Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G, 3GS (Black)[..." and save 53% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G, 3GS (Black)[Retail Packaging]
|Price:||$39.99 + $4.50 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clear Polycarbonate Sheet Prevents Screen Scratches, Bumps & Cracks
- Tough Polycarbonate Skeleton Offers Crushproof Protection
- Silicone Skin Absorbs Bumps & Shock
- All Functions Remain Fully Usable
- Includes Holster-Style Belt
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
The Otterbox For Apple Iphone 3G Defender Series Case Is Stylish And Slim In Design/ While Still Offering Unparalleled Protection Against Harmful Drops/ Bumps/ Shocks/ Scratches/ Dings And Dust.
Protect your technology investment when your budget is already tight with the ruggedized OtterBox Defender case for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The Defender series offers a fully interactive case that enables complete usability of the iPhone's touchscreen and access to all buttons. And you can sync and charge your iPhone right through the case. This Defender case also comes with an OtterBox ClipStand holster-style swivel belt clip.
The OtterBox Defender for iPhone 3G/3GS
With the included swivel belt clip.
- Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane to safeguard screen and keyboard against scratching as well as dust and dirt.
- Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell.
- Layer 3: Silicone skin absorbs bump and shock and includes innovative retaining features to hold it in place.
- Accommodates Apple iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS models
- Open access to sync/charge and headphone jacks
- Use of all buttons accessible through case
- Added bump, drop, and shock protection
- Sleek, slim fit to Apple device
- Open access to speakers, microphone and camera
- Includes holster style swivel belt
- Sound transmits through case
- Drop and Shock: Protection against drop, bump and shock
- Water Protection: Not tested or recommended for water protection
- Dust Protection: Dust does not enter in a sufficient quantity to interfere with satisfactory operation of equipment
Compare to similar items
This item OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G, 3GS (Black)[Retail Packaging]
|Shipping||$4.50||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AlphaDailyDeals||iSee Case||Fenix Select||Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer||iSee Case||RunSkipShop|
|Color||black||black||Black||Black||Red & Black||Blue/Black|
|Compatible Phone Models||Apple iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS||iphone-3||iPhone 3, iPhone 3S, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS||iphone 3g, iphone 3gs||iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS||na|
Top customer reviews
He is a paramedic / fireman and unintentionally abuses his phones because they sit on his hip and he moves around a lot against huge pieces of metal. The night I brought the OtterBox case to him at the station he was getting out of the back of their new (very high up) ambulance and the iPhone fell from the holster (he had it horizontal and it caught on the door on his way out). It fell over 6' onto a concrete floor and was absolutely perfect.
Though I hadn't dropped my phone in the case up to that point when I saw the fall his phone took I knew I picked the right case. I haven't experienced any of the issues with tunneling or echo, but I tend to use the headphones or my Jawbone for calls. The only negative I've found, and it isn't really a negative but you must use OEM cables that have rounded edges because generic square edged cables will not fit into the charging area of the case.
*** For the Oil Slick Issue ***
- You'll need a can of air, a lint free cloth (face cloth or sock), a screen protector (optional), and some baby powder.
- Take your OtterBox case out of the packaging and put around a teaspoon worth of baby powder (or talc) onto the inside of the window of the hard part of the case, this seems very odd but trust me it works.
- Swish the baby powder around until it coats the entire window of the front of the case. It should look dusted white.
- Dump off the excess.
- Use the can of air to blow out as much as you can.
- Finally, use the cloth to wipe everything clean.
- When you're done it will look like you didn't do anything. You may have a wee bit of residual baby powder here and there inside the case but don't worry about it.
Once you're done wiping the case off clean your phone front and back to get it nice and smooth and put the screen protector on, this is a nice additional layer of protection but it isn't necessary.
Now put the phone in the case.
Once you seal it all up you'll see that there is no oil slick effect and no powder residue.
Works perfectly every time.
I finally got an iPhone after my previous contract just expired. They tried to sell me a screen protector (which is just a slate of static plastic cover on top of the glass) for 12 bucks. 12 bucks for a puny piece of rectangular plastic - ridiculous! With this purchase I got the screen cover, a hard shell case, a rubber silicone cover. Also, you get a belt clip that works just wonderful.
All the controls of the iPhone are accessible while your phone is in th case. The openings that are vulnerable to dust and liquid are sealed by the silicone plugs except the microphone and speakers which is obvious. By the way, the silicone case and the plugs are all in one single unit of construction, and so you don't have to worry about losing anything. I would say that the case makes it water resistant, but not completely waterproof. It will protect it from casual splashes of water but not if you happen to drop it in the pool or tub.
* In regards to the problem about the watermark, the baby powder trick works! There are a lot of videos online that will show you how. You will not be pouring the powder on your iPod or the screen case. You just have to place and hold the baby powder on top of a table, put the case screen about 6 inches away, and then do a baby pump just enough to make a small puff of fairy dust. And that's it. You're done.
A couple of cons:
- This will double the thickness of your iPhone.
- The only switch that is hard to reach while in the case is the lock button on the upper left. They should have made the opening a little bigger.
Caveat: The bottom of this case allows for the OEM sync/charge cable to fit well. iGo tips, however, will NOT fit without removing your iPhone from the case. Many aftermarket cables won't fit either due to them being squared off instead of thin & flat like the oem version. Nothing that can't be mended with a Dremmel and careful sanding, but if you're not comfortable with this or with the inability to use docking stations and generic cables then I'd look for a different protective solution.
-The case does cause "Watermarking" on the screen when installed. My solution was using a moirrored screen protector in conjunction with the otterbox. You can also sprinkle baby powder on the inside of the otterbox screen protector to help limit the watermarking.