OtterBox Commuter Series Case for iPhone 12 Pro Max - Black (77-65927)
|Form Factor||Basic Case|
|Compatible Phone Models||IPhone 12 Pro Max|
About this item
- compatible with iphone 12 pro max
- lasting antimicrobial technology helps protect case exterior against many common bacteria it does not protect you or the screen
- case is infused with silver-based additive that continually blocks microbial growth
- thin profile slips in and out of pockets with soft inner and hard outer layers absorb and deflect impacts, open access to ports and speakers
- includes otterbox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details) and 100% authentic
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Defender Series||Commuter Series||Symmetry Series||Symmetry Clear Series||Prefix Series||Performance Screen Protector|
|Color assortment||Solids, Realtree||Two-tone solid colors||Solids and fun designs||Clear and fun, clear designs||Clear, Black||Clear fortified glass|
|Layers||Multi-layer case||Two-layer case||One-piece, dual-material case||One-piece, dual-material case||Ultra-thin, one-piece case||Comes with easy install tool|
|Dust protection around port covers||✓|
|Works with OtterBox Screen Protectors (sold separately)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Life on the go just got a lot easier with Commuter Series. From professional to casual, Commuter Series is a trusted favorite. Featuring a soft internal slipcover and a rigid external shell, Commuter Series keeps your phone safe from day-to-day drops and scrapes. Additionally, a silver-based antimicrobial additive is integrated into the case that helps inhibit microbial growth and defends the case exterior against many common bacteria. Weaving the additive into the case materials ensures it keeps protecting your case 24/7/365 and outlasts heavy use. Commuter Series equips your phone with a sleek exterior that slips in and out of pockets and added grip for confident handling. Go about your life with confidence your case is protected against bacteria and your phone is protected against drops.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Too thick for my existing Qi wireless chargers including the one in my truck. It won’t connect with this case on period.
2. The swipe up action (virtual home button) is very close to the bottom edge of the screen. This case has a tall sharp edge that’s way too close to where I need to swipe and it interferes.
3. It’s huge. Like putting a brick in my pocket but this is kinda expected from some bigger cases like Otterbox Defenders.
NOTE: I thought my XS Max Otterbox was a Commuter, but apparently it’s an Otterbox Symmetry which was slim, sleek, and perfect.
4. The edges are kind of sharp/rough. It’s not comfortable in my hand. Again, the Otterbox Symmetry on my XS Max was perfect.
On the other hand, the Commuter is rugged. Goes on easily. Buttons operate smoothly and will probably last forever.
UPDATE: I just received an Otterbox Symmetry for my 12 Pro Max and it’s perfect. It’s still a bit finicky on one of my wireless chargers (must be positioned exactly right), but the look and feel is excellent. See photo with the red arrow for the Symmetry (installed) next to the Commuter that I had just removed to return.
Pros: Great protection, relatively thin, wireless charging possible, and easy to pull out of pocket and hold.
Cons: Buttons are hard to press
I asked them to provide the backshell thickness, a specification often quoted by QI wireless charger vendors, i.e < 4mm. I intended to find a charger that could charge through a distance thicker that the case.
It took six exchanges with six different agents before they admit that they don’t have that spec and can’t get it! I would give them a zero for support if i could.