Outback Flexmax 80 FM80 MPPT 80 AMP Solar Charge Controller
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Programmable to Charge Battery Voltages from 12 VDC to 60 VDC.
- Advanced Continuous Maximum Power Point Tracking Increases PV Array Output by up to 30%.
- Backlit 80 character-display shows the current operational status.
- Input PV voltages up to 150VDC open circuit for charging battery banks from 12-60VDC.
- Gets more amp hours from your solar panels into your batteries everyday.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Size (LWH): 5.75 inches, 16.25 inches, 4 inches
FlexMax80 FM80-150VDC Charge Controller FLEXmax MPPT Charge Controllers are the only choice when you demand a high performance, efficient and versatile charge controller for your advanced power system. The FLEXmax Charge Controllers are the revolution. Developed by OutBack Power, its features include support for a wide range of nominal battery voltages and the ability to step-down a higher voltage solar array to recharge a lower voltage battery bank. A built-in, backlit 80 character-display shows the current status and logged system performance data for the last 128 days at the touch of a button. The FLEXmax family of charge controllers is the latest advanced improvement in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers from OutBack Power Systems. The ground-breaking FLEXmax MPPT software algorithm is both continuous and active, it increase your photovoltaic array power yield up to 30% compared to non-MPPT controllers. With the technology of active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling, the FLEXmax charge controllers can operate at their full maximum current rating in ambient temperatures as high as 104F (40C) (Optional Remote Temp Sensor Recommended for optimal operation- Sold separately). . Features: Built-in 128 days of Data Logging Programmable Auxiliary Control Output. Fully OutBack Network Integration Capable (with use of the OutBack HUB - Sold separately). Programmable Battery Voltages from 12 VDC to 60 VDC. Advanced Continuous Maximum Power Point Tracking Increases PV Array Output by up to 30%. Specifications: Nominal Battery Voltages: 12, 24, 36, 48
Top Customer Reviews
I bought this puppy to flesh out the capacity of my system. I ran some numbers and realized that under the right circumstances (cold, bright sunny days) my two existing charge controllers might get too many amps from the batteries. This wasn't very likely, but I didn't want it to happen at all -- the circuitry can blow and that isn't covered under any warranty as it's an improper wiring issue. So I figured I should get another charge controller, and reconfigure my panels so that 12 are tied to each controller -- well under the possible amperage limit.
The device is fine and there are no problems per se, but I can't give this purchase a higher rating for two glaring reasons:
- It is not REMOTELY obvious in the text, but this is a REFURBISHED UNIT. There is NO warranty on it according to the tiny print on the little slip of paper that came with this controller. There was no indication of that at all, and certainly nothing stated in the Amazon description. I don't know if the error is on Amazon's side, or with Green Energy Direct (the supplier) but it's poor form -- I would have easily paid more to get a proper warranty. BAD FORM Amazon, bad form indeed.
- This item is missing a data cable. The data cable is necessary to hook it up to your Hub (in my case a Hub 10) so it can communicate with the rest of your system and provided data to any logging software you've got. I assume since it's not in the description anywhere that it's not missing, it's just not provided --which is again VERY poor form. Amazon should make this clear and/or offer a data cable to buy with this. As it is I happened to have a spare Cat5 cable so I got it working fine, but not everybody will.
Great hardware, fine device, but there are definitely some issues that need fixing on the description and sales side so it's clear what you're buying.
I was horrified that the supposed leader in charge controllers wrote a 100 page plus manual that is not
even fit for the outhouse. The bottom line is that no matter how great of a device this is, without a very good manual
that is is going to be close to useless without further support. I would love to give them 5 starts, but before I have even set this up
I am very disappointed.
What am I going to do when the grid is down and I can not contract Outback Support and have to rely on a very poor manual?
On the downside ... if you do venture into the programming details - adjustable values and such ... I don't think I've ever seen a worse user-interface. It's like they let some rooky programmer throw together a bunch of random screens - the organization of the information does not seem logical ... I've been doing this stuff since the early 90's - so I've seen plenty of other companies get this part right. But plenty get it wrong too, so hey ... Outback as a company has a little maturing to do when it comes to user interface design. I still love their product / work ... and love the artwork on the inside of some of their products.