|Screen Size||9.7 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.50 shipping
+ $5.75 shipping
OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Retail Packaging - BLACK
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- May not be compatible with 30-pin to Lightning Adapters or non-Apple branded USB to Lightning cables.
- Robust silicone - durable and absorbs impact force
- Built-in screen protector - simplifies installation, protects from scratches and is easy to clean
- Engineered design is inspired by the new iPad - ergonomics accommodate natural use
- Aesthetics - textures and styling in combination with high quality materials create an attractive protective solution
- Port protection with complete access to all functions through case - blocks dust and debris from ports which lengthens the life of the device
- Compatible with the new iPad 3 and iPad 2 - the case is a natural extension of the refined technical beauty of the device
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Retail Packaging - BLACK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||World Class Inc.||Seller1ON1||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Phone Models||Apple iPad 2||Apple iPad 2||ipad2/3/5||Apple iPad Air (iPad 5)|
|Color||BLACK||White/Gray||Black||Glacier - White/Grey|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Made for Adventure
The iPad is worthy of protection from the most rugged Defender Series case. Because your iPad is not just a tablet, it deserves more than just a case — it deserves the multi-layer protection that the Defender Series delivers.
The Defender Series for the iPad draws inspiration from customers with an active lifestyle or who subject their tablets to heavy use or harsh environments. Its robust, three-layer design withstands dust, drops and bumps, making the Defender Series the industry leader for its protective qualities. From a drop onto the asphalt to a toss across your living room by a temper tantrum throwing toddler, we’ve thought of all of those “worst case scenarios” when designing the Defender Series.
The Defender Series
The internal layer is a solid polycarbonate structure that completely encases the iPad.
The built-in screen protector guards against smudges and scratches on the glass display.
The outer impact absorbing layer wraps around the solid inner shell.
A shield stand is included for extra protection and a stand for typing and viewing.
- Rugged protective case that is made for adventure
- 3-layer case withstands drops, bumps, shock
- Built-in screen protector prevents scratches
- Port covers keep out dust and debris
- Integrated shield stand fits on both front and back of case
- Shield stand supports viewing in portrait and landscape angles and accommodates a natural typing angle
OtterBox Defender Series for iPad 2, 3, 4 Features
Versatile Device Stand
Self-Adhesive Screen Protector
Finding the Right OtterBox Case
| ||Armor Series||Defender Series (This Product)||Commuter Series||Reflex Series||Prefix Series||Pursuit Series|
|Number of Layers|
- Weight: 15.84 oz. / 449.06 g
- Dimensions (case only): 9.90 in. x 7.73 in. x 0.72 in. / 251.47 mm x 196.64 x 18.36 mm
- Dimensions (case and shield stand): 10.26 in x 8.08 in x 1.14 in / 260.55 mm x 205.13 mm x 18.36 mm
Top Customer Reviews
When I first opened it, I was a bit confused as to how to get it apart so I could put it on my iPad. There are picture directions on the box (no written instructions), but they are vague so I had to work a bit get it taken apart. The silicone part is more firm (not as pliable or flexible) than the one for the original iPad and I think I prefer it. The hard case snaps together at a few points where the original one just slid together. It feels more steady and protective. I also like the built-in screen protector rather than relying on having a stick-on screen protector (those are a pain to put on and I always end up with a small speck of something stuck under the protector).
Once I got it all put together, I really like the feel of it; it's pretty solid. The cover for this case snaps on more securely than the original one did so I like that as well. The cover would pop off my original iPad way too easily.
Another thing I like on the new one is the cover for the dock connector.Read more ›
This new case has several improvements and they are noticeable because we own an iPad 2 and the older style Otterbox Defender case. The improvements in my opinion are:
* The lid of the new case has four robust hard plastic corners that firmly lock around and onto the corners of the Defender case itself. This provides better protection from dropping the iPad on a fragile corner and the lid is snapped onto the case more securely than the last model.
* The lid contains two magnets so that when you snap it onto the case for carrying it puts the iPad into sleep mode and when you remove the lid the iPad is instantly turned on. The old case did not have this feature.
* The new case has a built in screen protector and the original had a separate screen protector. The new screen protector has a pixilation effect when compared to using the New iPad retina display without a screen cover. Without the cover the picture is absolutely perfect and with the cover you can see the micro granulation of the plastic material. It is ever so slight but it is there and this aspect of the screen protector needs improvement. I like the fact that the screen protector is built in but I hate losing display quality because the wrong material was selected for the protector.Read more ›
Items Ordered Price
1 of: OtterBox Defender Series for The New iPad 3 3rd Generation & iPad 2 - Black [Personal Computers]
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free
Item(s) Subtotal: $30.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total Before Tax: $30.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total for This Shipment: $30.99
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very sturdy case. fit perfectly! Still using it to this dayPublished 2 days ago by Chikezie Alvarez
This is a great product so protective.
The cover is extremely durable and fits the iPad perfectly. Screen protector works very well. Read more
The Otter Box I ordered was exactly what I expected. I had used them before and knew how they worked. Read morePublished 6 days ago by StereoFan
Love it, we took camping trip out west and my I pad was treated ruff in truck and it kept it clean and protected! So glad I bought it!!!!Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great protection for our iPad. Our kids had broken our screen so after it was fixed we wanted to protect it. Great valuePublished 9 days ago by b PEARCE