- Series: Documentary Sources in Contemporary Art
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: The MIT Press; Reprint edition (February 11, 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 026256064X
- ISBN-13: 978-0262560641
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.1 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,567,929 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Out There: Marginalization and Contemporary Culture Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Out There collects classic essays - Monique Wittig's 'The Straight Mind,' Gayatri Spivak's 'Explanation and Culture: Matginalia' - as well as lesser-known pieces like Richard Rodriguez's 'Complexion,' all kicked off by Cornel West"s brilliant polemic 'The New Cultural Politics of Difference.' This is a magnificent compendium of non-Eurocentric, non-heterosexist writing, a manual for what West calls 'intellectual and political freedom-fighters.'(Village Voice)
About the Author
Russell Ferguson is Deputy Director for Exhibitions and Programs and Chief Curator at the University of California, Los Angeles, Hammer Museum.
Browse award-winning titles. See more