OtterBox Commuter Case for Nokia E71x (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The OtterBox Commuter Series case for the Nokia E71 offers the best of both worlds; incorporating elements from the rugged Defender Series line with the silicone, skin-like Impact Series line to create a slick case designed with your style in mind. It's protection without the bulk. The exposed silicone corners dissipate impact away from the device for additional bump and shock protection and the smooth outer layer allows the case to easily slide into your pocket or purse. All buttons are fully functional through the case and the audio jack and USB port are accessible through silicone plugs. Includes - Self-adhering clear protective film, microfiber cleaning cloth and installation card This case will fit both the E71 and E71x Nokia models Unit Dimensions - 4.65 x 2.42 x 0.61, Weight - 0.79 oz.
Top customer reviews
This case solves both problems. The silicone protects the phone nicely, while the plastic "shell" provides reinforcement increasing the protection and giving it a very solid feel. With the plastic shell, the silicone fits tightly, and one can insert the phone in one's pocket without much problem. None of the keys on the keyboard are obstructed, all of the buttons and ports work just fine with this case on. I happened to drop the phone for the first time this week on a concrete basement floor, and the case did it's job! Phone is working just fine with no damage/scratches.
The only issues I have with this case are:
- I would like a little more of the silicon to be revealed on the back of the case to help prevent sliding off of tables, desks, etc.
- The area along the upper-left side near the memory card slot/USB port and the screen is a little bit too thin and makes me wonder if this will rip off eventually. I think there is plenty of room to increase the material here while sill allowing for access to these ports.
1. The plastic protector screen is crystal clear. I realized this after recalling how the screen looked with the original plastic covering.
2. The case's plastic protrusion over the power button at the top right of the phone makes turning the phone off and on 100% easier for me. The original red power button on the phone seems to need a fingernail or a pen to press the button. I did try holding a fingertip over the red button to see if it had a heat sensor to turn on, but that never seemed to happen!
1. Lack of instructions, but I figured things out.
2. The little card to spread the air bubbles out of the protector screen seemed to scratch the protector. But that is irrelevant when number 3 is read.
3. The glued on tab that is to be removed after the screen is put onto the phone was glued on too well. I pulled the tab off best I could when I realized it was stuck on too well. The glue/paper stuck on the protector screen. I used butter, Goo Gone, and Dawn dish washing liquid, three rounds of them to get the glue/paper off the screen, while trying to keep the liquids off the main phone parts. I finally rubbed the remaining glue with my finger tip to one side of the protector. Then I used a soft cloth to rub the remaining glue off. That procedure took me at least 10 minutes. I was ready to return the product because of that problem, but the protector seems clear now, with tiny bits of glue goo visible at the right side.
The Otterbox Cummuter Case was cheap enough to warrant buying another just for the screen, if other screens sold are not as good, as I often read about different brands in reviews. But, I wonder if the northern Minnesota near-zero weather caused the label to stick. UPS trucks are not heated, and I need to be careful what I order in the winter up here, by any shipping method.
I wonder if any other people had stuck labels.
The only negative I can say is my Nokia E71x, the ATT version, (same as Nokia E71) is super flat, which I wanted (for my pocket) and this adds a little bulk, but worth the bulk because it's easier to hold and comfortable.
It also comes with a screen protector and a tool to help install it. I've purchased a few screen protectors in the past that claimed to be clear and now realize they were nowhere near clear. This screen protector is perfectly clear.
After scouring the web for a case, I'm glad I found Otterbox. In my opinion this kit is absolutely perfect.