- File Size: 203 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Porcupine Publications (June 8, 2011)
- Publication Date: June 8, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00558UWS2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,424,340 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Ouija Be My Friend? - Horror and Mystery Short Story Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Unfortunately I found the characters a bit flat. I didn't connect with them or like them. I also have a very hard time with the dialog used for Catherine and Rita. It was forced and actually comical at times - times that weren't meant to be funny. I feel the author was trying too hard to make the tween girls sound young and over shot it immensely.
I downloaded this as a freebie and feel it was a fun read. It would be even better with a rewrite.
It was a decent story, aimed completely at young adults. But the main characters attitudes and swearing got on my nerves. There was no need for it.
The editing for Kindle was also a little off. No paragraph breaks and whatnot to signify that it was the next day/next week, and both characters dialogue ran into each other a few times.
It was a nice (although a little predictable) story, which could be found in one of those collection of scary stories books. But what ruined it for me was the editing and the snotty attitude of the girls.
2.5/5 from me.
Now, if grandpa had killed the little twits with the Ouija board at the end, THAT would have been a story.
The writing was a bit choppy and needs to be smoothed out more. I agree with other reviewers that the characters were a bit flat and cursed too much (which is realistic, but jarring). I thought they were 13, but the cursing makes them seem more 16. This story just needs to be patched up and it would be perfect. I still give it a 5/5 because it was overall a good story.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors