- Size (LWH): 5.2 inches, 2.71 inches, 0.28 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Motorola RAZR MAXX HD - Retail Packaging - Black
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Slim, multi-layer protective case provides added protection against drops and bumps
- Port covers block entry of dust and debris while the sleek form factor makes this case pocket-friendly
- Never miss a call, email or text while on-the-go with this tough case wrapped around your device
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Motorola RAZR MAXX HD - Retail Packaging - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AlphaDailyDeals||Whale Deals||Amazon.com||Supreme Suppliers|
|Compatible Phone Models||Motorola Razr Maxx HD||Motorola Razr Maxx HD||DROID MAXX||Motorola Razr HD|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
My main problem is that the wraparound edge on the screen side is too deep and instrusive. Some overall bulk was expected but I can't help feeling that this is just an innefficient design flaw. I have a hard time using the touchscreen around the edges. I almost need a stylus now. It also seems unnecessarily bulky on the front, adding a 3mm lip all the way around the screen. That alone increases the total depth of the phone by 33%. Add another 3-4mm on the back (the case tapers slightly from top to bottom on the back) and the phone has almost doubled in size. And this is the commuter version. I shudder to think about how massive the Defender series might be.
Another advertised feature is the dust protection. This is half true. The headphone jack has a cover flap and the side buttons are covered but there is no protection at all for the USB or HDMI slots. I really don't understand why not. I thought, "Maybe it was intentional so you could use the motorola car dock?". Nope, it doesn't fit in the dock anyway.
The case also comes with a screen scratch protector... but it is not specific to the RAZR MAXX HD. In fact, it really only cover the touchscreen area but leaves small gaps on the sides and large gaps at the top and bottom. The screen protector does not have any overlap with the case itself. The spaces inbetween have become dust magnets within a day. The plastic used also seemingly magnifies and highlights fingerprints making them much more noticeable requiring me to clean the screen almost obsessively.Read more ›
- Fits like a glove. Very good fit and finish and attention to detail.
- Appears to provide excellent protection. Feels very solid and protective.
- Appearance is very business-like.
- Not too bulky or heavy.
- Volume and power buttons are covered by the rubber case, are easy to press and feel just right. My wife has the Defender case for her Droid RAZR Maxx HD and the buttons are very hard to press.
- Does not have a rubberized dust cover for the HDMI and USB ports. However, does have a cover for the headphone jack. Not quite sure why they made that decision. My wife has the Defender case for her RAZR Maxx HD and it does have a dust cover for all ports.
- Hard plastic shell is a bit too slippery in your hands.
- Lint gets trapped on the edges of the screen and it can be difficult to clean. This is probably true of all cases.
- Bottom corners are not fully protected by the hard plastic shell, but still probably offer enough protection.
- Case completely covers the Motorola logo.
I switched to this case last year after my OtterBox Defender case start to get overly stretched. The Commuter comes in two pieces: a rubber piece that fits over the phone case and a harder plastic piece that fits over the rubber piece. Both pieces fit the RAZR MAXX HD like they're made for it (duh...), with all of the correct buttons and holes in the correct place. It's also very solidly built, and once assembled correctly - on the correct phone - will withstand casual drops without issue. I've dropped my phone onto hard floors from four, five, and even six feet without issue.
Since the outer shell is hard plastic, unlike the Defender, it's a little less grippy, but it slips into and out of pockets much easier. The Commuter also adds significantly less bulk to the Razr Maxx HD.
While I'm sure there are other cases that are as good, I suspect you'd be hard pressed to find one that's actually better. This is a great case. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect fit on the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD. Arrived on a Sunday! Great service.Published 4 days ago by P. Lanpher
Long time fan, First time reviewer.
Love the otterbox line for all my devices.
Durable and protective, slim to fit in the pocket and smooth as to not get caught on... Read more
My daughter likes her case. It is easy to get to the buttons and charging her phone.Published 2 months ago by E Caldwell