- Size (LWH): 2 inches, 4.75 inches, 7 inches
OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & White Plastic)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Fine interior texturing of touch screen membrane eliminates static, bubbles and oil slick appearance
- Inner felt liner cushions your device * Textured silicone exterior for improved grip
- Included holster holds device face in or face out Completely re-designed holster for stronger hold on device
- Holster doubles as a stand for hands-free media viewing * Case accommodates most 3rd party chargers
- Universal Version fits BOTH iPhone 4 AT&T and Verizon Versions
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
EDIT: This OtterBox Defender still works like a Champ! I did want to update that it works for the Verizon iPhone 4.... NOT the new iPhone 4S. While the iPhone 4S fits in the case, Apple has moved the sensor and the phone will have screen brightness issues. For the iPhone 4S the OtterBox company has released a new Defender series that has a larger opening for the front and rear sensor/camera. It's universal and will work with BOTH iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S on ALL CARRIERS.
The case is a perfect size to me, it fully covers the phone and leaves a 1/8in lip on the front so nothing sits on the screen, instead rests on the sides of the case. The back is all hard plastic so I can easily take the phone in and out of my pocket, along with the top, bottom and sides of the case. While all 4 corners arr softer rubber along with the top lip, therefore the phone is well protected from drops but the soft rubber on the corners still keeps it comfortable in your hands. The headphone jack, charging port and volume buttons are all fully protected with rubber flaps to help keep any liquids or dirt out which i am especially fond of cause I take my phone everywhere. The rear camera and flash have a reinforced casing around them but nothing over them so the camera remains crisp, and the side "silent" button is also left open so can be easily accessed. It comes with a front screen protector but I ordered a ZAGG screen protector which I used and like better.
Here are some notes for you:
- The case provides the best protection of the three I've tried. The Apple bumper case is nice but the open back leaves a lot of glass exposed. This one gets the job done while not being too bulky.
- Compared to the iPhone 3Gs Commuter case this one exposes more of the hard plastic surface and less of the rubber. The plastic is textured nicely so gripping is still secure. In all fairness I think I do prefer the design of the 3G/3Gs version.
- The phone will connect (Yeah!) to my Magellan car mount and B&W speakers with this case. It would not connect with the thicker Apple bumper case. I'm also able to get other cables to connect to it that would not connect with the bumper case. The opening for the thirty pin connector is larger on the Otterbox case.
- Putting the screen protector on can be frustrating but I was mostly successful this time. Dust must be avoided at all cost while applying it. Hey Intel, can I use your clean room for a few minutes?
It's a good compromise between protection and bulk. If you had the 3G version you might be a little disappointed because the fit on this one doesn't seem quite as good.
Update (9/2/2010): The reviewer(s) that said the case can be uncomfortable on your ear while making calls was right. If you make a lot of calls this could be rather annoying. I'll post a picture or two of the offending sharp edge. I filed the edge on mine with my Leatherman to smooth it out. That helped a lot.
I can't attest to it's durability yet as I only got it yesterday but it is a solid case and has screen protection as well.
Hope this helps if you are looking for a case for the Verizon iPhone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The e\Eagle/color/design was irrelevant to me. It just happened to be the pattern print on an authentic otter box for an older (now) iPhone 4. Read morePublished 2 days ago by DVD watcher
Don't trust my phone in anything other then the defender, heavy duty and protects the phone fully.Published 7 days ago by watchchief
Otter box used to be my favorite before they proved to be poorly made. The rubber didn't last long before ripping away and then eventually cracking the plasticPublished 11 days ago by Jess