FREE delivery: Wednesday, Dec 7 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: Hyper Pet, LLC
Save with Used - Like New
FREE delivery: Thursday, Dec 8 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: Amazon Warehouse
OurPets Slow Feeder Dog Bowls or Slow Feeder Insert, Slow Eating Stainless Steel Dog Bowls or Spiral Slow Feeder Bowl Insert. Great Dog Food Bowl for Small, Medium, and Large Breed Dogs or Cat Bowl
Enhance your purchase
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Special Feature||Stainless steel bowls, Dog bowl, Slow feed, Dog bowls, Stainless steel bowl|
About this item
- BEST FOR LARGE DOG BREEDS: holds up to 8 cups of dry food, Large breeds fill with 1 cup to 6 cups Choose a capacity greater than what you need to prevent spills. For best results do not overfill.
- REDUCE DIGESTIVE ISSUES: Our slow feeder dog bowls help to reduce choking and vomiting. Solid centerpiece mentally refocuses your pet to eat along the edge, results in slower eating. No insert or maze needed.
- SKID RESISTANT: Equipped with rubber on the bottom, your dog will not have to chase dinner. Prevents sliding, tipping and spills. This provides a slower pace and quieter feeding time.
- STAINLESS STEEL: DuraPet uses food grade, stainless steel. Durable, long-lasting, offers a healthy choice over plastic. A great alternative to snuffle mats for dogs, lick mats for dogs, and dog puzzle toys.
- DISHWASHER SAFE : Top Rack Dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning. Our pet dishes are rust resistant, hygienic, and don’t hold odor. Wash and dry completely each day for best hygiene practices.
Customer ratings by feature
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Customers also search
From the manufacturer
High Quality Materials
- Premium Stainless Steel
- Dishwasher Safe
Patented Skid-Proof Bottom
The OurPets DuraPet Slow Feed Bowl is a top-of-the-line design at an affordable price. To prevent skidding, we added a permanent bonded ring to the bottom. This patented, skid-proof design prevents sliding and tipping during feeding time. It’s also dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- Prevents mess at feeding time
- No slipping or tipping
Benefits for your Dog
Slow Feed is Recommended by Veterinarians
- Reduce bloating and choking
- Lessen gastrointestinal discomfort
- Eating with more mental attention
The Benefits of Slow Feed
A slow feed dish can reduce bloating, choking and gastrointestinal discomfort. When dogs eat from the OurPets Durapet Slow Feed Bowl, the solid centerpiece causes them to eat along the edges with more mental attention, resulting in a slower feeding routine. This can promote long-terms health benefits for your dog. Additionally, a slower feeding approach can cut down on the mess caused by rapid eating.
Find the Right Size Bowl for Your Pup
OurPets has three different size bowls (small, medium, and large) so you can get the right bowl for your pup.
Durapet Slow-Feed Bowls are made of high quality, heavy-duty stainless steel with a permanently molded rubber ring on the base that prevents the bowl from sliding across the floor and creating undesirable noise. The Slow-Feed Bowl design features a dome in the center to make dogs eat around the obstruction, slowing their feeding. Eating more slowly improves your dog's digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 10.97 x 10.97 x 2.64 inches; 10.08 Ounces
- Item model number : 2040010302
- Date First Available : October 5, 2004
- Manufacturer : OurPets
- ASIN : B001FRCTEC
- Customer Reviews:
Use as Directed
Compare with similar items
Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2015
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was looking specifically for stainless steel, and most options were made of multiple parts, which would trap crumbs in the cracks and make it hard to clean. This was the one that is made of one piece of metal, with just a single obstacle. I wish it were just a bit smaller, but otherwise, it was exactly what I was looking for!
A note on longevity: As mentioned, my Australian Shepherd has been using her DuraPet bowl for about a decade. After being banged around just before feeding time by eager dogs 2 x a day as well as year's worth of daily hand-washing & a weekly trip through the top shelf of the dishwasher, her bowl is still in excellent condition. The lip is rolled, creating a safe edge for dogs. The stainless steel still shows no signs of rust. My Aussie is mostly blind & still has no trouble getting her food out of this (although she had good sight when it was originally purchased, so it could be just that she's already familiar with it). I didn't notice any changes in design or weight when I compared her old bowl to this new one, so I expect the new one to hold up to rough dogs and stand the test of time as well.
My only complaint with these bowls is that where that underneath the 'hump' (bottom of bowl) holds a lot of water when it's run through the dishwasher. I could never figure out why another piece of stainless steel wasn't molded over that part - to give the bowl a flat bottom that wouldn't catch water. Now that we have 2 bowls, though, I figured it out. They stack or nest. Nice feature if you have more than one of these - definitely handy if you want an extra set & need to save space to store them.
I do with they made a smaller version of the DuraPet, though. This small bowl works for both of my larger dogs (around 55 lbs each), but it does not work for my 11 lb. dog. I had to buy a different product for him (a ball that rolls around in his bowl). This bowl would also be too big for cats, even though it is advertised differently. Also, one of my cats is on a prescription diet, so she is fed in a cat carrier to keep the 2 cats from eating each others' food - this bowl takes up too much space to put it in a kennel. If anybody from the company reads these reviews, please consider making a small pet DuraPet bowl. I think a lot of people and their smaller furry family members would benefit from that :-)
A great purchase & I have recommended this product to others over the years - evidently I'm not the only one with pets that tend to compete with each other to see who can inhale their food fastest. I wonder if this would work for my son? Just kidding - there is no slowing him down :-)