Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 24, 2012
I bought this album mainly for the single track 'Ave Maria' by Franz Biebl - well worth the price just for that track alone. But I was amazed to find that the rest of the album is just as good, with some well-known Christmas songs, but mostly with lesser-known ones which should be heard more often. Some of the tracks sound like there are women singing, but per Wikipedia Chanticleer is an all-male group, so the high voices are CounterTenors, something once common in the Middle Ages but done rarely these days. Most of the tracks are in Latin, with some Spanish, at least one French, and one or two in English. This is I believe a compilation from several of their concerts or albums, and it is well worth listening to all year - not just at Christmas.
on May 22, 2015
I loved this album. The harmonies are glorious. I found new songs to enjoy. Favorites include Serenissima uno Nocha, E la Don Don, Riu, Riu, Chiu, Ave Maria, Nowell, and Medley of Christmas Spirituals.

The list of songs appears to be missing the following:
Canite tuba in Sion
Serenissima uno nocha
Now make we joy
Nowell
Joseph, lieber Joseph mein
Psallite Unigenito
on December 10, 2014
A wonderful addition to our Chanticleer collection. We have seen this group twice and have a DVD recording of them doing Christmas music. Most of those songs are on this CD. Clear voices, wonderful conductor. A treasurer to have and listen to again and again. We never tire of listening to them.
If you are unfamiliar with Chanticleer note that this is an all male choir but to listen to them you would swear there are some female voices in the choir. The singing is always extremely polished and beautiful.
This is a series of well known songs but also some not so known. Most done in Latin or other languages, but no translation needed. You just need to listen to enjoy the music.
on March 10, 2018
Beautiful album. Was delighted to find available. (Word search was difficult to find. Who indexes this stuff? You'd think Chanticleer Heart's Joy would do the job but it didn't Had to really DIG.)
on October 19, 2016
I heard this on the net, but haven't had a chance to listen yet, but sill soon. I know that music is lovely.
on December 10, 2009
Ever since I was introduced to Chanticleer on a PBS Christmas special a few years ago, I have been entranced with this a cappella group of male voices. I don't usually enjoy male choirs, but this is the exception that tests the rule with gratifying results. Biebl's "Ave Maria" is particularly divine, and having been part of a madrigal choir that performed this gorgeous piece (and won awards for it), I can't tell you how wonderful it is to find another version that makes my heart soar as it did while singing it. While that may be a stand-out for me, there is not a bad piece on this album, and it is now a Christmas favorite that gets regular play during the holiday season. Highly recommended.
on January 29, 2016
Acapello music requires solid singers. Chanticleer has that.
on December 20, 2016
Hard to beat Chanticleer for classical vocal sound.
on June 12, 2013
I bought this for my nephew who was in high school choirs. He saw a performance here in SF and wanted this CD. Needless to say the cd keeps on giving every Christmas.
on March 1, 2017
The most beautiful Christmas music experience!