Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 279 reviews
I have four of Ottolenghi’s books. They are all just a delight to work with. He’s an absolute genius in terms of contrasting, enhancing combinations. He’s my favorite produce artist. Ottolenghi and Jerusalem are omnivore books. Plenty and Plenty More are vegetarian. They’re not overly difficult, but I do find myself having to go to a higher end grocer to get some of the ingredients, and the results are always so very worth it.

Pictured below:
1) Grilled Broccoli with Chile and Garlic – p41. Terrific spicy, garlicky broccoli.
2) Organic Salmon with Red Pepper and Hazelnut Salsa – p 139. This is a fantastic salmon dish. The salmon itself gets careful and minimalist treatment, then gets a salsa or roasted sweet peppers, hazelnuts, herbs, lemon, and apple cider vinegar.
3) Puy Lentils with Sour Cherries, Bacon, and Gorgonzola – p 81. The lentils soak up a shallot and vinegar sauce, then get dressed in bacon, cherries, spinach and gorgonzola. Delicious.
4) Seared Tuna with Pistachio Crust and Papaya Salsa – p 140. This tastes like a tropical vacation. He gives two options for the pistachios. You can toast them first for a flavor boost, or leave them untoasted for that aesthetically pleasing bright green. I went for the flavor.
5) Caramel and Macadamia Cheesecake – p 199. So decadent and rich. The caramel sauce is oozy and the macadamias are dressed in a crunchy caramel. The oatmeal cookie crust gives it a nice earthiness.
6) Couscous with Dried Apricots and Butternut Squash – p 80. Divine. Caramelized onions, roasted butternut squash, dried apricots, a trio of herbs, and olive oil flavor the couscous. It’s served cold which will make it the perfect make ahead summer side dish for grilled whatever.
7) Parmesan and Poppy Crackers – p 187. These are lovely. I didn’t have enough poppy seeds to cover both logs of dough, so I did one in poppy seed and the other in everything bagel topping, and it was a very happy accident. I did it again on purpose the second time.
8) Eggplant-Wrapped Ricotta Gnocchi with Sage Butter – p 28. These are my favorite thing in the book so far. They’re even yummier than they are adorable. The lemony sage butter is the perfect complement to the delicate flavor and texture of the gnocchi.
9) Roasted Sweet Potato with Pecan and Maple – p 67. Delicious! Wonderfully sweet and fragrant.
10) Cauliflower and Cumin Fritters with Lime Yogurt – p 50. These are very rich and filling.

Some others I have flagged to try are: Peaches and Speck with Orange Blossom * Figs with Young Pecorino and Honey * Cucumber and Poppy Seed Salad * Etti’s Herb Salad * Marinated Eggplant with Tahini and Oregano * Roasted Eggplant with Saffron Yogurt * Grilled Asparagus, Zucchini, and Manouri * Haricots Verts and Snow Peas with Hazelnut and Orange * Caramelized Endive with Serrano Ham * Roasted Red and Golden Beets * Crushed New Potatoes with Horseradish and Sorrel * Carmague Red Rice and Quinoa with Orange and Pistachios * Roasted Beef Fillet with Arugula and Horseradish Sauce * Roast Chicken with Sumac, Za’atar, and Lemon * Turkey and Corn Meatballs with Roasted Pepper Sauce * Butternut, Carrot, and Goat Cheese Tartlets * Sweet Potato Galettes * Pistachio Shortbreads * Lime and Basil Macarons
on November 29, 2013
All the recipes I have tried from this cookbook are simply DELICIOUS! They are also easy to make, the ingredients are relatively easy to find (you do need to go to an Arab store for Sumac and Zaatar for example...but as I see it, that's part of the adventure!). The results are wonderful: the food looks and tastes deliciously...the flavors are simple and yet blend wonderfully to create something "wow"!!! I shared the Cauliflower fritters with friends and they were quite impressed at the work of my hands!! ;) (and I'm just a beginner cooking "aficionada" -I let them believe I know how to cook of course - but I love eating well and prefer cooking than eating out...I want to know what's in my food!!). I was selecting the recipes for this week (after finishing my yummy red bell pepper soup and I said to myself that I needed to share my review with others because this cookbook has given me several happy moments!). Buen Provecho!!! :-)
My admiration for this author/chef knows no limits. Really. I've been cooking out of Ottolenghi's "Plenty" cookbook for the past year or so at least twice a week and it's changed the family's eating habits and appreciation of good taste astronomically. So when this newly published cookbook (from the restaurant menu) was published in the U.S., I was interested. At the same time, I wondered how the newbie could improve and/or expand on the author's two previous (and terrific) books. I shouldn't have been the least bit skeptical. "Ottolenghi" is even better than its predecessors and chock-a-block full of great new food.

