Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 304 reviews
on July 22, 2013
As Always, these boxes are the best protection for any cellphone! I have brought 1 for my Motorola Proton as well and it protects the phone very well. A little bulky sometimes but you have the best protection for your phone.
on April 22, 2012
After reading the one review on here I had to laugh but I was still a bit concerned about spending 38.00$. I am glad that I did, this case was a breeze to put on and the directions are printed on the inside of the box (which you really don't need). It does seem a bit bulky when you add the clip case to it but when I put it on my belt I didn't notice it at all. I have taken the case off a couple of times to switch out my sd card and I have had no problems doing so.

Everything lined up and it is a very very solid case and I love it. The tabs are easy to open and close on the case and give you a little bit more protection. The case also makes the phone feel solid and not like your going to drop it, I almost dropped the phone twice before I put the case on and now I have not had any almost drops.

*I just wish there were some other color options such as the camo like the defender series for the iphone.

All and all this is a great case in my opinion and it still fits comfortably in my pocket or on my belt.

Red
on April 22, 2012
Very pleased. We bough three for our family.
After reading several negative comments about this product I was nervous about getting it but it fits perfectly, it is alittle hard to get off after putting it on but I have no problem with that. All the cutouts match. The directions were right on the inside of the box and even without them one would be able to figure it out.
I like this product and would highly recommend it. PLUS the delivery was very fast.
I would also like to add, a family member had a problem with their otterbox for their phone and contacted the company and they replaced it with no problem.
on October 10, 2012
First, I should like to explain a recent dillema I've had with the case. I bought this 6 months ago and my silicon cover stretched. My theory is that the swivel holster causes the stretching. It hadn't dawned on me to contact otterbox to see what could be done, so I called them today. Their customer service ROCKS! I spoke with a gentleman named Andrew and he listened, haha! That's a great starter in my pages. He is sending me a free replacement no questions asked. I've read online that they are nice folks about issues such as this. Yes, there is a lifetime warranty, but 9 out of 10 times places will fight ya to the bitter end.

I have dropped my phone from my roof onto a concrete sidewalk. One occasion comes to mind where I left it outdoors in the rain for a few hours. I pitched it at my dog one morning because I was at the end of my rope with barking, I know how that sounds but I knew it was fine...and it was, well, it ended up dialing my father in-law, but no problem. I rarely ever tear it down to clean it. How I lived without the case, I'll never know.

Buy this awesome case and you'll never be sorry. I can't say enough good about it or the company's mission. Excellent.
on April 23, 2012
While this is my first Otterbox I work with people that have them and swear by them. After receiving mine today and putting it on the phone I now know why. The case was extremely easy to install on the phone. The holes line up perfectly and the protective flaps for the charging and aux port are very easy to open and close while providing more than adequate protection at the same time. While I have heard that Otterbox's customer service is excellent I doubt I will ever need to find out as this case feels like high quality and will last a lifetime. The case gives my phone a sturdy feel and the silicone covering gives it a much more solid grip feel in the hand. I highly recommend this case to anyone that needs better protection for their phone.
on November 7, 2013
They should've said that this was only for the ATT version of the Samsung Galaxy. Who knew there were multiple versions??? I was so irritated with this crap. The commuter series version for the Samsung version of the Samsung Galaxy fit just fine - just had to spend another $50 to get it.... They should've made it more clear when ordering.
on October 24, 2012
The case arrived quickly. I had waited to use my new phone to keep it protected. The assembly was relatively straight forward, with only a little difficulty, but it was quickly overcome. The case, like the Otterbox case I have for my Samsung Galaxy S 4G, fits and protects the phone well.

This is where the positive review takes a turn. While the case is great, the idea behind the holster is good, but the product has a fatal flaw. The first day I used it, the holster clip broke, and the phone ended up on the ground. So, I returned it, no problem, and ordered another case. I only wish I could have kept this case, or buy it without the holster. So my rating is 3.5 stars instead of 5.Otterbox Defender Case for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch D710 Black w/Holster
on March 27, 2013
Got it for hubby's phone after reading reviews about a car running over a phone, and the phone surviving. Has already been dropped from 6ft to a concrete floor, and has saved the screen from an "unknown" scrape on the face of the phone that has already damaged the screen "protector" some.
on November 19, 2014
Very difficult to just grab phone off of holster".... Latch broke after 2 weeks....the customer service is decent about replacing broken pieces, but this is the 2nd time this has happened with otter boxes....
on June 1, 2012
I am prone to dropping my phone and prefer to wear my phone on my hip. This case does a great job of both. Touch screen still works great and protective screen keeps it from getting scratched. You can wear it in a holster on your hip vertical or horizontal (360 degree locking rotation on the clip, screen-side in or out, though it's a little more difficult getting the phone out with one hand than other Otterboxes I've had. The clip doubles as a kickstand for viewing videos. Other reviews have warned that the clip is fragile. This may be true, but I've been careful to unclick the kickstand gently and it seems to work fine. This case is water resistant NOT waterproof, though it will offer some protection against splashes. I have dropped this phone/case 5 feet without a problem, obviously I don't recommend trying that on purpose. Some reviews said it was difficult to put on. Not at all. If you have the U.S. Cellular or Sprint version should not be a problem at all. This one was made in Mexico. Silicone case not as rubbery as I would have liked. My BB curve case was very grippy and I could lay it on the dash in my car without it sliding. This one has an okay feel, but not as grippy. One annoyance is when the phone is in the holster even if the screen faces out you can only have access to either the volume buttons or the open/close button. Out of the holster, all cameras, jacks, mics, speakers, buttons are available. The headphone jack and charge jack have a flap that covers them when not in use. I've used mine for about a month and think it works very well for protection and carrying it on my hip.