Consider these available items
OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for iPhone SE (1st gen - 2016) and iPhone 5/5s - Frustration Free Packaging - BLACK
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Compatible Phone Models||Apple iPhone 5, Apple iPhone 5S|
About this item
- Compatible with iPhone SE (1st gen - 2016) and iPhone 5/5s
- Robust, 3-layer protective case, with a built-in screen protector, withstands scratches, drops, bumps and shock
- Belt-clip holster included that doubles as a kickstand for hands-free media viewing
- Port covers keep out dust and debris - May not be compatible with 30-pin to Lightning Adapters or non-Apple branded USB to Lightning cables
- Includes OtterBox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details) and 100% authentic
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Defender Series for iPhone 5/5s/SE (1st Gen))
#1 Most Trusted Brand in Cell Phone Case Protection*
Protecting Your Mobile World
Building protective cases is what we do at OtterBox. Every case we make delivers premium quality and ultimate protection.
*Source: The NPD Group/Consumer Tracking Service, 2012-2015
Defend your device from drops, dirt and daily adventures
Defender Series for iPhone 5/5s/SE (1st Gen)
Defender Series for iPhone 5/5s/SE (1st Gen) combines three ultra-tough layers, including a built-in touchscreen protector, to guard your device against the drops, dirt, scrapes and bumps of daily device use. Plus, the included holster gives you the quick draw on calls and converts into a convenient stand to watch your movies, use your apps or get caught up on work emails. Defender Series is designed to take the punishment, so your iPhone 5/5s/SE (1st Gen) doesn’t have to.
- Drop Protection
- Dust Protection
- Screen Protection
- 3-Layer Protection
- Easy On/Off Functionality
- Included Holster
Defender Series is your device’s first line of defense against drops, falls, impacts and the rugged world outside.
Compare with similar items
The moment your iPhone 5S arrives, unbox it and immediately OtterBox it. The OtterBox Defender Series for iPhone 5S Case provides rugged protection for your favorite possession.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
4/5/16 Update: My first case was sold by 'Joa Online' and I have determined was clearly a defective unit... (or possibly a fake). The texture on the outside case was completely different on the first case than the replacement. The replacement case (shipped from 'Amazon.com LLC') fits the iPhone SE tighter and there are no bubbles on the case screen protector. I have changed my rating from 1 star to 4 stars for this reason.
Edit: Okay so I've had the charger a little while longer now (4 months) so it's time for an update. Guess what? This case is exactly like when I bought it. The outside still clings to the phone and has not started peeling off, the screen looks fine and in general this case doesn't seem to show any signs of wear at all. I often drop my phone, sometimes on concrete, and this case has not let me down. I charge my phone everyday if not multiple times a day, so I am always pulling at that flap that goes over the charger. It still fits snugly back into place when I am done. This case seriously still looks brand new. I love OtterBox.
Other than that, so far so good for the case. I like that the touch button has a little rubber membrane which allows you to use touch id still, but seems to keep the phone clean. The screen itself shows little rainbow oily spots, but that's hardly noticeable when turned off and not noticeable at all when turned on. I'm a little worried about how long the port covers will last if I'm constantly opening them to charge the phone and plug in headphones. I'll update the review if anything fails, but so far I love the security this case gives because it protects the screen from dust, scratches, and falls.
1. The plastic inner lining does not fit perfectly with my phone and this causes plastic squeaking noises when held at the top part off the phone. This makes the case feels cheap.
2. The HOME button on the phone becomes harder to press when the phone is encased. This means the response of the button was inconsistent. At first I blamed on the phone itself, but when I removed it from the case, the HOME button was functioning fine. For some reasons, after a couple of days of use, the plastic cover on the case over the HOME button changed its properties and performance, causing the response of the HOME button of the phone to be intermittent.
3. The thick rubber covering the audio jack and the charging port can be a pain to open. And the lining right above them would not want to close properly, leaving a visible unattractive gap.
4. The sharp edge around the hole at the HOME button makes it uncomfortable to touch. And for i-Phones like this SE model, the HOME button is the most frequent use part of the phone.
What I like about this product:
1. Some aspects of the design. It would provide good protection for the phone. But the trade off is the difficulty in the process of removing the housing to gain access to the phone.
2. Good protection for the camera area. There's a thick padding between the contact surface and the camera's lens.
3. The holster with a belt clip that doubles as a kickstand. This feature is great. The case fits nicely and firmly in the holster.
Top reviews from other countries
Power skin is the only one that I have found that is Apple endorsed- a higher powered version from a different firm was in the bin after 2 days because Apple changed their algorithms. Powerskin is less powerful and more expensive than other charge units, but they have a seriously shirt shelf life- beware the next software update
NB Doesn't charge other phones once your phone is used to it.
Doesn't work if your phone is less than 20%