I come to this opinion from the perspective of someone who cooks almost exclusively vegetarian dishes. "Ottolenghi" is about two-thirds non-meat in content. Lots of terrific new vegetable entrees and sides, with the usual emphasis on freshness, herbs, nuts and Middle East/Mediterranean spices. What's really new in the author's approach in this cookbook is a generous section on desserts (most of them adaptations of classics) and many recipes for sauces that can be used with a lot of different entrees or as dips, spreads, etc.

I'm just getting started in using this new book--and in fact started with dessert! How does chocolate chestnut bar sound? A kind of exotic brownie, but richer and creamier than the traditional approach. Killer taste. The same chapter includes a fine recipe for a more traditional brownie, but clearly better, judging from the ingredients.

I'm a total fan of this guy and his books and have been giving them as gifts for the past year. I even gave one to a Moroccan friend who is a wonderful cook, but who became an instant admirer and regular user of Ottolengthi's "Plenty". So get the new one or at least one of the earlier books--it/they will change your life.
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2017
When I first got this book I thought that the recipes were all very complicated. After I tried a few I found that they actually are fairly easy and the food turns out as good or better than expected (although mine doesn't always look as pretty). Perhaps perception rather than reality, eating this food feels fresher and healthier.
on January 12, 2015
This book is more about the pictures and his restaurants than about the recipes. I think it is a good book but the recipes are not as approachable as the ones in the other books by the same authors. My advise is that this is a book for people who have all of Ottolenghi's books. It is not a book for someone who wants an introduction to Ottolenghi's approach to food.
on December 19, 2016
I am obsessed with this cookbook. I love it so much that I bought two more copies for my best friends for Christmas. The recipes are healthy, fresh, unique and incredibly delicious. They aren't too hard to make if you're a moderately experienced cook. If you love interesting food and hate getting stuck in a flavor rut, this book with break your mold in an awesome way. The beet salad is to die for!
on May 15, 2017
Don't miss this man! His cookbooks are a new world in preparing and eating. I am so impressed with his recipes that I am ordering and sending books to many of my cooking friends because I know what flavor means.
on September 23, 2015
A very fun and unique cook book from Yotam Ottolenghi. The recipes are not always the easiest, but there is plenty for chefs of any skill range. The flavors are very middle eastern in origin and they are perfect for summer cooking sessions. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a good working knowledge of cooking and a willingness to step outside of their usual recipes and try something new and delicious!
on March 13, 2017
The recipes didn't seem as appealing to me but having started collecting all the Yotam books This was a nice add to my collection. But stick with the Plenty books for some easier to follow recipes.
on May 22, 2014
I received Yotam's book - "Plenty" as a gift from my UK friends that were visiting. They know Ottolenghi personally and frequent his restaurants. I love cooking from his books and his recipes are simple to understand. I now own 3 of his cookbooks. I really like reading them -- his stories and pictures in these books is beautifully done. The books are not just about recipes -- it is about his life. While visiting the UK last year I was able to eat at Ottolenghi restaurant -- fabulous food and spices. I was able to purchase many of the foreign spices at an open air market while in the UK. Happy cooking and reading!