|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 5 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||APL4-T4GXX-B9-E4OTR|
|Number of Items||1|
OtterBox Commuter Series Case for iPod touch 4G - Red/Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Access to all buttons and features
- Silicone plugs provide coverage for ports
- Includes a self-adhering protective film
- Fits iPod touch 4G
- Self-adhering clear protective film
- Durable silicone mid-layer
- 1-piece custom molded polycarbonate shell
- Access to all side button features
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Defender case is a very protective case. However, it is very bulky. The Commuter is very smooth and sleek. The buttons on the case are very responsive, and the outer plastic cover looks awesome.
2. The built-in screen protector on the Defender case reduces the clarity of the iPod Touch screen. The screen protector that comes with the Commuter maintains the great resolution of the iPod Touch.
3. The flaps on the bottom of the Defender case are very unattractive and made my iPod look sloppy whenever the USB charging cord or headphones were connected. The flaps on the bottom of the Commuter case are sturdier, and actually stay in place most of the time.
4. The large size of the Defender case causes it not to fit in my external speaker system. However, the Commuter case is smaller and thinner, and can be docked in my speaker system.
5. Last but not least, the two color design of the Commuter case makes it more attractive than the Defender.
Overall, if you are willing to accept slightly less protection, the Otterbox Commuter case is a better case than the Defender.
I flipped my SUV in a violent wreck two days ago. It stopped completely upside-down. Luckily no one was seriously injured, although my vehicle is now totaled.
Long story short, this case was on my iPod touch when it was thrown from my vehicle during the crash. It landed about 20 feet away from my SUV, on the pavement.
My iPod survived! There is a small crack in the plastic corner of the case itself, but otherwise, everything's good! my iPod works perfectly, just as it did before the crash.
If that's not enough of a testimony for ya, I don't know what is. I love this case.
I will put up pics of the minimal damage.
It could definitely be improved, both in terms of protection (it actually makes it easier to slide the iPod off of a table!) and in terms of quality (mostly the way the fact that it's not a tight fit.)
Still, it gets the job done, and doesn't add too much bulk to the ipod. For the price, though, it really should be better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really liked the unique design for this case because it kept my iPod from looking too bulking. I did have trouble putting the case on, had issues with the silicone not wanting to... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Xerellise
I don't have this iPod any longer, but this Otterbox case did the job! While I had the iPod 4th gen, this case never came off the unit except for cleaning, and the iPod looked... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Jimmy
I have had this case for a few years. It has survived several drops and falls, including a off a 12 ft. ladder, had has held strong. No damage to my iPod at all. Read morePublished 20 months ago by zkowalski
I have bought several of these cases for use in my classroom (different colors) and they are awesome. Will buy again if I need to.Published 21 months ago by Jane Hoeweler
Well built case, and it protects very well. The only thing I didn't like is that dust and lint stick to the rubber very easily.Published 21 months ago by David Berglund
Overrated and expensive it tear apart after 4 months of using it as protection for my ipod.Published 21 months ago by TechScavenger