Top positive review
168 people found this helpful
Better than the Otterbox Defender Case
on March 1, 2011
I purchased this case after having 'issues' with my OtterBox Defender Case. In my opinion, the OtterBox Commuter Case is better than the Defender case for the following reasons:
1. The Defender case is a very protective case. However, it is very bulky. The Commuter is very smooth and sleek. The buttons on the case are very responsive, and the outer plastic cover looks awesome.
2. The built-in screen protector on the Defender case reduces the clarity of the iPod Touch screen. The screen protector that comes with the Commuter maintains the great resolution of the iPod Touch.
3. The flaps on the bottom of the Defender case are very unattractive and made my iPod look sloppy whenever the USB charging cord or headphones were connected. The flaps on the bottom of the Commuter case are sturdier, and actually stay in place most of the time.
4. The large size of the Defender case causes it not to fit in my external speaker system. However, the Commuter case is smaller and thinner, and can be docked in my speaker system.
5. Last but not least, the two color design of the Commuter case makes it more attractive than the Defender.
Overall, if you are willing to accept slightly less protection, the Otterbox Commuter case is a better case than the Defender.