Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 360 reviews
on April 24, 2016
Helped me get and i side look into children sensory disorders. Working as teacher with different personalities is hard. So this book helped me find ways to get through to the children.
on April 24, 2013
It was not what I expected but is a good reference book. One
aspect that is helpful is insight into the "child."
on January 11, 2015
I got this book on a recommendation from an occupational therapist. The descriptions are very confusing, some of them will certainly fit your child, even you, or anyone. I finally was not able to finish it, as it kept meandering and being of little help.
on October 1, 2014
It gets the message across.
on May 9, 2013
I had to buy this product for school. It was an ok book if you are looking to work with kids
on February 18, 2015
I was really hoping for something less narrative and more clinical. I understand writing for the masses, but it seems like it could have been a bit less pandering to the narrative/story style of explaining things.
on May 29, 2015
too technical for average person to read and comprehend. Every page goes into so much detail that it gets boring to read which makes it difficult to learn the information.
on September 25, 2005
Although the content of this book is great, it's claim to simplify the concepts of sensory dysfunction are a bit off. Terms are used without any introduction or explination. It is a good book to inform the public on this subject BUT the only book to do so at this point in time. Perhaps the next book or next edition will break it down even more for those who haven't spent years in school reviewing the subject matter.
on October 10, 2010
I gave this book three stars because it has a lot of in depth information on Sensory Processing Disorder, but it doesn't tell the reader much on how to help the child. Also, the book is very long it seems like the writer could have conveyed the same information more concisely. I also purchased Raising a Sensory Smart Child. This book explains SPD nicely but also provides tons of ideas on how to help your child. Unless you want to know as much as possible about SPD, I would recommend skipping this book and going straight to Raising a Sensory Smart Child.Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues
on February 21, 2013
If you can get past the jargon and can narrow in on what type of child you have, you can skip straight to the sections that apply to your child. Otherwise, it is lengthy and technical. I had done some research on the subject online before reading the book, so it was only somewhat helpful in understanding my son's behavior. I had to highlight sections that applied to him to get my husband to read it and my mother since they wouldn't have made it though the first part. I think the next book will be more helpful, with more strategies for helping my son versus just understanding and diagnosing him.