We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Self-adhering clear screen protector
- Durable silicone skin with inner-coring
- Durable silicone case in black
- Added bump, drop, and shock protection
- Sleek, slim fit
- Access to all buttons and features
- Backed by 1-year warranty; not tested or recommended for water protection
Get Price Check by Amazon for iPhone
Instantly check prices on millions of products with the free Price Check App. Learn more.
There is a newer style of this item:
The OtterBox Impact Series case for iPhone 4 is definitely your answer. This mighty silicone skin is tough enough to handle bumps, scratches and shocks–yet remains surprisingly thin. Remember, nobody does silicone skins like OtterBox.The OtterBox Impact Series is a durable silicone skin, brilliantly engineered with inner coring to dissipate shock away from your iPhone 4.
A great choice for simple, everyday protection of your smartphone, the durable OtterBox Impact silicone case for the iPhone 4 features an inner coring that dissipates impact away from your phone to protect from bump and shock. It also includes a self-adhering screen cover that adds additional protection from scratches.
It provides protection against minor impacts; however it does not protect against water or dust.
Features & Specifications
- Open access to Sync/Charge jack
- Sound is transmitted through case
- Coring on inside corners of skin adds extra strength and protection
- Added bump and shock protection
- Form fitting
- Camera and program buttons are openly accessible
What's in the Box
Impact case, self-adhering clear protective film for screen, cleaning cloth, and an installation card
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces
- ASIN: B003UC8TU8
- Item model number: APL1-I4XXX-20-C4OTR
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 30, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Let me start by comparing this case to the wildly popular Otterbox Defender case which I also purchased from Amazon previously. If you want my full review on that case you can click on my username, but let me just compare it to the Impact. The Defender provides more protection however it is a heavier/bulkier case and sports a built-in screen protector. The Defender was too much case for me and I did not like the screen protector. I personally find screen protectors to be unnecessary protection and they make the glass screen of the iPhone slightly grainy.
The Impact is perfect because it still offers awesome protection without the bulk. The key feature of the Defender is that the front of the iPhone is covered in silicone on the top and bottom of the screen. This is huge because if you iPhone falls on the ground and lands on the screen side, it has a good chance of not cracking. That silicone on the front is substantial and will save you big time. Most iPhone cases do not feature much protection for the front screen which is so bizarre because if you drop your iPhone screen-first with those cases it is super risky. Not with the Impact case.
Silicone is always a superior gripping experience and the iPhone 4 is awesome to hold in this case. Otterbox smartly included these small bumps inside the case where the home button and volume keys are located so when you press those buttons it is so responsive.
The only knock on this case is that they should have extended the silicone closer to the sides of the front screen. The Impact weirdly leaves a little room between the side of the screen and the case itself. Essentially it's exposed bezel and it looks and feels unnecessary. Not a huge deal but I do hope Otterbox will make future Impact cases that cover the entire bezel. Even the little parts to the side of the screen.
Oh, and the cutout in the back (where the Apple logo is exposed) allows for a great place to rest your index finger when holding the iPhone to your ear or a super spot for your thumb when pulling your iPhone out of your front pocket.
Amazing case. Great company. I'll buy future Impact cases for iPhone's in the future if Otterbox makes them.
I was considering buying a smaller case till - drum roll- I dropped the phone while talking on it. It fell 6 feet to the concrete below, bounced and landed face down. I was sure i just dropped 600$. Till i picked up the phone and it hadnt even dropped the call. Just kept talking and it worked great.
I'm keeping it. Thanks. I'll just stop wearing jeans.
There are 2 drawbacks:
1. It collects lint/dust. But its easy to wipe off. The benefit is that it is non-skid so it may not slide out of your pocket or across the table. This is a plus for the most part.
2. The fit - The case is very snug on the top and bottom. It could be just a bit tighter on the sides but it is not a problem. You can pinch the sides of the phone and the silicone will move about 1mm. Not a big deal.
Overall, there is NOT a better case out there for the money that offers drop protection and a screen cover. It looks good and is not more bulky than most other cases. This is definitely a winner and I will be returning the Otterbox Commuter, which was uncomfortable and seemed likely to break.