Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OtterBox Defender Series Protective Case for Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation), Black (with built-in screen protection)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on December 27, 2012
I received my Kindle Fire HD 7” Otterbox today and it fits like a glove! Very sturdy! I feel very comfortable now about popping the Kindle into my purse or letting the grandchildren having a go at it. Glad I didn’t pay attention the negative reviews by people who didn’t know what they were talking about. Note: Otterbox needs to post the instructions for installing the case on the Kindle Fire HD. The instructions included in the box were for a phone cover and it did take a few minutes to figure it out the Kindle case.
22 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
i have read some reviews where people are concerned about this product not being an authentic otterbox item. i can tell you it is in fact the real deal. i purchased 2 kindle fire 7" hds for my 2 children as xmas presents,while my children happen to be careful with thier toys i figured it cant hurt to have some extra protection. so i ordered them at the same time as the kindles knowing i more than likely wouldnt have bought them after they have been played with. so heres the break down: great product,offical otterbox item not a knock off,fits like a glove,has a great protective screen saver built in that cleans easily,all buttons and port are usable,no problems with speakers being covered,and as i have witnessed at least once it can take a drop. abit expensive but i think worth the investment if u are like me and want things to stay nice and working as long as possible. on a side note i also bought the kindle wall chargers and the square trade protection plans (for the kindles
)because they will mainly be used by my kids.
0Comment| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2013
Fourth time's a charm... I've been struggling to find the perfect Kindle cover. My criteria are protection, aesthetics, bulk and usability. OttorBox meets or exceeds most of them. It certainly protects well, as do all their products, though it does take a bit to figure out how to take it apart the first time you use it. It's blocky, but not awful to look at, though with the detachable stand it gets awful thick. I kept that for watching movies and whatnot, but doubt I'll use it much. Certainly I won't leave it attached all the time. Useability-wise, the speakers are uncovered and all the buttons and ports are readily accessible. The built in cover lets plenty of light through. The only common feature not found with other covers is the auto sleep/wake function, but I really don't mind pushing the on/off button instead. Of the four covers I've tried (Verso "Prologue" Standing Cover for Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Antique Tan (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9"),Marware MicroShell Folio Lightweight Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Black (only fits Kindle Fire HD 7"),Acase Kindle Fire HD Case - New Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch Tablet Cover / Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet Premium PU Leather Case with Flip Stand (BLACK) and OttorBox), this one's my favorite. Not perfect, but definitely good enough to keep. Now if they'd only make one for the Kindle Paperwhite 3G too...
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
I'm so happy to receive the Otterbox case today. It was a must have before my 6 year old could play with her Kindle Fire HD 7, so Christmas will be amazing for her after all. There are no other child friendly options out there; believe me, I searched the web for two days. Actually, it delayed my decision to purchase the Kindle Fire HD 7. Thank you Amazon for being the first to stock this item.
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2013
My mother in law got my children a kindle fire to share. I was worried it would be broken quickly by the toddler that has to do EVERYTHING his brothers do, but doesn't yet understand 'fragile'! I purchased the otterbox even though I felt it was a little expensive compared to other covers, but after receiving it and putting it on I am very relieved I went for it! This thing is like a tank, now I can let the kids take it places I never would without this intense of a cover, we just toss it in the diaper bag and go! The cover does not limit screen sesitivity or any other function. In fact, I think it makes it more user friendly for both the kids and I! Before the cover was on we had a little difficulty finding the buttons on the side because they were flush and smooth and blended in, but with the otter box on the buttons are slightly raised, but not over sensitive which I feel made an improvement! Overall we are very happy with the otterbox
on January 28, 2013
Just got it. Appears durable, rugged. You have two sturdy positions to prop and display your protected Kindle.

Only literature was a generic pamphlet advertising OtterBox the company. Pamphlet contained poor (airplane crash instruction quality) pictorial instructions on how to open the case and install the device.

It is simple, but requires some gentle force; remove the hard plastic cover, remove the rubber covering by opening the port covers and carefully pry the rubber cover off, pry the clam-shell apart (use the arrows to know where to apply pressure.

When you install the Kindle, make sure you have cleaned the screen and the inside surface of the OtterBox screen (you don't want to have to reopen this, lol).

Consider asking OtterBox to add more explanation or better pictures to the instructions.
on March 23, 2013
This product was a great buy for my young teen to protect the kindle from dropping and general abuse.
Recently we have been having issues if the kindle is used for a long period it will create overheating. I literally have to put the kindle in the fridge to get it back to life.
Not a fan since this is an expensive buy. It could be a default in the kindle as well but since I have removed the kindle from this box I've had no issues. Unfortunately now my kindle is unprotected. They need to improve this product to allow it to breathe is some sort of manner.
on January 15, 2013
This case is more than just a case but a device that will secure your Kindle and keep it secure for life!! I generally would say that this is very expensive item to purchase for "just" a case, but this is not "just" a case it is what will keep you Kindle alive if you should drop it! This is made in such a way that I frankly needed instructions how to take it apart and place my Kindle inside. With the UTUBE Video I followed along and found that it was more simple than it looked and it is OUTSTANDING without a doubt! I would highly recommend this case to anyone old or young who wants to protect their Kindle from destruction!

The purchase of the Kindle Fire HD 7 and the Otterbox has been the best purchases I have made in a long time.

The Amazon Tech Support are a group of people who are absolutely courteous, considerate, and takes their time to assist you no matter what problems you may run into trying to solve.
on January 9, 2013
Exactly what I was looking for, and I received it 2 days after ordering. The case fits perfectly and there isn't any effect on touch screen sensitivity due to the cover, something that I was worried about. There is complete access to all ports and plenty of space for the vents. I definitely feel like my kindle fire hd is protected by this case.
on December 21, 2012
The person who wrote the reviews stating that otterbox doesn't make this is not telling the truth. They may not have it available on the otterbox website, but it is available through amazon because I have two of them sitting in front of my right now. I just received them today. They are well made and I am happy with my purchase. So, if you want an otterbox for your HD 7" then you CAN get it from Amazon. Merry Christmas everyone and celebrate the birth of the Saviour of the world the Lord Jesus Christ!!
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse