Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on December 8, 2012
I can attest to the effectiveness of this product as I accidentally got it on myself! However, for the reason I bought it, protecting against dog attacks, I think it may not be as effective unless you score a direct hit. I sprayed this about 3 times at a small dog that was coming aggressively after my dog and while it temporarily made the other dog run away, it came back and did not seem to affect it....nor my dog. I think it ran away before getting hit by the spray. But the spray went out several feet and was a good stream. I think it would be effective against a human attacker coming right at you.

I walked into the remaining pepper fog in the air by accident (this was at night), so I can tell you what happened. I was wearing glasses, but I was hit by the sensation of burning eyes and a stinging in my mouth. And this was just from a relatively light concentration in the air. I went home with dripping eyes and had stinging eyes, mouth and throat for about twenty minutes while I rinsed my eyes and washed my skin. So with a direct hit, an attacker would definitely be stunned!

If you do have to use this, try to go in the opposite direction from where you used this and be sure the wind isn't blowing towards you, otherwise you will be impaired as well. I would suggest reading the antidote if you do get this on you so you can try to take care of it as soon as possible. Another option for just one or two uses that puts out less spray and is less likely to get in your eyes is Police Magnum Faux Leather Holster Pepper Spray with UV Dye and Twist Top (Pack of 2), Black, 0.5-Ounce. I have used that as well--it makes dogs run away but they may come back; and I haven't scored a direct hit that would temporarily incapacitate them.
on September 13, 2012
This product is a good size for anyone who wants more for the money. Comes in a good sized (not uncomfortably large) container, along with a holster that fit my belt perfectly. I hope I never have to use it, but having an OC concentration of 18% makes me feel much better if I ever do have to use it.

Luckily I live in a state where there are no legal restrictions (I believe the government should have no say in matters of self-defence), and I was able to get a good personal-sized container with a very effective amount of capsicum.

Test fired very well, and having lived in a law-enforcement family (funny I don't like cops), I know the effects this stuff has on someone. So, 5 stars for quick delivery, and an accurate description of product. If I have to re-order, it will be through this company.

**UPDATE 06/01/15**

I just received another one of these that I ordered as I lost my previous one. The new holster design now has a metal belt clip! WOW! The new can design with the safety cover is also a HUGE improvement! This seller has definitely improved over time, and has earned my loyalty 100%. I will order ONLY from this company for pepper spray in the future :)
on January 17, 2016
Very professional looking, the flip top is easy to use, and it fits snugly on my duty belt. With this item, I feel better protected and in charge knowing it's handy, ready, and easy for me to grab in an emergency without too much fuss.
on August 27, 2016
i use this to work everyday. the nylon case is cheaply made but its ok. this would be great for any person looking for ways to protect themselves from attackers, dog, etc.....
on July 21, 2012
I bought this spray specifically because the holster came with it. The loop where the belt goes began coming off after using only twice in two 15-km bike rides. Amazing. Good thing I accidentally bought two, and the other one is fine. I used it in a 52-km bike ride, and it's still good. So I assume the first was defective.
review image
on July 5, 2012
Product came as decribed with a holster that would have cost 6 bucks by itself.You could fit a 6oz or bigger can in this holster,it's big!!Can has saftey top that has to be raised with thumb before firing,no way you will spray yourself or accidentally discharge spray!! I guess I won't know how it works unless God forbid I need to use it on some nutcase.I imagine it will work just fine!!Better to be safe than sorry......Right?? VERY happy with purchase!!
Joe H.
on April 30, 2012
Lethal force isn't called for in most self defense situations. However, words won't always do the trick either.

Enter this not-so-little jewel. It's the perfect middle ground to keep you alive and not kill anybody else at the same time. And let me emphasize not-so-little! This is man-sized pepper spray. And as for the "police" claim, I can vouche for that as well. I have a friend who serves as a L.E.O. and when he took the can off his belt to compare to mine, it was the same thing.

Even more than the size, I'm amazed by the shipping of this seller. I placed the order around 1:30 on a Saturday and it was in my hands by 9:30am Monday morning...a full day before any of my Prime orders! To say the least, I'm pleased.

Final note: You can find this item for less on Amazon, but the pouch this thing comes with is worth the additional charge and then some. Heavy nylon and custom made for this can. With it being so large, it'd be difficult to find a generic sheath to fit this well and I'd imagine this would be uncomfortable to stow in a pocket.
on August 9, 2012
My first review said the pepper spray was a lemon. It was. I got a dud. But after the seller read my review, they shipped me a replacement free of charge and it works as advertised.

You have to love a seller that stands behind their product. I am now a happy customer and have changed my 1 star rating to a 5 star rating.

original review

I may have just gotten one of the few defective bottles but that is exactly what I got. After moving the nozzle to the unlocked position and depressing the nozzle with all my might, all I got was a dribble down the side of the can. It was a waste of my money. I am not going to bother returning it as that would just waste more of my time. I purchased it for protection from dogs during my bike rides. I will have to go to plan B as soon as I come up with one.
on April 4, 2012
The reason i purchased this produce is because i thought that it had a nice little safety device on top to prevent any unwanted sprays. The bottle i received has a flimsy red tab that can be moved easily. If your going to sell something at least make sure the picture is accurate! Its a good thing i chose to purchase the one with the nylon holster.
on June 11, 2014
I bought four of these so that my husband and I both have one for walking our dog (for protection against giant dogs whose owners are too stupid to keep them on a leash--fortunately never had to use it yet, but others have had issues), and the other two I put strategically around the house. Already have one in the car. I have bought other, smaller varieties in the past, but this just seems to make more sense. I don't usually use the case that it comes with except for the one in my car, but it's sturdy if one finds the need.