- Size (LWH): 7.5 inches, 4.25 inches, 1.5 inches
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
OtterBox Armor Series Waterproof Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Neon (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$18.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Waterproof up to 6.6 ft. for 30 minutes and drop proof up to 10 ft.
- Dust proof allowing zero entry of dust and crush proof up to 2 tons
- Absolute protection for device use in extreme conditions: The Toughest Case Ever Built
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OtterBox Armor Series Waterproof Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Neon (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||World Class Inc.||BREED||Electronics Club||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Phone Models||Apple iPhone 5||Iphone 5/5s||Iphone 5c||Apple iPhone 5|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Absolute protection for extreme living
Apple can do no wrong and the iPhone 5 is testament that they can make something great even greater. The iPhone 5 with all of its amazing features and functions gives us many reasons to never let it go. Now we can keep this device on hand in everything we do thanks to the Armor Series case from OtterBox. This case is engineered to provide absolute protection for every type of use in any environment.
Designed with heavy use and occasional abuse in mind, the Armor Series is a beyond-rugged case intended to enable mobile technology use in extreme environments. The reinforced exterior of this incredible case is complemented by interior and exterior bumpers to absorb impact and deflect it away from the device inside. Ready for action, this case tolerates submersion underwater up to 6.6 ft. for 30 minutes and survives falls up to 10 ft. to concrete. And should the need present itself, the Armor Series tolerates up to 2 tons of crushing force. Confidently take your mobile technology with you on every adventure knowing it’s protected.
OtterBox Armor Series for iPhone 5.
- All features and functions of the iPhone 5 are fully accessible through the Armor Series case
- The Armor Series case is waterproof, drop proof, dust proof and crush proof
- A lanyard is included and attaches to the inner shell for convenient carrying
Otterbox Case Features
|# OF LAYERS:||PROTECTS AGAINST:||INCLUDES:|
- The Armor Series case is made for confidence and provides absolute protection in any environment
- High-strength reinforced plastic withstands crushing forces up to two tons
- Exterior and interior over-molded bumpers protect corners and edges from impact
- Soft interior silicone provides a cushioned, custom fit and absorbs shock
- Built-in screen protector is bonded to the case and guards against scratches and scrapes to the glass display
- Corrosion-resistant latches lock the case together and are easy to open and close
- Non-permeable membranes cover vents allowing sound to flow through while keeping harmful elements out
- Included lanyard makes for easy carrying and helps keep the device from getting lost
- The Armor Series case has been tested to perform at these parameters, but results may vary:
- 6.6 ft. underwater for 30 minutes (when charging port or headphone jack are in use, the case is not waterproof)
- 10 ft. drop
- 0 entry of dust and debris
- 2 tons of crushing force
Top Customer Reviews
That is not the reason, however, why I rated this 3 stars. The instructions are a little unclear on where someone would put the small string piece. It also says to test your case out without your phone in it. When I did the test, it sadly started leaking at the right top corner in less than a minute. (NOTE: make sure to dry off the case really good if water gets in because it will fog the screen up on the inside.) I called Otterbox (purchased it directly from them) and they are willing to send me a replacement which is on the way here as I type this. I'm only giving them a second chance because I loved their Defender Series and the people working there were super nice and helpful. The sound quality is great for me. No one noticed a sound difference from calls in my switch from Defender to Armor cases. By chance, I discovered something else that is not good about this case. The front camera looks foggy and whited out, but the back camera is normal. The metal pieces seem a little flimsy because I can move mine back and forth. Now, this is my experience with my case. My case could be just a defective one so I'll update when I get my new one in.
Defender series vs Armor Series
If you are looking for a case that is more appealing to the eye, go with the Defender series. Armor series is very bulky and the colors are limited and a little dull (I have the arctic color.). Armor series will give you the better protection though because the phone will not bounce around in the case; it has a pretty tight fit.Read more ›
I bought this case because I work construction, a backpacker and I am around dust and rain all the time. I need a case that can handle the rugged elements that I am in and still allow the case to function properly. I have to say that the case functions like they advertise but that doesn't mean much. I have had it for a week and I am wanting to return it. There are more cons to this case then there are positive sides. Here is what I have observed.
1. MAIN PORT SOUND QUALITY The most important negative to this phone is the sound quality out of the earpiece. Every time I get a call I try and turn it up because its so muffled and it sounds like the other person is in a bathroom. I end up talking really loud to try and make up for what I can't hear. The person on the other end always say I am yelling. When I take the phone out of the case the call quality is great and even too loud at times. Speakerphone works great but when you don't want everyone hearing your conversations, you can't even hear the conversation yourself.
2. HOME BUTTON The sleep button on the top of the phone works great unlike some cases out there but the home button on this phone is darn near impossible to push. I end up pushing it like 3 times every time I try and push it. You have to mash it really hard in order to get any response from your phone.
3. CAMERA LENS DESIGN The case wasn't designed to the specs of the camera very well. If you look at the camera and LED flash they don't even sit where they are on the case. they are off a couple of millimeters. Somethings not quite right with that.
4. SCREEN PROTECTOR The screen drives me crazy. The screen on the case doesn't quite sit flat on the screen.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's very hard to hear when on the phone. Have to take out of case to make phone callsPublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
It was a little difficult to open and charger cord doesn't fit to charge with case but so far doing it's job as being very indestructible.Published 6 days ago by Jacquelyn Willhite
Passed the water test. Too bad Otterbox discontinued these. I would like on for my iPhone 6s Plus. Read morePublished 6 days ago by b-law
I still have this, my Iphone looks brand new, been dropped several times and no problemoPublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Solid box but materials scratch and wear very quickly. I like the hinged opening. The charger holes are too narrow to accept a plug so I had to carve them out rendering the... Read morePublished 8 days ago by G. Robinson
Bulky. Klunky. Heavy. Does the job tho if you don't mind the weight & size.Published 12 days ago by S.R. Rochester, NY