last time I checked) but do appear in the sequel anthology to this one.
● “Bodyguard” - We have seen it mentioned in several books that Glinda worked as Erland’s bodyguard before she became the Queen of Kifirin. Here we finally get to read about it! This is how they met and her first real challenge on the job. And boy are they different when younger- it’s almost like reading about two different characters! Both are almost the opposite of the older selves we are familiar with. Erland is temperamental and blunt, not the suave and smooth diplomat we are used to. Glinda, interestingly, is wonderfully assertive, confident, and independent- not the submissive, timid, boring creature she is later as Jayd’s wife.
● “Cancellation” - This was tied for my least favorite story in the book. It’s a confusing blend of Mayan doomsday prophecy told from the viewpoint of deity, with God and Jesus arguing, and God hiding the updated story about the fall of our race. I was completely lost regarding its point, if it had one, or its supposed commentary.
● “Saving Pheran Tiger” - *This is the other story that ties for my favorite story. It takes place sometime after “Solstice Trials”. Devin returns to Falchan, in order to bring back Pheran to join the Saa Thalar- but only after she helps him complete his mission there. In doing so, she meets up again with Dragon. Along the way, she fights raiders, blood warlock’s, and Iver’s brat. She returns with Pheran- and two mementos of her trip. This story shows more about how the Saa Thalar recruit and work using natural talents and not powers that would alert the Ra’ak (always wondered about that).
Connie writes fantastic stories, that cover a wide range of paranormal's and worlds. The brilliance of that would be enough for most authors, but she also self publishes. Awesome.
The world building in all her stories is so full you feel as if you are there.
That in the end, or beginning they are all 1 story and 1 world, just goes to show her genius.
This anthology is brilliant. Filled with short stories, that act like grout, add to and hold together the big picture/story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Anthologies & Literature Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories