Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

I purchased the medium sized bag for my sons 5th grade outdoor science camp in the mountains last week. First off, this is about half the price on Amazon than from sports stores such as sport authority (going out of business now). So price was good. What I like about the bag was is that it came with an accessories case / bag case. That came in handy. This medium size bag was able to hold 2 sweatshirts, jacket, 3x pants, shorts, 5 shirts, large flashlight, the accessory case, hiking boots, socks and boxers and could have held a little more. Bag was nice before he left. Now, it has a rip and obvious wear with just being used for 4 days. The nylon isn't tough. It's pretty thin. Amazons specs say it's 900D but it's actually 600D. Big difference. This would be a good travel bag if it didn't involve the outdoors such as camping. Unless you dont mind it not lasting long. Would I buy again? MAYBE, only because of the price from Amazon.

PROS: not that expensive, included case, light weight
CONS: thin weak nylon material.
review image
This duffel is a nice size, and is a much better price than anything comparable I saw locally. I examined the stitching and saw no problems. The fabric is not the tough canvas I used to have to a duffel when I was younger, so I'd be careful about objects or hard corners that could poke or wear through it.

It comes in a little carrying case that you won't need once you are using the duffel itself. Therefore you can use the carrying case as a smaller container, possibly a toiletry kit.

I bought this as a present for a friend who is an over-the-road driver, and he's used it for years.

Recommended.
on August 29, 2017
Bought this bag [large size] for trip to Kenya and Tanzania to follow the Great Migration. We were limited to soft sided luggage. For two weeks we travelled by jumbo jets (where I checked this bag) to small single engine planes and Land Rovers --5 different locations over many a dirt road and through river ways. This bag was handled by many different people-- tossed and moved countless times, sat in the dirt at small air strips, got wet, and it survived beautifully! Could not have been more satisfied; it was every bit as good as those bags that were much more expensive....plus it has 2 side zipper pockets and one inside zipper pocket.
on August 7, 2017
Lots to like about this bag. I have it in several sizes, the Large is closer to the size of a big gym bag, the X-Large is as big as many hockey bags. It has side pockets for shoes or boots or things you want to separate from the main compartment. It has a small outside pocket that can hold maps or paperwork and when unzipped on the XL it fits a coaching clipboard rather well. It has a collapsible carrying bag that can be used on its own. It has carrying straps that go completely around to the other side, good zippers and quality stitching. It is fairly durable and holds up to normal wear and tear.

The only downside is that it is not indestructible. Airlines and sharp skates are able to cut the nylon fabric. I have been really satisfied with the performance for what it is. That having been said, I am still looking for the holy grail of bags to protect my pack from the airlines when traveling. I thought I had it in the XL. After seeing the abuse that this bag has taken at their hands, I can only imagine how many straps and buckles I would have to replace if I had not had it as a first layer of protection for my pack. If I have to buy one of these every couple of years to protect my pack, I would still consider it a good investment. In the meantime, let me know if you find something a bit sturdier.
on May 30, 2016
Used the bag over Memorial Day weekend and it held up quite fine. It held pretty much everything I needed from towels to clothes to a 14"L x10"W box, its that big. It was perfect though since I was able to pack it with so much it was very heavy but that my fault not the bag. The only complaint is the zippers do feel flimsy and while zipping I go slow to avoid any issues. I wish it had pockets inside and back straps but overall it did its job and felt sturdy when fully packed but I can see how it not having a skeletal system like other luggage can be a problem when not filled up as it will flop.

Still if you need to fill a really big bag for travel or camping this is a great not so expensive alternative. If you plan on filling it up and lugging it around buildings, airports or some such get a handcart plus some bungee cords, you're gonna need it.
on July 7, 2014
I don't usually write reviews on things, usually just take the reviews that others have left and have had pretty good luck with my purchases. But in this case, most reviews were opposite of my experience. I got two of these bags, one for me and one for my GF to go back home for the holidays. Looking for something that was sized right so we didn't have to check any bags in for the plane flight. We had packed the bags the night before, not overloaded them to any extent. The time we got to the airport security line, we needed to pull a few things out to stick in the X-Ray bins. Went to open my bag, ( not forcefully, just a normal pull ) and the zipper tab broke straight off leaving my bag no way to close. I looked over at GF in awe that this had just happen. She preceded to open her bag to take things out, and her zipper tab snapped on her bag too. Lets just say that this left us in for a lot of frustration for the time being for the rest of the trip trying to juggle bags through the plane flights and the airport with no way to keep the bags shut. Either we were stuck with a couple of lemon bags, or these bags are complete junk. Giving we both had the same issue, im leaning towards poor quality product. I would not recommend these to anyone, and next time im going to pony up more money for a higher quality bag. Its not worth saving a little bit of money for all the headache they caused us.
on December 9, 2016
One of the plastic pieces (the moving part of the clip) that holds on the shoulder strap broke the first time we gently pressed it to remove the strap. Apparently, the plastic is very cheap or brittle (e.g., perhaps it was stored in a very hot warehouse). We don't need the shoulder strap anyway, but if that's important to you, I'd look elsewhere. Other than that, after a couple months of light use, the duffle bag seems OK. However, we can't recommend this product since it wasn't well made and/or wasn't well stored.
on December 17, 2016
First off, this bag is a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be. It's well made and great for the price. I purchased this to have an overnight emergency bag in my car, I live about 90 miles from where I work and sometimes I can get snowed out and have to stay in the city I work. Purchasing this bag was a great investment because I was able to pack 4 days worth of clothing (pajamas, socks, underwear, and street clothes) instead of just one change of clothes. Like I said, a lot bigger than I expected but I'm happy with this bag.
on December 27, 2016
HUGE bag, definitely rugged material and construction. This was bought to carry my son's hockey goalie gear. Large enough to carry all his pads and gear as well as his normal hockey gear if he isn't playing net that day. It comes in a neat bag that is about the size of a courier bag that is made of the same stuff in case you are keeping this in the trunk as a cargo container for one of those tow hitch mounted cargo carriers. Definitely rugged enough to do for that, although I can't say if it's waterproof or not.
on March 30, 2018
using it a scuba diving bag. It costs 10% of what a "scuba" bag costs and works 10x better.
Aqua Lung should produce a product at least half this good for the hundreds they charge but they do not.
I have gone through two Aqua Lung bags at $350 each in less time than just one of this bag has lasted.
Not sure if I said that right but this is a great bag. So much better than any other bag I have used for my gear.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.